Page 1 of 1

Helpdesk No Internet in New Delhi

#1 User is offline   Razzzhead Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

This is sad.

I got through to the CSR on the New Delhi Helpdesk and enquired about the IMAP client configuration settings that I had read on TSTT Support Customer Resource Center site, which was a bit confusing regarding the server name and so on. After asking me for my name and phone number, Kim (I kid you not) said that my account was suspended. I replied that was surprising as I was calling on that number and was able to browse successfully. After putting me on hold and speaking to her supervisor, Kim eventaually came back and reported that her supervisor had told her that if the customer was able to hear her and was able to browse, it was unlikely that the account was suspended. I realised that Kim and her super were masters of pedantry. I was getting nowhere.

At last I was able to get to the point of my enquiry regarding the IMAP settings. After going through the settings as described on this link, Kim informed me that TSTT Webmail does not support IMAP. I pointed out that I wasn't refering to TSTT Webmail but the new Google enabled email as described on the New Blink Google page

Your TSTT e-mail has been upgraded to offer you all the benefits of gmail, with your existing TSTT account.
You will love the new services:

Huge storage space - 6GB!
World-class spam and virus filtering
New, easier interface that even allows you to chat with other mail users!
All of your existing email is already waiting for you in your new mailbox. Logging in is easy. Have your username and password ready, and click here.

After putting me on hold again and referring to her wise supervisor, she returned still confused. I invited her to browse to the links herself so as to attempt to cut shorter what was becoming a very long story.

(During this time I had finished setting up my client and the IMAP access did in fact work after all.) After carefully spelling out the link (no cut & paste over the phone...) she quietly informed me that unfortunately she could not browse to that website as their facility did not have online internet access for 'security reasons'. I was speechless.

I informed her that I had managed to sort out the problem anyway and if she needed to set up IMAP herself or to check a link online, to give me a call, and was there anything else I could help her with today?

#2 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:12 PM

Hey do you mind helping me. I could not get that to work although I am more interested in setting it up as POP instead of IMAP. Nevertheless what did you put as the username and what other settings can you mention? Also if those helpdesk people have access to our records then maybe it is a good idea for them to block internet access but still I find that primitive. Surely they can come up with a secure network, I doubt that is beyond human capability. Besides who would care to hack our personal TSTT information, I can't see that as being useful for anyone.

#3 User is offline   zion high Icon

• PipPip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

View PostRazzzhead, on Jun 13 2008, 12:23 PM, said:

This is sad.

I got through to the CSR on the New Delhi Helpdesk and enquired about the IMAP client configuration settings that I had read on TSTT Support Customer Resource Center site, which was a bit confusing regarding the server name and so on. After asking me for my name and phone number, Kim (I kid you not) said that my account was suspended. I replied that was surprising as I was calling on that number and was able to browse successfully. After putting me on hold and speaking to her supervisor, Kim eventaually came back and reported that her supervisor had told her that if the customer was able to hear her and was able to browse, it was unlikely that the account was suspended. I realised that Kim and her super were masters of pedantry. I was getting nowhere.

At last I was able to get to the point of my enquiry regarding the IMAP settings. After going through the settings as described on this link, Kim informed me that TSTT Webmail does not support IMAP. I pointed out that I wasn't refering to TSTT Webmail but the new Google enabled email as described on the New Blink Google page

After putting me on hold again and referring to her wise supervisor, she returned still confused. I invited her to browse to the links herself so as to attempt to cut shorter what was becoming a very long story.

(During this time I had finished setting up my client and the IMAP access did in fact work after all.) After carefully spelling out the link (no cut & paste over the phone...) she quietly informed me that unfortunately she could not browse to that website as their facility did not have online internet access for 'security reasons'. I was speechless.

I informed her that I had managed to sort out the problem anyway and if she needed to set up IMAP herself or to check a link online, to give me a call, and was there anything else I could help her with today?

This is a classic example of what you encounter everytime you call TSTT internet helpdesk India
you can tell they are reading from a script and still cant get the problem fixed.
Authentication failure they tell you re-install Internet Explorer
Oh and when you have no status light a technician visit is promised,which makes absolutely no sense.
After telling you heap of garbage that wont solve the problem ,they say this call has to end.
But dont hold you breathe is not getting better soon India is all that we goin to get when you call that helpdesk
Its cheaper than paying trini workers, the quality of service is terrible and TSTT is quite aware of this. TSTT saves money and well too bad for the subscribers.
Its really sad but its the reality. :(

#4 User is offline   surfer_dude Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

I totally agree

I had the same problem a while ago.
My account was disabled and I keep telling the indian dude that but he didnt listen.
He made me reset router etc and do this and and then said yes your can has been disabled by mistake.

But mind you I said I did everything he told me to do although I didnt do it since I know the account was disabled.

#5 User is offline   ryansi Icon

• PipPip

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:22 AM

why is it that whenever i ask the indian guy up to what time i can call he says it a 24hr line, but if i call at night i don't get an answer?

#6 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:25 AM

View Postryansi, on Jul 19 2008, 12:22 AM, said:

why is it that whenever i ask the indian guy up to what time i can call he says it a 24hr line, but if i call at night i don't get an answer?

What number do you call,most of the time when I call in the night I does get through.

#7 User is offline   BlueLight Icon

• PipPip

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:58 AM

Ha, three times I called on separate occasions and they didn't even know the basic settings for the router. I figured it out myself. One man actually said "You know, I can't help you again. Call back in a week and talk to another representative." I was shocked. Never me again.

#8 User is offline   RauCous Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:hmmm most of almost anything to do with telecommunication

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

Just tried calling... midday Sunday, i guess they're ALL busy... :s,
I don't enjoy calling blink at all, i do it when i have to but having to wait for that level of customer service is just evil.

It's funny though all these complaints are so familiar, even i knew when my account was deactivated, it took blink to send a tech to realize that, luckily i know not to let it happen again.

Now all I want is the fire wall turned off, hopefully no pointless wrangling will happen, you never know.

Edit: finally called the Wednesday after, it was easier than i thought :P

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users