TSTT Forum: Switching DNS Servers? - TSTT Forum

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Switching DNS Servers? Hi guys! I'm looking for some advice on switching DNS servers.

#31 User is offline   omni Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:34 PM

View Posttrini_53, on Dec 17 2007, 11:23 PM, said:

hey y'll i'm getting alot of dns errors...my system log in my paradyne modem keeps sayin dns query fail and then primary server down switchin to secondary server..it happens almost every half hr if i'm lucky every cople of hrs...but the thing is when this happens my connection drops interrupting my downloads and can't surf the web. i am currently on blink dsl2+...never had this problem when i was on ADSL1....you guys think you can help me out here? any help is appreciated thanks.

Have you tried changing the DNS servers as stated earlier in this topic?

#32 User is offline   omni Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

View PostLich King, on Dec 17 2007, 08:28 AM, said:

Renewing lease is seamless and does not drop the connection or disconnect. If the connection is dropped then there is a dhcp problem. Maybe a problem communicating between your modem and TSTT gateway. My lease is set to renew every hour and no connections get dropped. If you leave stuff downloading and it drops then it is probably something with the reliability of your connection. DNS only resolves the ip the first time you access a resource, after that it is cached and reused so it is unlikely that dns has caused your file to stop downloading unless the server decided to change IP for some reason during the middle of your download. If you refer to p2p connections then those could be a result of dns timeouts because you may be flooding your connection with too many UDP packets so legitimate dns packets get dropped. For p2p over adsl I would recommend you disable UDP connections altogether.
Good Luck.

Ok, I checked it out. There doesn't seem to be an option to block UDP connections with flashget. I guess I just have to live with it or change the dowload client.

#33 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:12 AM

View Postomni, on Dec 18 2007, 10:06 PM, said:

Ok, I checked it out. There doesn't seem to be an option to block UDP connections with flashget. I guess I just have to live with it or change the dowload client.
Try uTorrent. Small and compact.

#34 User is offline   ninja_55 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:24 AM

yes omni i tired changing DNS servers still the same problem...it seems to have something to do with my SNR and my LINE...when it goes too low it starts happening and drops the connection...i really don't know...thanks though

#35 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:01 PM

View Posttrini_53, on Dec 19 2007, 09:24 AM, said:

yes omni i tired changing DNS servers still the same problem...it seems to have something to do with my SNR and my LINE...when it goes too low it starts happening and drops the connection...i really don't know...thanks though
Sounds like you have to punish yourself and call 62-blink. I hope you get through quickly. Good Luck.

#36 User is offline   omni Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:42 PM

View PostLich King, on Dec 19 2007, 06:12 AM, said:

Try uTorrent. Small and compact.

Tnx.

#37 User is offline   omni Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

View Posttrini_53, on Dec 19 2007, 09:24 AM, said:

I agree with Lich King. Good Luck! Your wiring may be bad and TSTT may take forever to come fix it too. If you know someone who can redo the wiring for you, you better call them. Good Luck again!

#38 User is offline   ninja_55 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:59 PM

thanks omni and lich king...the problem is the cables on the main road is real flecking old and somehow moisture and other things causing interferance on my line causing the SNR to be very unstable...so i guess i have to wait a good while before tstt does anything about that...in the meanwhile they might just do a workaround...also i can't understand how they would have DSL and now BLINK running in this area and its full of LOAD COILS...which they never supposed to have for DSL service...it flecks it up real real bad...i mean TSTT sucks all sides...they disgust me...DSL runs good on new brand cables and no load coils..and TSTT is contining to roll out BLINK services in areas where cables are donkey years old...and when customers start complaining then they MIGHT look into it...i guess FLOW giving them tooo much competition so they just going ahead and getting BLINK in as much places as possible...cause FLOW is limited...very few places have it...well anyways thanks again y'll!

#39 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

View Posttrini_53, on Dec 20 2007, 11:59 PM, said:

thanks omni and lich king...the problem is the cables on the main road is real flecking old and somehow moisture and other things causing interferance on my line causing the SNR to be very unstable...so i guess i have to wait a good while before tstt does anything about that...in the meanwhile they might just do a workaround...also i can't understand how they would have DSL and now BLINK running in this area and its full of LOAD COILS...which they never supposed to have for DSL service...it flecks it up real real bad...i mean TSTT sucks all sides...they disgust me...DSL runs good on new brand cables and no load coils..and TSTT is contining to roll out BLINK services in areas where cables are donkey years old...and when customers start complaining then they MIGHT look into it...i guess FLOW giving them tooo much competition so they just going ahead and getting BLINK in as much places as possible...cause FLOW is limited...very few places have it...well anyways thanks again y'll!

Hmm. perhaps you could try disablling g.dmt and use g.lite instead. g.lite is not supposed to have the same problems as g.dmt w.r.t. load coils.

#40 User is offline   ninja_55 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:40 PM

View PostLich King, on Dec 24 2007, 07:05 PM, said:

Hmm. perhaps you could try disablling g.dmt and use g.lite instead. g.lite is not supposed to have the same problems as g.dmt w.r.t. load coils.

even though i am on the blink ADSL2+? i use to do that for my normal DSL 256k it did help a bit...thanks let me know

#41 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2007 - 01:01 AM

View Posttrini_53, on Dec 24 2007, 11:40 PM, said:

even though i am on the blink ADSL2+? i use to do that for my normal DSL 256k it did help a bit...thanks let me know
I not sure I know what you try to say there but this is my answer. You can disable g.dmt and use g.lite which will most likely put you back on regular adsl but not necessarily back to your old speeds. The speeds should remain the same because what tstt offers is still below the max limit of g.lite so g.lite won't limit your speeds. I think the max speed on g.lite is 8mbps. It is still something worthwhile if it gives you better performance so give it a try and see. I hope it works for you so that atleast you have something going until tstt decides to fix them cables.

#42 User is offline   ninja_55 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2007 - 01:56 AM

View PostLich King, on Dec 25 2007, 01:01 AM, said:

I not sure I know what you try to say there but this is my answer. You can disable g.dmt and use g.lite which will most likely put you back on regular adsl but not necessarily back to your old speeds. The speeds should remain the same because what tstt offers is still below the max limit of g.lite so g.lite won't limit your speeds. I think the max speed on g.lite is 8mbps. It is still something worthwhile if it gives you better performance so give it a try and see. I hope it works for you so that atleast you have something going until tstt decides to fix them cables.

ok i tried it..it doesn't gain or decrease the performance..what happens adsl2+ is totally different as when we use to have DSL. DSL1 uses G.DMT or G.DMT lite but the blink uses ADSL2+. i have the paradyne router and ADSL2+ is checked off under the ADSL options..i tired taking of G.DMT but made no difference...like in my stats it says MODE: ADSL2+ before i was swithched to blink it use to say MODE: G.DMT..and at that time i took of the G.DMT and left it on G.DMT Lite and that was the mode it use to display..and things were much better. so i guess i'm stuck with this same damn problem until tstt decides to run new cables gosh i'm pissed! like right now the connection not to long dropped and came bk...because of fluctuation SNRS below the norm...what else could i do? is thier any other work around...i run out of choices now here...thanks for al your help though...anywyas Merry Christmas

#43 User is offline   flint Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:54 AM

Merry Christmas,

To enable G.lite only uncheck all the DSL2, DSL2+ options as well as the G.DMT, and you should connect using G.lite. The modem will re-sync almost immediately after you save this option. If you have problems reconnecting under G.LITE then re-enable your DSL2+ and you'll be back to what you were on initially.

#44 User is offline   ninja_55 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:19 PM

View Postflint, on Dec 25 2007, 11:54 AM, said:

Merry Christmas,

To enable G.lite only uncheck all the DSL2, DSL2+ options as well as the G.DMT, and you should connect using G.lite. The modem will re-sync almost immediately after you save this option. If you have problems reconnecting under G.LITE then re-enable your DSL2+ and you'll be back to what you were on initially.

ok great..thanks alot..it did work...but my line rate went from 13emgs to 4emgs but its ok until i upgrade..i have the 1meg blink package..also less and sometimes no errors as compared to when on adsl2+ mode....lets see how stable the connection will be now..thanks again

#45 User is offline   flint Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:28 PM

View Posttrini_53, on Dec 25 2007, 10:19 PM, said:

ok great..thanks alot..it did work...but my line rate went from 13emgs to 4emgs but its ok until i upgrade..i have the 1meg blink package..also less and sometimes no errors as compared to when on adsl2+ mode....lets see how stable the connection will be now..thanks again

Yea the rate would go down because you just forced the system to use regular dsl and not dsl2. Let us know how stable it's gotten :) and np ^_^

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users