• +

* TESTING NEW ZHONE 6218-I2-xxx WIFI ROUTER

#16 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:51 PM

View PostCapeMayGrrl, on Jun 29 2008, 07:17 PM, said:

Well I asked TSTT Customer Care about the modem and I was told that the Paradyne modem doesn't have wi-fi.

Now isn't Paradyne and Zhone the same people??? Is it that some customers are getting the wi-fi modem and others aren't?
Yes Zhone and Paradyne same thing, I don't know the full company history but Paradyne is now Zhone either from a buyout or company name change. I would have to agree with your last statement that some people get the wifi modem but I do not know the criteria for getting one.

#17 User is offline   SRASC Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:06 PM

View Postzuke, on May 9 2008, 01:46 PM, said:

OK folks i just got a ZHONE 6218-I2-xxx from blink to test for a month, setup was straightforward and it came with the latest firmware. The only thing I notice so far is that it doesn't work well with PPPoA whereas my normal 6211-I2 works flawlessly on both modes same exchange. I have the wireless turned on with WPA-PSK security and signal strength it good.
I'm just waiting to see how long the wifi radio will last.. i've had several brands of wifi routers in the past that died after a few weeks..except for my faithful linksys :)

http://zhone.com/products/6218/

How'd you set it up? I recently (< a wk ago) got this modem & have not been successful at all in setting it up....

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users