TSTT Forum: Constant Phone Line Malfunction - TSTT Forum

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Constant Phone Line Malfunction No phone....No ADSL

#1 User is offline   baby_bear Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:07 AM

For the past year my line has been giving problems, it will work for two weeks and then suddenly go down (usually on the weekend) and there will be static or humming and no dial tone and of course TSTT takes months to actually do the repair and if the line is down of course there is no ADSL service. I am really wondering what my options are since I am essentially paying for two services that I am not receiving and BLINK is not cheap. I have contacted TSTT both by phone and e-mail and still no help. When I go to pay the bill and ask them about the repair status, they insist I never made a report. When I call them they say a report is in. In all it is a frustrating experience and I need my ADSL for research for my degree. I wonder if anyone out there can help in any way.

#2 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

View Postbaby_bear, on Jul 31 2008, 08:07 AM, said:

For the past year my line has been giving problems, it will work for two weeks and then suddenly go down (usually on the weekend) and there will be static or humming and no dial tone and of course TSTT takes months to actually do the repair and if the line is down of course there is no ADSL service. I am really wondering what my options are since I am essentially paying for two services that I am not receiving and BLINK is not cheap. I have contacted TSTT both by phone and e-mail and still no help. When I go to pay the bill and ask them about the repair status, they insist I never made a report. When I call them they say a report is in. In all it is a frustrating experience and I need my ADSL for research for my degree. I wonder if anyone out there can help in any way.

Gather all of your correspondence between yourself and TSTT and file a complaint with the TATT.

Greg

#3 User is offline   Steffen Icon

• PipPip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:22 PM

TATT? Man, please. What I have to say about TATT after my 2 experiences with them could fill an entire forum. Suffice to say that they are yet another useless political tool. Save your stamp and envelope - they are completely powerless when it comes to compelling TSTT to step up its service or resolve customer complaints.

I have been having problems with my landline for a year now. Dealing with the CSR department is an exercise in frustration and a lesson in poor work ethic. You want some action? Do what I did. Write a nice detailed letter about your problem and send it directly to the CEO, Mr Roberto Peon. He seems to be the only one in that company that is actually interested in improving the customer service. He'll pass it on to the manager of CS, Charmaine Mark, and she'll do her best to help you.

Mind you, don't expect to get the problem sorted out immediately. But Ms Mark will at least pursue the matter and keep in touch with you. An organization can't function properly unless ALL employees make an effort. TSTT has yet to learn that lesson.

Hope this information is of some use to you.

#4 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:04 AM

View PostSteffen, on Jul 31 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

TATT? Man, please. What I have to say about TATT after my 2 experiences with them could fill an entire forum. Suffice to say that they are yet another useless political tool. Save your stamp and envelope - they are completely powerless when it comes to compelling TSTT to step up its service or resolve customer complaints.

I have been having problems with my landline for a year now. Dealing with the CSR department is an exercise in frustration and a lesson in poor work ethic. You want some action? Do what I did. Write a nice detailed letter about your problem and send it directly to the CEO, Mr Roberto Peon. He seems to be the only one in that company that is actually interested in improving the customer service. He'll pass it on to the manager of CS, Charmaine Mark, and she'll do her best to help you.

Mind you, don't expect to get the problem sorted out immediately. But Ms Mark will at least pursue the matter and keep in touch with you. An organization can't function properly unless ALL employees make an effort. TSTT has yet to learn that lesson.

I can only speak for myself here but when I had line static problems on my own line for close to 3 months with no assistance from TSTT,I forwarded my completed complaints form to the TATT and got a call from the Repair Services Bureau Manager after Mr. Harvey from TATT called TSTT quoting my e-mail trail and seeing for himself the runaround that I was getting.

On the other occassion,my mom complained via the E-service about static on her own line which had her connecting at 12.8K on dial up.It took a few weeks but the problem was dealt with.The technician explained why it took so long and I understood:there was a shortage of staff in South,they were dealing with multiple incidents of cable theft almost immediately after the cables were repaired,work tickets weren't being returned on time,there were multiple incidents of apparent sabotage of equipment and to top it off,the entire length of main cable on the main road's rotted so the problem will return intermittently.We have to wait until the main road line's replaced which I hope that they're doing now to get the area 'Blinked'.

Greg

#5 User is offline   Steffen Icon

• PipPip

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

Wow, that's great man. I'm glad to see that TATT was actually able to help somebody, but they were totally useless with my problem. I even wrote to them about TSTT's onerous practice of keeping customers waiting over a year for their line to be repaired, yet still billing for a handset rental charge and threatening us with "disconnection" (of a line that is inactive) if payment is not made. I have yet to see them take some action on that, and they did not even reply to my letters.

#6 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

View PostSteffen, on Aug 1 2008, 03:47 PM, said:

Wow, that's great man. I'm glad to see that TATT was actually able to help somebody, but they were totally useless with my problem. I even wrote to them about TSTT's onerous practice of keeping customers waiting over a year for their line to be repaired, yet still billing for a handset rental charge and threatening us with "disconnection" (of a line that is inactive) if payment is not made. I have yet to see them take some action on that, and they did not even reply to my letters.

Hmmm...the other extreme is to carry the phone into TSTT and demand that they deactivate your account.I know people who actually did this... :blink:

Greg

#7 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:47 PM

Well, my main ADSL line is not properly working since 7-July-2008. I reported it the next day and it might have been fixed a bit.
The line had intermittently static and therefore my ADSL connections drops very frequently.
Currently the line is dead with some little noise on it. When calling the line I end up immediately on voice mail.

Since I cater for this ... I switched to my second ADSL line ... but that line is also not as stable as I would expect.

Flow is currently my main Internet supplier and seems to be much more stable than Blink.
But certain sites (RBTT netbanking etc) are opening slow or not at all at times via flow.

Looking forward getting my phone line(s) fixed.

BTW, I never got ADSL2+, I am always on ADSL2.

#8 User is offline   baby_bear Icon

• PipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:32 AM

View PostSteffen, on Jul 31 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

Did this really work for you? If so, what is the full address? Should it be mailed or e-mailed? I have been through the exercises in frustration and it is a daily frustration for me. As you can see I was not able to respond to any of your posts in a timely manner as a result of this. I have thought of giving up the phone line but as I said I need ADSL for my degree and later my Masters so that is not a real option for me. Now I have a further problem. The ADSL contract came to an end and and they have put me on the month to month plan (which is more expensive) without even contacting me. I wrote to them, no response and the CSR says they can do nothing on their end (What is with these foreign sounding CSRs and Technicians?)

#9 User is offline   Steffen Icon

• PipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:53 AM

Baby_Bear: I'll send you a PM with the info. Yes it did help, and I'd encourage everyone who is having similar problems to do the same. Also, you should lodge a complaint with the TATT, but don't expect much.

For the record, I didn't send any hostile correspondence to the CEO, although I was sorely tempted. It took me over an hour to compose the letter because I had to keep proofreading to make sure I kept my explanation simple and to the point. I figured since I was asking the guy for help, it wouldn't do any good to get emotional or make petty insults. :rolleyes:

#10 User is offline   Zas Icon

• Pip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

I have been having the exact same problem with regards to the line having alot of static and the net being down almost 95% of the time, for the last 4 months or so. A TSTT guy I know recommended that I rewire so I rewire the line which I did. After rewiring there was still no DSL but the phone came back. Upon further inspection by the guys, they discovered that it was the feeder that was the problem, so they removed the 2 wires going into the feeder and replaced it but only reactivated the phone line and not the dsl, they said it would be fixed in 5 days... This was one month ago. After several complaints and reports we still have no DSL service, everytime we call its a different excuse and quite frankly I am fed up and real tempted to call my uncle who is a reporter for the express.

#11 User is offline   Steffen Icon

• PipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

Zas: if you're going to bother your uncle at the Express, let it be for something worthwhile - ask him to interview Flow as to why they are dragging their A-Double-S on the rollout of their new services across the country. People keep telling me that "South" already has Flow's Internet service. It isn't even available in San Fernando proper, and I have to gently correct them that San Fernando is not representative of the entire of "South" Trinidad. Don't even bother TSTT, as they are immune to bad press. They've had several decades of that, as you well know. :lol: I'd give you the same advice as I gave the other poster: write Mr Peon. Since my frequent correspondence, I've had my phone line repaired and a rep calls frequently to ensure that things are running smoothly. And now I can continue to enjoy the joys of dial-up speeds...

#12 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

View PostSteffen, on Aug 29 2008, 08:42 PM, said:

Zas: if you're going to bother your uncle at the Express, let it be for something worthwhile - ask him to interview Flow as to why they are dragging their A-Double-S on the rollout of their new services across the country. People keep telling me that "South" already has Flow's Internet service. It isn't even available in San Fernando proper, and I have to gently correct them that San Fernando is not representative of the entire of "South" Trinidad. Don't even bother TSTT, as they are immune to bad press. They've had several decades of that, as you well know. :lol: I'd give you the same advice as I gave the other poster: write Mr Peon. Since my frequent correspondence, I've had my phone line repaired and a rep calls frequently to ensure that things are running smoothly. And now I can continue to enjoy the joys of dial-up speeds...

Flow's Internet service is available in selected areas in South Trinidad like Rio Claro,Tarouba and Pleasantville and we have corporate access for our Princes Town and Pt. Fortin offices.I think that their initial focus in South is for corporate customers but they're supposed to be rolling out the service in Princes Town by the end of the year.

Greg

#13 User is offline   riche Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:10 AM

frickin tstt saying chaguanas and charliville covered and blink ready... but nobody in charliville has or can get blink as yet..

i spoke to a representative and he was liek "honestly, doh bother waiting for the service.. it will be a while"

#14 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:07 AM

View Postriche, on Aug 30 2008, 12:10 AM, said:

frickin tstt saying chaguanas and charliville covered and blink ready... but nobody in charliville has or can get blink as yet..

i spoke to a representative and he was liek "honestly, doh bother waiting for the service.. it will be a while"

I looked at the Blink service availability map on their website which says that my area's been 'Blinked' since July but i got the service installed at the beginning of August.

I still say that marketing's not keeping in touch with technical in selling the service in areas where it's actually available.

Greg

#15 User is offline   ryansi Icon

• PipPip

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

My phone line has been out for 9 months now in Retrench village. The neighbours phones work, just one house has problems. Numerous calls to tstt have produced no results, the last reply was no line crew to check the problem 2 months ago, guess san fernando is worse off than i thought if it takes 2 months to drive by a post. Also, i am just about to sign up with Flow, tstt has wasted enough of my time.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users