TSTT Forum: Internet Usage Monitoring - TSTT Forum

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Internet Usage Monitoring He's watching us...

#1 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:27 AM

I knew that this would eventually happen.Big Brother's watching us even more now.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22829568/

Greg
0

#2 User is offline   Lich King Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 19-May 06

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

View Postgreall, on Jan 26 2008, 03:27 AM, said:

I knew that this would eventually happen.Big Brother's watching us even more now.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22829568/

Greg
This is truly bad news. I hope the powers that be prevent such unfairness. I guess if it happens to us we will just have to live with it. Just like how I refuse to load apple software to view their trailers because they think they have the right to overtake your pc just so you could view their content. I say the hell with that, I will just do without it. So hopefully we can rely on other people to forsake those ISPs with the hope that they take a hint someday. I just does not understand the greediness of some people though, it's like your company already making so much money but now you want to cross the line just for the sake of greed.
0

#3 User is offline   Alpine Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 14-January 08

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

I now read that article dread.
That is very bad news. I had forseen they would take steps to prevent piracy but this is just insane.

Anyone knows if TSTT and FLOW go start doing this same thing?
0

#4 User is offline   Trini.tk Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 532
  • Joined: 12-February 06
  • Location:127.0.0.1

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:52 PM

Sounds like an invasion of privacy.
0

#5 User is offline   Skylined Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 150
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Penal, Trinidad
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:21 AM

People and computers on the internet are always watching your every move on the internet

Download PeerGuardian2 and see for yourself, when you install it, select all the blocklist and just look at the log!!!

YOU WOULD BE VERY SURPRISED
0

#6 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:10 AM

The question is: do we really have privacy on the Internet?

Greg
0

#7 User is offline   jss Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 11-September 05

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:20 PM

View Postgreall, on Feb 18 2008, 04:10 AM, said:

The question is: do we really have privacy on the Internet?

Greg


I think Scott McNealy from Sun already said a few years ago: "You have no privacy. Get over it". I don't think anything has improved since then. In fact with our Government having installed Carnivore equipment a few years ago you should already know that all your e-mails are being read.
0

#8 User is offline   Alpine Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 14-January 08

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:29 PM

View Postjss, on Feb 19 2008, 07:20 PM, said:

I think Scott McNealy from Sun already said a few years ago: "You have no privacy. Get over it". I don't think anything has improved since then. In fact with our Government having installed Carnivore equipment a few years ago you should already know that all your e-mails are being read.


<edited by admin> ... not again!!!

Its clear that this rumour about this carnivore equipment thing the government has even if it exist is useless and cannot do squat.
I could tell yuh for a fact the only people in the world you cannot hide anything from is the CIA and FBI as we all know technicially speaking America owns the internet. And they know your every move and stuff. Why yuh think they gave out Hotmail free to the public and yahoo and Gmail free etc.

Watch nah if USA was really serious about cracking down in illegal stuff, bet yuh buttom dollar 20 million illegal immigrants that living there would be sent back home tomorrow morning, and everyone who has downloaded even 1 illegal movie or music or program would be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law.
Is just the Americans are giving nation and they feel surry for we is why they let all that slide.

Remember all them VHS cassets we used to rent from them video clubs and thing back in the days, that used to have "not for sale or rental please 1 - 800 NO COPIES"
Well the amount ah people I know did dial that number and nothing came out of it.
Like I say they are very giving people and if they wanted they could lock we up anytime. But other people suffering dosen't exactly give the American people joy you know.

PS surry if I got a little political in this article.
but explaining this article was a bit tricky without atleast some tiny amount of politics.

This post has been edited by admin: 19 February 2008 - 11:23 PM
Reason for edit:: Warning - Breaking again the rules!

0

#9 User is offline   Lich King Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 19-May 06

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:34 PM

View PostAlpine, on Feb 19 2008, 09:29 PM, said:

......

Its clear that this rumour about this carnivore equipment thing the government has even if it exist is useless and cannot do squat.
I could tell yuh for a fact the only people in the world you cannot hide anything from is the CIA and FBI as we all know technicially speaking America owns the internet. And they know your every move and stuff. Why yuh think they gave out Hotmail free to the public and yahoo and Gmail free etc.

Watch nah if USA was really serious about cracking down in illegal stuff, bet yuh buttom dollar 20 million illegal immigrants that living there would be sent back home tomorrow morning, and everyone who has downloaded even 1 illegal movie or music or program would be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law.
Is just the Americans are giving nation and they feel surry for we is why they let all that slide.

Remember all them VHS cassets we used to rent from them video clubs and thing back in the days, that used to have "not for sale or rental please 1 - 800 NO COPIES"
Well the amount ah people I know did dial that number and nothing came out of it.
Like I say they are very giving people and if they wanted they could lock we up anytime. But other people suffering dosen't exactly give the American people joy you know.

PS surry if I got a little political in this article.
but explaining this article was a bit tricky without atleast some tiny amount of politics.

Yes yes, I read about that on Trini Tuner somewhere. It hard to get information about it on the internet now but it have a few bits of information still floating around.

Yea we really don't have any privacy on the internet especially with emails. Although the people who responsible for doing those things don't really sit down and read all our emails but instead their mainframe systems look for keywords and phrases before it raises a red flag. As for Trinidad there is a company, (a secret one, duh!), that supposedly minds our business but I don't know for what reason or how effectively they do it. Of course I sure they might come across this post too and wonder how I know about them well its the same way they know about me, LoL.
0

#10 User is offline   Alpine Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 14-January 08

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:43 PM

LOL hahahahahaha I like da one lich hhahahaaha ROFL ahahahaha

for real dread, I hear about da group they say is a secret FBI.
And espicially since da JFK Airport incident with them fellas recently I bet they monitoring we more than ever.
And all them fellas on trinituner who posting how to hack dish network whole day with a 6 foot dish lol better watch theyself lol ahahahah

Boy watch nah of these people was really out for we they jail more than half trinidad yuh know LOL...
0

#11 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:09 AM

My sister,my friends at TSTT and two of my friends who work in ICT all tell me the same thing: 'There's no privacy on the Internet.'

I must admit that the ICT Administrator at the company where I work tells us routinely that ALL e-mails are subject to interception on ANY network.HE doesn't actually sit and read them but,as stated above,'keywords' are looked for in the e-mails.I know of a few people at other companies who were called into their HRM departments after flagged keywords were observed in some of their e-mails.

Greg
0

#12 User is offline   surfer_dude Icon

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 24-January 08

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:37 PM

Nothing is private anymore. We are in the age of HighTech Macco (HTM).
0

#13 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 561
  • Joined: 04-October 06
  • Location:Third planet from the sun
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

With all the privacy that we don't have its puzzling to see that they couldnt stop 911,or if each call we make an each text we send is looked at an listened to then why cant we get kidnappers when they make randsom calls or catch crooks that call each other from payphones and cellphones to plan their heist.It really makes me wonder how good they using all "maccoying technology".
0

#14 User is offline   Lich King Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 19-May 06

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

View PostCool3ni, on Feb 21 2008, 09:06 PM, said:

With all the privacy that we don't have its puzzling to see that they couldnt stop 911,or if each call we make an each text we send is looked at an listened to then why cant we get kidnappers when they make randsom calls or catch crooks that call each other from payphones and cellphones to plan their heist.It really makes me wonder how good they using all maccoying technology.
I will let you in on a little secret. In a forensic study done on money in Trinidad, 80% of hundred dollar bills contained significant levels of illegal drug residues on them. The test indicated that 80% of hundred dollar bills in the random sample used were actually used for some illegal purpose. In reality the government does not want to stop crime because the economy will fall, a sad reality. I heard that piece of statistics from an ACCA lecture in SBCS, I really can't say if it's true or not but atleast it's something to think about.
0

#15 User is offline   Alpine Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 14-January 08

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

A teacher from SAM told me the exact same thing.
Indeed a sad reality but we don't need drug money to survive we have enough oil and gas for that.
But some people want a ferrari and a private jet so whatever he says goes.

You should listen to a song called Guns N' Roses Civil war and one in a million
2 great songs by the greatest rock band of all time. it explains why trinidad is why it is today.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users