TSTT Forum: Using MMS on GSM Network - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Using MMS on GSM Network

#1 User is offline   nyro Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:14 PM

<_< Can anyone tell me if mms is available???, do you have to call and request it like with sms???

#2 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Post icon  Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:07 PM

No,i dont think it has become availabe yet, but you will have to wait for the ever knowing admin's repsons ;) ,he/she will be able to tell you for sure..

#3 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:35 PM

No, no, I am not the all knowingly oracle ...

As far as I understand, MMS and GPRS are still in test mode. It seems there is still an issue on how to bill the customer for that service. With GPRS you are always connected to the Internet (a virtual connection). But you only get billed when there is traffic between your phone and the net.

Anyhow, this is what I found about MMS:
"GPRS is the minimum requirement, although MMS works also over circuit switched GSM"

I believe we have to wait for the GPRS launch. My cell has bluetooth and my laptop is now getting a bluetooth adapter ... ready for portable Internet access in T&T ... would be nice if I could use my GSM phone everywhere like I used my 'beloved' TDMA cell ... but in the past 8 months I have not gotten a better signal and I hardly use the phone ... and I am a few minutes away from POS.
Coverage is the main problem!

#4 User is offline   nyro Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for the help! :) But then again I should have known better, I mean it it TSTT we are dealing with.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users