• (2 Pages)
  • +

Where do i find ringtones??????

#1 User is offline   nyro Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:44 AM

Just wondering where can i find free ringtones and graphics for my nokia 6200 gsm phone

#2 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:46 AM

www.ringo-card.com ... they sell cards in most cellular stores in T&T. Buy one card and get 2 tones.

#3 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2004 - 05:05 PM

dont spend yuh money just yet if isa gsm phone....cuz yuh need GPRS to get de tones....and TSTT not offerin it to da general public jess yet......why yuh doesnt tell dem dat admin?...cuz yuh always promotin ringo,buh yuh doesnt say GSM phones cant get it just yet....no offense or nuttin...buh daz a TSTT stunt

#4 User is offline   nyro Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:55 PM

oh i forgot, for free, cause i used to be able to get them on my tdma phone for free

#5 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:14 PM

dont spend yuh money just yet if isa gsm phone....cuz yuh need GPRS to get de tones....and TSTT not offerin it to da general public jess yet......why yuh doesnt tell dem dat admin?...cuz yuh always promotin ringo,buh yuh doesnt say GSM phones cant get it just yet....no offense or nuttin...buh daz a TSTT stunt

Sorry, but that is not true! Ringo had initially ONLY GSM ringtones and added this year TDMA tones too.

For free ... well, you buy one and get one for free ... that is at least 50% of your requirements :)

It will be quite difficult to offer GSM ringtones for free, because they cannot be send via the free access over Internet gateway. They have to go either via a GSM modem or via a direct link to TSTT's mobile center. Ringo is sending ringtones via SMS using a gsm modem ... that means they have to pay for each SMS and some ringtones require multiple SMS messages since GPRS is not yet available.

#6 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:56 PM

I do apologize, I now see how to do it….sorry for de mis-info,look like I iz de one pull de TSTT stunt..

#7 Guest_Ringo-Card_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:14 PM

Maybe it's time to bring some more light to the public.

First: Ringtones don't grow on trees like mangoes and you just pick them. :rolleyes: Somebody has to make them.
Second: I'm sure you don't want to get any ring, just to make your cell ring. You want it sound like Ashanti, 50 Cent or Scrunter. Here you touch a copyright issue. Might not interest you, but COTT and other copyright organisations and last but not least the artist itself. Oh ..., I forgot, this is Trinidad and Trinis are good in ... . B)
Third: The ring has to come to your cell. The only way is via SMS (for mono rings). Lucky thing, that TSTT's public gateway is free and mostly up and running. But no free ringtone site will send you a ringtone, when they have to pay for SMS.
More complicated is it with poly rings, wallpapers, games and all the other things.
You might find them on the Internet for free. But how do you get them on your cell? Infrared? Cable? And how much time do you have to spend on the Internet to find 'free' ringtones? I don't know which plan you have, but check this too. Your time.
How would you feel, when you downloaded a game on your cell and then your cell isn't working because the game damaged your cell's software? You have to go to a cell phone store to get it fixed. Time and money again.
What are you doing, when your car isn't working? Are you fixing it yourself? Because you do it for free?
Leave some things to people who know about their business. Nobody wants to rob you.
BTW we are doing some promotions in the next weeks in cell phone stores nationwide, where you can get polyphonic ringtones, wallpapers and other things for your GSM cell phone. Without GPRS (which will not be free either).
During this promotion will you get two items for $25. So check what is better. Spending hours on the web to find free stuff (and finally you'll find out, that it isn't working the way you want it), or just check us and get what you want easy and uncomplicated. :)
If you wish I can post more information here.

Beatrice,
Ringo-Card Team

#8 Guest_South Man_*

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:10 PM

Hey Ringo, sure thing man....post more information. :)

E.g. What stuff will be in the promotions, what kind of ring tones we can expect to find, also what's we'd be getting for the $25 you mentioned.

For some reason (and this is just my opinion) GSM which is supposed to be more advanced and offer better things as compared to TDMA...the availablity and freedom should I call it that, isn't so great with GSM.

For instance, companies Sim Lock the phones, ringtones are hard to get (thus far), and all these other additional costs for services, that are supposed to come on stream (as they said) later this year. Anyone one understand where I'm coming from???

#9 Guest_Ringo-Card_*

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:42 AM

Sorry for responding so late... . ... these days we are pretty busy... . B)

OK. We have a lot of nice polyphonic ringtones. To be precisely, it's nearly 300. We have a lot of local stuff too, like Soca, Chutney and Reggae. All made that way, that they fit on a large varity of recent (colour screen) GSM cell phones like Nokia (of course), Motorola (like V400 and V525), Samsung (C100, S300 and V200) and Sony Ericsson (T316 and T610). And they sound good!

Also plenty wallpapers. Sorry, I didn't count them yet. But there is enough for every taste. ;) Animated screensavers (for those phones that can display them). And a lot of very nice 'Themes' for the Sony Ericsson models T68i, T230, T316 and T610.

We took care of (nearly) any 'software issue'. So, all you have to do is pass by and take a look at what we have to offer. We're sending out SMS to inform our customers where they can meet us. If you never buy a Ringo-Card yet and want to get the SMS too, simply text 'Promo' to 689-6743 and we'll add you to our distribution list. We are doing this promotion in cooperation with Cellular Planet. So you'll meet us in one of their branches all over the country.

The GSM network is more advanced than the TDMA network. That's why even American companies who have been operating on TDMA for many years now start to put up GSM too. And will finally switch to GSM. But what you can actually do with your GSM cell always depends on what your telephone company offers you. Wait a little bit until Digicel or AT&T is in the country and you will see what they all start to put out. Even TSTT.

Freedom!? Man, the only thing you'll get for free is the air you breathe. But this also depends on your definition of freedom. Maybe you consider it already as freedom, when you can buy some real fancy clothes. I don't know. B)

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask them.

Bless u all.
Beatrice
Ringo-Card Team :ph34r:

#10 Guest_South Man_*

Post icon  Posted 05 June 2004 - 02:05 AM

Hmmm what about if you have a GSM Phone that doesn't use polyphonic ring tones, where can I get ring tones?

Also with the polyphonic ring tones on card I believe you said. How does that work, with regards to putting it on your phone?

#11 Guest_Ringo-Card_*

Posted 11 June 2004 - 06:14 AM

Hi South Man,

same place. :)

If you have some time, check us at one of our Promotion stops. Today we'll be at Cellular Planet in Long Circular Mall. Tomorrow we are in Gulf City Mall. At least you will get an idea of what we are doing. And maybe we can tune up your cell a little bit too. B)

Polyphonic ringtones, wallpapers and screensavers have to be send via GPRS. They are too big for a simple SMS. We do this promotion, because we realized, that is has plenty people, who rather want to get this on their cell than a 'normal' monotone ringtone.

Beatrice,
Ringo-Card Team

#12 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:03 PM

Ringo,I sent an email about 2 weeks ago,cant get a response yet.So i'll post my question here. I have ringtones on my pc in midi format,is there anywhere i can upload them to your site and i buy the card and get them that way because i have no other way of gettin them to my phone

#13 Guest_TSTT SUCKS_*

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:05 PM

Why pay when u can do it yaself for free? Buy a data cable = $200. Download alot of progs out there than can convert ya songs to ringtones for u and u business fix.

#14 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:51 PM

Where i gettin a data cabel for 200? and for those who have a data cabel or ifrared or bluetooth, go to www.truepolyphonic.com they have over 3000 free midi ringtones we could have.....FOR FREE :D

#15 Guest_Ringo-Card_*

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:10 PM

@ Sterling

I didn't get that email yet.

But I read your post. :) I wanted to offer to put your rings on your cell for free but I see that you rather pay 200TT and do it yourself. Ok. No problem.

And by the way. If you don't like to get SMS. Just unsubcribe the same way as you subscribed. Easy isn't it? And you will love the gateway again. :D

Happy Fathers Day!

Beatrice

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users