• (2 Pages)
  • +

GPRS coming soon testing

#16 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:40 AM

For those who didn't see the ad on June 30th ...
TSTT GPRS coming soon Ad 30-June-2004

#17 Guest_Mobile4u_*

• Group: Guests

Post icon  Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:31 PM

Ok unfortunately TSTT will only make mzone avaliable to Post Paid Customers
they claim it is too difficult at this time for them to make it avaliable on prepaid due
to the difficulty of billing on that system.

Secondly your cell must have GPRS capability on it.

If you only have WAP it won't work

#18 Guest_acqua112_*

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:32 PM

GPRS is available now. I went to one of their outlets today and got my cell hooked up.
And it's not too bad. Two times the speed of my normal dial-up.

I am posting from my laptop right now and I am in Long Circular Mall. That's fun!

acqua112

#19 User is offline   P800_user Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:35 PM

B) ok so its cool.. now anybody know where to get MSN messenger for the p800?

Or any other cool symbian OS applications

#20 Guest_acqua112_*

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:48 PM

Check Google.

#21 User is offline   nokia9210i Icon

• Pip

Posted 24 July 2004 - 09:00 PM

I have a nokia 9210i it has a html browser just like a pc. It does not have GPRS ( so it cant work with mzone) it has WWW and WAP. I was told by a tstt agent that the 9210i is supposed to be able to dial up to the net using a net express acount just like on a pc but she didnt know how. I tried setting it up like on a pc but it doesnt work. Any idea on how to configure it to connect to the net. Does my sim card have to be activated for it? Is it possible at all?

#22 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:30 AM

My GPRS experience so far is not too bad. Most of the time when there is a GSM signal I am getting my Internet connectivity.
Just 2 weeks ago (before the official GPRS launch), when I needed it most, being at the Hilton Tobago, I had some trouble getting online again after being online for about an hour or so. Trying to use TSTT NetExpress via the Hilton PBX (they charge USD 0.23 / minute) for the toll free call) lasted also only 25 minutes and all my TSTT Internet connection didn't work anymore. Well, my Carib-Link bakcup account worked fine. Due to the lack of the GPRS service for that particular event, I paid more for this Internet connection at the Hilton than I pay for my cell for a whole month. I therefore hope that TSTT's GPRS service will not be an unreliable service in the long run! I fullly understand that there are 'startup issues' ... once they get fixed I am a happy 'mzone' user. Oh, by the way ... I am not anymore on the freebee trail ... I pay for the unlimited package.
Since the launch I am having more trouble to keep the connection as I get dropped of quite frequently. A re-dial takes only seconds, but most web sessions are lost.

#23 User is offline   acqua112 Icon

• Pip

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:51 AM

I am very happy with my GPRS. As I am on the road nearly whole day mzone is a big help for me to do my business.
I am using the Samsung V200 connected via the serial cable to my laptop to go online. As long as I have a GSM signal I am getting my Internet connection. The connection is quite reliable. Once online I stay online. Even when I use the phone to make a phone call while using GPRS I stay connected. So my cell phone isn't only reduced to be a modem. Wow. I hope it stays that way.
Only one thing could be better. But maybe the problem is on my site. The speed. It's supposed to be 115 kBit/s compared to the 48 kBit/s I get with my normal dial-up. I am not seeing any difference/improvement. Will try to figure out what it could be.

#24 Guest_mobile4u_*

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:15 PM

Ok for those of you interested in some applications for your mobile that works
with GPRS, here are some cool ones.

Hotviewer

A great little application that works with your hotmail account
send, recieve, email and get this even view a file attachment all in your mobile
with hotviewer!! Excellent for email on the go!!

download free trial at www.reqwireless.com/wap (on your mobile)

Webviewer

this is a web browser that allows you to view web pages be it wap or not on a
scalabe size fit for your mobile, great for viewing pics ect.

Download trial at www.reqwireless.com/wap (on your mobile)

On the search engine side, since TSTT has no homepage yet for GPRS mobile users try google wap search to search for all thats wap on the web

www.google.com/wml ( on your mobile)

Yahoo user??

Use Yahoo wap site http://wap.yahoo.com and get access to your yahoo
email account from there.

NEED FREE RING TONES?, WALLPAPERS ECT

Check out www.click4wap.net

they have cool ringtones for free download!!!!

if you have any site you want to share please post

;)

#25 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

acqua112, on Aug 2 2004, 10:51 AM, said:

I am very happy with my GPRS. As I am on the road nearly whole day mzone is a big help for me to do my business.
I am using the Samsung V200 connected via the serial cable to my laptop to go online. As long as I have a GSM signal I am getting my Internet connection. The connection is quite reliable. Once online I stay online. Even when I use the phone to make a phone call while using GPRS I stay connected. So my cell phone isn't only reduced to be a modem. Wow. I hope it stays that way.
Only one thing could be better. But maybe the problem is on my site. The speed. It's supposed to be 115 kBit/s compared to the 48 kBit/s I get with my normal dial-up. I am not seeing any difference/improvement. Will try to figure out what it could be.

hi i have a samsung phone and i not able to download ringtones to my phone can u tell me what site i have to go to

#26 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

buy ah cable

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users