• Last »

Blink Updates Please post your Blink updates

#1 User is offline   surfer_dude Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

Post your Blink updates here.

This will help others waiting on Blink to know how soon or how far away they are from getting it in their area.

#2 User is offline   dr.tt Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

View Postsurfer_dude, on Mar 5 2008, 10:34 AM, said:

This will help others waiting on Blink to know how soon or how far away they are from getting it in their area.

Arima is online.

DR

#3 User is offline   khafra Icon

• Pip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:05 PM

View Postsurfer_dude, on Mar 5 2008, 10:34 AM, said:

Yup Arima is online, last i checked last night i was getting 600Kbps (approx 70KBps on torrents right now), supposed to be on the 2Mbit package though, at least i know they working on it.

i'll check it out again tonight to see if they did work during the day.

#4 User is offline   Alpine Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

Great news I called BLINK and they say the Piarco exchange has BLINK. Finally after waiting so many years.

Hear the sad part in order for me to get blink I must sign up for a Business package and convert my line to Business.

That means I go be paying $700 a month for 512k blink and $189 a month for phone rental.

Else I not getting blink, seems like TSTT really has an agenda against people living piarco

#5 User is offline   cardez Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

The thing is i have blink in enterprise but my sis lives 5 mins walking from me and they didnt call her yet, and she signed up 2 weeks before me.

Also my bro in endinburg 500 called and they said they not ready in that area yet, but i know ppl from that area who say they already have blink

And one of my classmates from freeport who signed up a lil while after me went into their office and said he asked them when they'll be ready in his area and the CSR said "we are currently updating the service in your area". When he asked her what that means she repeats "we are currently updating the service in your area" as if she was programmed to say that or something

So in conclusion i feel TSTT still testing their blink service or something and just charging ppl money for their little test runs
but its working ok by me

Peace out ppl

#6 User is offline   Alpine Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

View Postcardez, on Mar 5 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

The thing is i have blink in enterprise but my sis lives 5 mins walking from me and they didnt call her yet, and she signed up 2 weeks before me.

Also my bro in endinburg 500 called and they said they not ready in that area yet, but i know ppl from that area who say they already have blink

And one of my classmates from freeport who signed up a lil while after me went into their office and said he asked them when they'll be ready in his area and the CSR said "we are currently updating the service in your area". When he asked her what that means she repeats "we are currently updating the service in your area" as if she was programmed to say that or something

So in conclusion i feel TSTT still testing their blink service or something and just charging ppl money for their little test runs
but its working ok by me

Peace out ppl

Well BLINK is available by me but only for business people not resedential.

So I go do without happy for you BTW.
Good to know people getting high speed and TSTT loosing money.
If I cah get it i still glad a trini brother can get it.

#7 User is offline   oushiza Icon

• PipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:57 AM

Good to Hear Arima Online. So Close yet so far. A CSR called and told me that They are doing tests in my area (Malabar). I believe my part of Malabar is connected to the Santa Rosa Exchange. But its good to finally see some progress.

#8 User is offline   dr.tt Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:07 AM

View Postoushiza, on Mar 6 2008, 07:57 AM, said:

Good to Hear Arima Online. So Close yet so far. A CSR called and told me that They are doing tests in my area (Malabar). I believe my part of Malabar is connected to the Santa Rosa Exchange. But its good to finally see some progress.

That is correct, I have a friend in Malabar connected to Santa Rosa exchange that is online already.

DR

#9 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

They're testing Blink in certain areas served by the Princes Town exchange so I guess that I should be able to get it at home soon so I'm just being patient.

Greg

#10 User is offline   Alpine Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:00 PM

I call back BLINK today again same response.
Piarco exchange is BLINK ready.

But not for residential customers.
You need to take the business package if you want it.

Got the same response from 2 CSR.

I go call back about 500 times until I get another response every time I call I get a different answer from each blink CSR.

BTW I have noticed when I call Blink and I am speaking with a CSR there is always a loud jamet laughter in the back ground as if these workers dosen't realise that they are working in an ISP company and not a fish market.

I hope next time they would stop laughing and braying like some goats and have some respect when people is speaking on the phone.
Imagine I happned to hear the work BROOK from one of those loud CSR.
BROOK from bold and they beautiful no doubt.

This is what we tax money paying for?

#11 User is offline   ninja_billy Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:06 PM

hoss that is utter BS they can provide dsl to your house but not as a residential customer, eould be easier/cheaper for you to sell your house and move to a flow/blink ready area. I feeling real sorry for you :mellow: :huh: hard luck bro

#12 User is offline   bounty_killa Icon

• PipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

View Postgreall, on Mar 6 2008, 12:09 PM, said:

They're testing Blink in certain areas served by the Princes Town exchange so I guess that I should be able to get it at home soon so I'm just being patient.

Greg

HALLELUJAH

I know two people in P/Town personally who have it but apparently they is guinea pigs to the service..

#13 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:16 AM

View PostAlpine, on Mar 6 2008, 02:00 PM, said:

I call back BLINK today again same response.
Piarco exchange is BLINK ready.

But not for residential customers.
You need to take the business package if you want it.

I repeat myself ... it is not true what you said! TSTT confirmed that residential and business users can get Blink from the Piarco exchange!

#14 User is offline   Alpine Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:27 AM

Yeah they tell me that today aswell, but when i first called a CSR told me otherwise i swear to god thats what one CSR told me.
I know they say residential and business people can get it now. Maby one CSR was clueless who knows.

Now the question is why is it that I and plenty of my neighbors who sent in applications since November still cannot receive the service.
While an Internet Cafe thats located walking distance from me has the service.
I know for a fact they was doing a scheme with the regular DSL before and giving business places only.
But I still think in secret they still doing it. They keep telling me I living to far from the exchange, but I know they lying because an internet cafe by me has the service, I tested it myself they getting 520k with the 512k package. Before they was getting 128k.

PS. I find since yesterday the CSR speaking different now for the piarco users when ever I call.
Seems like something has changed.
before they was pulling out answers from a magical hat and now they all are accurate on the info.
I think them managers from TSTT does read this forum. And seems like they starting to buck on those CSR.

BTW what troubles me the most is why does all the CSR keep telling me I don't live ithin the 3 mile radius/5KM so I cannot receive.
Even if it was so I have no problem if I living to far thats just how DSL technology works right.
But even if I did indeed live further than 5KM range from the exchange they have no right to tell me I cannot receive the service because according to Wikipedia ADSL2 reaches 7KM from the exchange.

They have absolutely no right to say I need to live within 5KM of the exchange because ADSL2 reaches 7KM.
steups I getting fedup of this nonsense Piarco finally get BLINK and again I cannot reach it.
I told them las Lomas is in Phase 2 area and Las Lomas waaaaaay further than me.
hear these fools now how Las lomas uses a different exchange.

WTMFC?
What garbage is that Las Lomas area code is 669. Thats the piarco exchange area code. that is my area code!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:12 AM

View Postbounty_killa, on Mar 6 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

HALLELUJAH

I know two people in P/Town personally who have it but apparently they is guinea pigs to the service..

Our Princes Town office has been a guinea pig since late January... :lol:

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users