TSTT Forum: Winward Telecom - TSTT Forum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1

Winward Telecom Further ICT competition

#1 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:05 AM

I came across this in today's Guardian newspaper and thought that I'd post it here for comment:

http://guardian.co.t...sguardian7.html

Greg
0

#2 User is offline   Alpine Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 14-January 08

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

nice then this would mean we will soon be paying $100 TT for 10MB broadband.

Since they go be selling bandwidth, things ought to get a whole lot cheaper.

So we go have TSTT Arcos and winward.
excellent. Trinidad going somwehere now.
0

#3 User is offline   mr chin Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 140
  • Joined: 03-January 07
  • Location:penal
  • Interests:computers, internet, ladies, music...

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

View PostAlpine, on Feb 28 2008, 02:55 PM, said:

nice then this would mean we will soon be paying $100 TT for 10MB broadband.

Since they go be selling bandwidth, things ought to get a whole lot cheaper.

So we go have TSTT Arcos and winward.
excellent. Trinidad going somwehere now.

you are getting too happy and anxious before the service even launch. let me burst your bubble. firstly this company is catering mainly to the oil and energy companies together with government institutions and internet service providers. from reading the article, i have not sensed that they would be offering broadband to the general public. plus paying $100tt for 10mb connection. i wish. maybe next 10 years or when we get grey hair......
0

#4 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:32 AM

View Postmr chin, on Feb 28 2008, 09:26 PM, said:

you are getting too happy and anxious before the service even launch. let me burst your bubble. firstly this company is catering mainly to the oil and energy companies together with government institutions and internet service providers. from reading the article, i have not sensed that they would be offering broadband to the general public. plus paying $100tt for 10mb connection. i wish. maybe next 10 years or when we get grey hair......


The new option MAY afford us residential customers with more available bandwidth once they can get most of their target market to 'jump ship' but this will only happen once they (the intended market) sees the benefits of becoming a WinTel subscriber.This in itself may take time as we see with the Blink and Flow battle for both business and residential customers.

Greg
0

#5 User is offline   Trini.tk Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 532
  • Joined: 12-February 06
  • Location:127.0.0.1

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:41 PM

Cheap bandwidth to Independent ISPs. Very good.
Maybe a few of us on this forum can come together and form our own little ISP Company.
There may be profits involved :P
0

#6 User is offline   mr chin Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 140
  • Joined: 03-January 07
  • Location:penal
  • Interests:computers, internet, ladies, music...

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

i still believe people in this country should not be anxiously waiting for broadband. we too advance for that. if tstt had taken broadband seriously, almost everyone would have had broadband by now and for sure dialup would have lived its days. i really do hope and pray that this year, we see a serious progress with broadband on a nationwide scope and experience the excitment that comes with it. i thought 2008 would have been the year for it, but i was wrong. i am counting on 2009. PLEASE LET BE. SAVE THIS NATION FROM DIALUP
0

#7 User is offline   ninja_billy Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 452
  • Joined: 07-March 07
  • Location:Trinidad

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

you should not knock dial up it is really a life saver when you really need an internet connection
0

#8 User is offline   Alpine Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 14-January 08

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

View PostTrini.tk, on Feb 29 2008, 12:41 PM, said:

Cheap bandwidth to Independent ISPs. Very good.
Maybe a few of us on this forum can come together and form our own little ISP Company.
There may be profits involved :P



I agree dialup is rubbish, and for people like me who get 0.001K in peak hours I know first hand what it is like.
Right now I am using it.

Look at the entire world, Japan, USA, Canada, Russia, Europe etc. Even Asia the most useless places on earth rocking 6MB satellite broad Band for ultra cheap prices.

And look at we, we still on Dialup.
Did you know in Africa where it has people that has never even seen a telephone or a TV, is rocking T1 satellite internet.

TSTT must be really proud to be the world's most useless ISP.

I saw an article in the Times magazine where TSTT was rated the world's most expensive and poorest ISP on earth.
The only ISP that forces people to use dialip.

While ISP all over the world are trying to improve their nation and the lives of its people here in Trinidad TSTT trying to keep down its natiopn and people.
They don't give a flying f*** about improvement.
All they care about is rum fete with ah marchell and bunji say jump up and wave your rag in the sky and all trinidadians say yes TSTT till we dead.

So even though there is competition we have inflicted a self monopoly on us.
There is competition but our minds are forever enslaved to support TSTT because of we don't they brand us as a terrotist or unpatriotic.

what a shame and a disgrace TSTT
its 2008 TSTT dialup was ended in 1999 in USA TSTT.
0

#9 User is offline   admin Icon

  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 817
  • Joined: 28-July 03

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

View PostAlpine, on Mar 1 2008, 01:33 PM, said:

While ISP all over the world are trying to improve their nation and the lives of its people here in Trinidad TSTT trying to keep down its natiopn and people.

And do you really think that your contributions here in this forum have any positive effects on the life of people in T&T?

I would also strongly recommend to add a proper source where you got your information from before spreading rumours.
Rumours do not help anybody here!

And another quick reminder ... without TSTT you would probably have no Internet at all.
0

#10 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:56 PM

View Postadmin, on Mar 2 2008, 02:43 PM, said:

And do you really think that your contributions here in this forum have any positive effects on the life of people in T&T?

I would also strongly recommend to add a proper source where you got your information from before spreading rumours.
Rumours do not help anybody here!

And another quick reminder ... without TSTT you would probably have no Internet at all.


Time to rope in the cattle...

Greg
0

#11 User is offline   Alpine Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 14-January 08

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

I always wonder if people from TSTT does read this forum.

Well seeing that things are all the same everyday, is either they read these posts and don't care or they just don't bother.

I wonder what we can do to actually change things.
0

#12 User is offline   admin Icon

  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 817
  • Joined: 28-July 03

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:41 PM

View PostAlpine, on Mar 2 2008, 03:15 PM, said:

I always wonder if people from TSTT does read this forum.

They do! But clearly you don't!
0

#13 User is offline   Alpine Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 14-January 08

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

View Postadmin, on Mar 2 2008, 07:41 PM, said:

They do! But clearly you don't!


So it would seem <_<
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users