• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flow slow down

#16 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:12 PM

Low speeds again tonight, pretty much been like this whole week so far, speeds ranging from 1000 to 1500. Speeds are fluctuating.

#17 User is offline   trailblazer Icon

• PipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Just curious, but do you guys do real world testing in addition to these speed tests?
I would suggest downloading multiple files from multiple sites with a download manager like flashget.
That way, you can see the aggregated result as opposed to a one time test for a few seconds.

I have Flow internet at home, and it always flies... except when those stupid tall trucks keep bursting my lines...

#18 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:31 PM

Speeds are getting worse and worse every night. I hope they fix this problem soon. This is Cascade area.

#19 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:49 AM

We use Flow as our WAN provider at work and there was a problem last week and ALL of our branches were down for a day while they worked on it.They really seem to have a problem daily between 10am and noon and this was pointed out to the ICT Manager who said that he spoke to our corporate rep about it.

My sources there tell me that they're testing in certain areas so I guess that this is the minor inconvenience but I can't tell my customer that... :angry:

Greg

#20 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

I was informed today that apparently Cascade has too many users online after 6pm and therefore they are experiencing the same problems that TSTT had with DSL in that area. There isn't enough bandwidth for the area basically. I am really disappointed that Flow would allow this to happen. I mean if they knew that they only have a certain amount of badnwidth why open more accounts for users and make them suffer?

#21 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

I assume that that problem would repeat itself with both providers but it irritates more when it's Flow.

Greg

#22 User is offline   davecc Icon

• PipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

Hi Everyone,

My first post. I have the identical FLOW 6MB package at both my office in POS and one at my home in Westmoorings. The home account started out well with transfer speeds of between 450 and 600 KB/sec downloading and for the last few weeks it is reduced to 150KB/sec max. The office account works about 80% of the advertised speed which I can tolerate, but the home account sucks big time. <DELETED>!!

davecc

#23 User is offline   beastly Icon

• Pip

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:18 PM

Speeds are slow atm. Only getting 500 on average.

#24 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:27 AM

Yep extremely bad lately. Getting about the same or less than 500. Beastly where are you located?

#25 User is offline   Anita Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

View PostSantos, on Jul 23 2008, 07:27 AM, said:

Yep extremely bad lately. Getting about the same or less than 500. Beastly where are you located?

Now, in Valsyn - http://www.speedtest...t/299762017.png

Best - Anita.

#26 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

Anita looks like your speeds are fine in Valsayn but the rest of us in the heart of POS are getting serious slow down wrt speeds. If you're experiencing problems please let them know, maybe they will take us more seriously and do something about it.

#27 User is offline   beastly Icon

• Pip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

Im in the Diego Martin area. Was getting 999 ms ping for a while but its improved now. Now getting 1mb on average. This started about a week ago.

#28 User is offline   guidostjo Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

Personally i am sick and tired of the fluctuating speeds from flow here in Maracas St. Joseph. I eh know what else to do. I've called flow a million times, i've written them, i actually spoke to someone there that i know and he didnt come thru either.

A technician was supposed to visit my house yesterday. I happened to not go to work that day cos i was working on a project. When i saw it was after 5 i called to find out what was happening and the rude male csr spoke to told me that my service call was closed...i was like uh??? but as if i was home whole day and i eh see or hear nutting from no technician. I was told that the technician fixed something on the pole and close the service call. All a bunch of lies. the pole that feeds where i live i happen to have a good view from my work desk. I woulda certainly remember seeing a flow technician on a pole from my desk.

My cable workin, my phone workin so tell me what de @55 you could fix on a pole to fix my speed problems. They rescheduled a next technician to come by me friday.

Anita you always have good speeds so there must be something different in your area than the rest of us. Its up to flow to figure that out. If i remember correctly Valsayn was the first to go digital right? So whatever they did there needs to be replicated everywhere else so people can get what they paying for. Anyone know anyone at Flow that can help me out here? This has been goin on for months and no resolution in sight and i feel like tossing that modem.

HELP!!!

#29 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:34 PM

If you want to see improvements to the fluctuating speeds the best thing for everyone to do is bomb them with complaint calls everyday because they don't take anyone seriously unless they get alot of complaints. Most of the people who answer the phone have no clue what going on and are very incompetent. It is like a guessing game for them.

#30 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

View PostSantos, on Jul 23 2008, 11:34 PM, said:

If you want to see improvements to the fluctuating speeds the best thing for everyone to do is bomb them with complaint calls everyday because they don't take anyone seriously unless they get alot of complaints. Most of the people who answer the phone have no clue what going on and are very incompetent. It is like a guessing game for them.
Useless, Long time now I trying to get them to fix TBS by me, I just fed up now. I had better luck writing letters to santa claus than getting flow to fix my cable. I wish you guys luck though.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users