TSTT Forum: TSTT GPRS - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

TSTT GPRS Activation and re-activation?

#1 User is offline   Newton2007 Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:35 PM

What' s up with TSTT refusal to activate or reactivate GPRS ??

I have had a GPRS data SIM for three years and only this Feburary I had de-activated it, the reason being only the SLOW and drop connections I begun experiencing this year 2007 , however when I went to TSTT library corner in san F'do today 18/05/07, the CSR informed me that they are NOT selling any data SIM's again neither are they reactivating any existing ones,
Digicel has kept there EDGE for business people and TSTT is NOT reactivating .............

If they are reserving flat rate plans for Businesses then what would residential customers do to get a paying internet access via the cellular network??

Would a person now be only able to connect to the Internet via HSIA/ so called DSL!!! and be stuck at home ?? what is wrong with these telecom providers , there are rediculious restrictions on simple every day things like the Interent ?? We are struggling and battling up with a so called DSL (256Kbps) connection while South Korea has it minimum at 70MBps avilable to every citizen??

Can any one tell me when Digicel might make their EDGE flat rate plan avilable to the Public??

#2 User is offline   rawCpoppa Icon

• PipPip
  • Interests:Football! Music! Movies, Chess, All kinna ting te ting ting!

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:15 PM

View PostNewton2007, on May 18 2007, 08:35 PM, said:

What' s up with TSTT refusal to activate or reactivate GPRS ??

I have had a GPRS data SIM for three years and only this Feburary I had de-activated it, the reason being only the SLOW and drop connections I begun experiencing this year 2007 , however when I went to TSTT library corner in san F'do today 18/05/07, the CSR informed me that they are NOT selling any data SIM's again neither are they reactivating any existing ones,
Digicel has kept there EDGE for business people and TSTT is NOT reactivating .............this is the greatest Vision 20/20 !!!!!!!!!!!!

If they are reserving flat rate plans for Businesses then what would residential customers do to get a paying internet access via the cellular network??

Would a person now be only able to connect to the Internet via HSIA/ so called DSL!!! and be stuck at home ?? what is wrong with these telecom providers , how is a country expect to develop if there is rediculious restrictions on simple every day things like the Interent ?? We are struggling and battling up with a so called DSL (256Kbps) connection while South Korea has it minimum at 70MBps avilable to every citizen??

Can any one tell me when Digicel might make their EDGE flat rate plan avilable to the Public??

This kinda makes sense. Not trying to justify it but explain TSTT rational. Apparently when they introduced the service they didn't anticipate that so many people would join up for it. That poor service you experienced before deactivating is due to the sheer number ofpersons who use the EDGE service now. In another thread I wrote that I went into the same library corner branch to ask some questions about the poor service. TSTT knows the service is poor and doesn't resemble anything remotely close to high speed or even dial up speed.

I guess TSTT has two options:
1. Stop increasing the number of people using the service.
2. Spend some $$ to upgrade the capacity of their EDGE network...
3. Stop increasing the number of people using the service UNTIL they spend some $$ to upgrade the capacity of their EDGE network...

TSTT doesn't like to spend money and they also enjoy shafting the public so option 2 AND 3 are automatically out!

#3 User is offline   Newton2007 Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:26 AM

View PostrawCpoppa, on May 19 2007, 11:15 PM, said:

This kinda makes sense. Not trying to justify it but explain TSTT rational. Apparently when they introduced the service they didn't anticipate that so many people would join up for it. That poor service you experienced before deactivating is due to the sheer number ofpersons who use the EDGE service now. In another thread I wrote that I went into the same library corner branch to ask some questions about the poor service. TSTT knows the service is poor and doesn't resemble anything remotely close to high speed or even dial up speed.

I guess TSTT has two options:
1. Stop increasing the number of people using the service.
2. Spend some $$ to upgrade the capacity of their EDGE network...
3. Stop increasing the number of people using the service UNTIL they spend some $$ to upgrade the capacity of their EDGE network...

TSTT doesn't like to spend money and they also enjoy shafting the public so option 2 AND 3 are automatically out!

Thanks for the info. I guess that's it for any kind of access using GPRS!

#4 User is offline   reds16 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:24 AM

I was @ d Trade & Investment Conference last weekend. Lisa Communications promoting wireless internet, corporate only for now. TSTT hav data only SIM for Blackberry $260/mnth. D CSR say d service faster than normal GPRS which is limited to 30-40 kbps even if u hav a EDGE phone, & it cn b used as a modem w/ ur PC.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users