TSTT Forum: TSTT Dropping Dialup Access - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

TSTT Dropping Dialup Access Is it true or b.s.?

#1 User is offline   CapeMayGrrl Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

Okay,

I called TSTT yesterday to ask, --ahem, *cough* nag -- about Blink coming to my area, bla bla bla and of course i get the same old crap, upgrades are going on in the Sangre Grande area (where? I'd like to know) and that the we need to be upgraded because of the distance from the exchange yada yada yada....

Anyway, I ask again about the dialup packages and their prices and how disgusting I think it is, and then I'm told that the reason dialup packages are staying the same is because TSTT plans to get rid of dialup. But they obviously cannot drop dialup service until the whole nation is upgraded. I tool the CSR at her word, but I am still quite suspicious, afterall this is TSTT we are talking about. Is this more b.s.? Does anyone know of or heard anything about it? I'm a bit skeptical. Although I hope it is true, because than they DO plan to upgrade my area.

#2 User is offline   Alpine Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

in America you can get free dialup

#3 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:39 PM

View PostCapeMayGrrl, on Jul 25 2008, 12:20 PM, said:

Okay,

I called TSTT yesterday to ask, --ahem, *cough* nag -- about Blink coming to my area, bla bla bla and of course i get the same old crap, upgrades are going on in the Sangre Grande area (where? I'd like to know) and that the we need to be upgraded because of the distance from the exchange yada yada yada....

Anyway, I ask again about the dialup packages and their prices and how disgusting I think it is, and then I'm told that the reason dialup packages are staying the same is because TSTT plans to get rid of dialup. But they obviously cannot drop dialup service until the whole nation is upgraded. I tool the CSR at her word, but I am still quite suspicious, afterall this is TSTT we are talking about. Is this more b.s.? Does anyone know of or heard anything about it? I'm a bit skeptical. Although I hope it is true, because than they DO plan to upgrade my area.

Hmmm...they've not gotten rid of dial up even in the States... :unsure:

Greg

#4 User is offline   Steffen Icon

• PipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

At the beginning of the blink roll-out this issue was addressed in a Guardian interview by the VP responsible for Internet services (Trevor Deane?). From what I recall, TSTT will make Blink available for as many customers as possible throughout T&T. If there are still customers who are unable to access the service, the dial-up package will be retained but offered at a drastically reduced cost.

You folks are lucky. I'm still on dial up, but my phone line has been giving trouble since July of LAST YEAR, and TSTT can't spare a technician to replace a defective cable right outside my home. I have to be content with just having a working phone line, so high-speed is a pipe dream for now. :lol:

#5 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

View PostSteffen, on Jul 25 2008, 01:54 PM, said:

If there are still customers who are unable to access the service, the dial-up package will be retained but offered at a drastically reduced cost.

If the lowest blink package currently is averagely $70 and thats unlimited,I wonder what the 'drastically' reduced price for dialup would be :ph34r:

#6 User is offline   Alpine Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

drastically reduced dialup might be $30 for all we know

But nevertheless even if they charge $50 for unlimited dialup that aint bad and dialup is an important thing when yuh DSL fails you can always count on dialup.

Thats the beauty of having DSL with TSTT yuh password can work as dialup to. Thats why Greendot dot can never compare to TSTT.

#7 User is offline   CapeMayGrrl Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

I asked her point blank about the price reduction and she totally avoided the answer, she just went into the TSTT plan to drop the service.... I was thinking that they're not dropping the $$$ because they want the revenue until the whole country is upgraded.

What is more expensive for TSTT, a whole country on ADSL+ or mixed with dialup? Is dialup an expensive service for them to maintain??? After all it all comes down to $$$ and profits....

#8 User is offline   ninja_billy Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

I hope that csr was talking lvl nonsense cause, dialup comes in handy when net f@#king up.

#9 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

View PostCapeMayGrrl, on Jul 25 2008, 07:18 PM, said:

I asked her point blank about the price reduction and she totally avoided the answer, she just went into the TSTT plan to drop the service.... I was thinking that they're not dropping the $$$ because they want the revenue until the whole country is upgraded.

What is more expensive for TSTT, a whole country on ADSL+ or mixed with dialup? Is dialup an expensive service for them to maintain??? After all it all comes down to $$$ and profits....

I guess they could do with the extra revenue to finance blink's expansion or it could go the other way,the dialup revenue will maintain blink,and the current blink revenue go finance expansion,I guess that's why they advertising all over the place for people to sign up.(clearly speculation) :unsure:

#10 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:42 AM

View PostCool3ni, on Jul 25 2008, 08:38 PM, said:

I guess they could do with the extra revenue to finance blink's expansion or it could go the other way,the dialup revenue will maintain blink,and the current blink revenue go finance expansion,I guess that's why they advertising all over the place for people to sign up.(clearly speculation) :unsure:

Steffen:
I'm with you on that: a WORKING phone line is always welcomed but the repairs might take longer if there's a cable problem.

Cool3ni:
You speculate well... ;)

Greg

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users