TSTT Forum: TSTT Lingo InfoText Service - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

TSTT Lingo InfoText Service ... commercial launch

#1 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:00 PM

TSTT is launching their new commercial TSTT Lingo InfoText Service on Monday 24th May. Free trial users were warned in the local papers (I hope they used SMS as well), that they will be billed accordingly starting from Monday. So, be warned that you might have to pay now or unsubscribe from the service.
TDMA post-paid users get the service for a flat fee of TT$ 29.00 per months, all other users are going to 'pay per use' (between $0.20 and 0.80 per SMS).

#2 Guest_South Man_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:06 PM

As of late I've found TSTT's messages to the public to be a bit vague... I don't know if it's just me.

Does this mean I have to now pay to receive SMS from the internet? I thought they were supposed to implement a feature where users will have a password of some sort to moniter who they want sending them SMS via the internet. If I have to unsubscribe the service that means I can't send it from my phone either and that really SUCKS!!! :angry:

#3 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:13 AM

No, as far as I understand this ... the Lingo InfoText Service is a content service, provided by Teleios's MessageCentral ... and has nothing to do with the Internet to SMS functionality. The InfoTExt service will give you the lates Play Whee, Lotto, movie schedules, sport etc.

The Internet/SMS service seems to go on stream in September. That might be the time when TSTT will start charging customers for Internet SMS ...
Will see how the whole thing will work out at the end.

It would be great to continue offering the website to mobile SMS service, but when at the end I have to pay to offer the service and I do not get any payments back ...
I very much doubt that that I will be able to offer that service. If people are willing to pay a contribution ... and it would cover the cost, TrinidadShopping.com/sms.html can continue to exist.

#4 User is offline   mdi Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 May 2004 - 07:07 PM

I think the launch of the new SMS Infotext ads are really cool. I hope the service lives up to it. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users