• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flow speed problems

#61 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:34 PM

Yeah and I had so much hope at the start yes, they did provide the 6 mbit speeds for a while but then all downhill from there

#62 User is offline   halajeet Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:14 PM

View Postdeathwinger, on Sep 18 2007, 08:50 AM, said:

I believe all the shut downs and what not are coming from TSTT testing their ADSL2+.

Hmm... can you explain your theory?

#63 User is offline   srnoth Icon

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Computers, music, electronics...

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

View Postwoodyear99, on Sep 23 2007, 12:34 PM, said:

Yeah and I had so much hope at the start yes, they did provide the 6 mbit speeds for a while but then all downhill from there

Exactly. Very poor planning on their part. If you don't have enough bandwidth, then don't upgrade people's packages. I would have been quite happy with my 512k (would still have been better than TSTT) until they got their ARCOS connections properly up and running. Now they're just embarrassing themselves.

Yesterday I actually had to switch back to my TSTT DSL because downloads were only around 24KBps with Flow :blink: . It's back to around 60KBps which is still only 512k.

#64 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:43 PM

Yup srnoth believe me you are not alone

#65 User is offline   Kukka Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:05 PM

Sigh same problems here, anyone called flow recently? Any updates on time frame to fix issue?

#66 User is offline   jaiume Icon

• PipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:08 PM

I spoke to them again - got a brain dead guy on the phone this time though. They have now shifted to saying it will be fixed this week. They said last week that it would be fixed by Saturday. I am starting to get the same feeling about Flow as I do about TSTT.

I am also thinking that Flow will be the same as TSTT with respect to giving peoiple refunds for less than advertised service...i.e Laugh in your face, and tell you to write a letter to the black hole department.

The response you get from customer service really makes a difference to how you feel....I think the main reason I am so annoyed with Flow was the helpdesk guy's lack of information and enthusiasm.

#67 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:27 PM

Yeah I have been calling every week and they keep saying it will be fixed in a week. Still waiting.

#68 User is offline   DFederales Icon

• PipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:35 PM

As early adopters you guys should have been expecting this at least. Most likely it will be fixed and you guys will be back to making everyone else not in the digitally upgraded parts of Trinidad feel like crap again!!!

#69 User is offline   dforge Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:26 AM

View PostDFederales, on Sep 24 2007, 11:35 PM, said:

As early adopters you guys should have been expecting this at least. Most likely it will be fixed and you guys will be back to making everyone else not in the digitally upgraded parts of Trinidad feel like crap again!!!

Yea, unfortunately that's the price for being an early adopter. Even after their ARCOS line comes onstream, they would have some teething problems. We are using Flow at work abot a week now and have had no problems at all so far with bandwidth. But ive them time.

#70 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:12 PM

Same exact problem as TSTT, just as I suspected and as usual they have zero idea when it will be fixed. So, all of us who went over to Flow thinking they wouldn't experience these badwidth problems are all getting them right back again. I'm going to speak with the manager on Monday to see if I can get an answer.

#71 User is offline   samureye Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

Well it seems to have improved now. But if we getting bandwidth from TSTT...then we should expect these problems. I hope with Arcos we get more speed than 2MB for the price, and more reliable at that.

#72 User is offline   guidostjo Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:55 PM

Yeah I am having some similar problems with speed this weekend and at peak times. Calling customer care they always say that they are aware there is a problem and are working to restore the service back to normal as soon as possible. As to what the issue is, everytime i call they will not admit its the lack of bandwith. Thanks to this forum we know what is really going on. <_<

#73 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:26 PM

They admitted they didn't have enough bandwidth to service all the customers when i called this week. been calling for the past 3 weeks and they always keep saying they working on it. They told me they putting things in place this weekend, I find that so funny. When tstt come with their new packages even if they slower at least they might be more consistent.

This service goes too slow and is too unreliable for the price I am paying. Have not gotten 6 mbit speeds in a while it is always sub 1 mbit during peak times. Yes I know it is unreasonable to expect 6 mbit speeds at all times but come on it is under 1 mbit most of the time lol, 1 - 6 mbit is a big difference.

I would call it false advertising.

#74 User is offline   aka Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:31 PM

View Postwoodyear99, on Sep 29 2007, 08:26 PM, said:

They admitted they didn't have enough bandwidth to service all the customers when i called this week. been calling for the past 3 weeks and they always keep saying they working on it. They told me they putting things in place this weekend, I find that so funny. When tstt come with their new packages even if they slower at least they might be more consistent.

This service goes too slow and is too unreliable for the price I am paying. Have not gotten 6 mbit speeds in a while it is always sub 1 mbit during peak times. Yes I know it is unreasonable to expect 6 mbit speeds at all times but come on it is under 1 mbit most of the time lol, 1 - 6 mbit is a big difference.

I would call it false advertising.

I was at 128kbps this afternoon and it should have been at 2mbps. I have said so before and I will say so again, Flow will screw customers as much as they can because it is the main reason they decided to come into Trinidad in the first place - easy customers, easy money. They probably lack the technical competence at the higher level as well so it's not surprising things are falling apart so soon. Can you imagine how reliable their VOIP service will be? Their digital cable services is a rip-off and when they call to try to sell me additional services I simply hang up on them in mid sentence. I am rude to them because they are rude to me. The thing to do is to let as many people know about their incompetence and dishonesty, and that should help with the problem a bit.

#75 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:00 PM

Well it is a new service so teething problems are inevitable, for those still on dsl though I would strongly recommend waiting another month or two to see what tstt has to offer.

• (37 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users