TSTT Forum: can't send new year greetings on bmobile! - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

can't send new year greetings on bmobile!

#1 User is offline   jpf Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:04 AM

happy new year!! to all forumites!! unfortunately I tried to send that same msg to 2 people 2nite (1 bmbile the other digicel) & both failed... tried 3 times each... still got msg "sending failed" ok so i just read in a forum that bmobile-digicel sms & vice versa not possible.. but what about the bmobile no 778....?

anybody else tried txting 2nite after midnight? i wonder if plenty people trying 2 send new year greetings at the same time & jamming the network (bmobile)?

#2 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

Dont know if you ever noticed but this is a yearly occurance,uh just have to live with it I guess.Thats why every year I send out all my greetings about 10 mins before New Years and the networks get jammed.

#3 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

View PostCool3ni, on Jan 1 2008, 10:49 AM, said:

Dont know if you ever noticed but this is a yearly occurance,uh just have to live with it I guess.Thats why every year I send out all my greetings about 10 mins before New Years and the networks get jammed.
I more believe it is a yearly scheduled network shutdown. I was on the phone already and all of a sudden at midnight I got cut off. Maybe they anticipate network jams and just suspend it for a few mins. I could not make any calls for exactly 10 mins after midnight. Oh well.

#4 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

View PostLich King, on Jan 1 2008, 10:25 PM, said:

I more believe it is a yearly scheduled network shutdown. I was on the phone already and all of a sudden at midnight I got cut off. Maybe they anticipate network jams and just suspend it for a few mins. I could not make any calls for exactly 10 mins after midnight. Oh well.

I thought that I was the only person whom that happened to too... :blink:

Greg

#5 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

View PostLich King, on Jan 1 2008, 10:25 PM, said:

I suppose that may be true because even though my phone was connected to the bmobile network,on the display it said 'NO NETWORK ACCESS',so they probably locked everyone out for a while

#6 User is offline   RauCous Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:hmmm most of almost anything to do with telecommunication

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

I dont understand why they do that wouldn it just delay the flux of callers? kinda like road traffic when people try to leave early or late and realise everybody else doing the same thing...
All that network traffic probably really does some kinda physical damage.

#7 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:01 PM

I guess they are trying to prevent what happenned back in 2004(when TDMA waa still dominant,lol)and the GSM network crashed for an entire day an they had to call their friends at Nortel to help them fix it,the SMALL money they must of spend back then maybe give them network failure paranoia,so they would do all in their power to stop the network from ever crashing again,even if it means dropping our calls when they say yuh cod talk unlimited,blocking our txts and mms,or locking us out of the network,I guess they see it as a SMALL price to pay.

#8 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:12 PM

well i sent about 12 new years sms from up here to a bmobile, they were all received on Thursday lol

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users