TSTT Forum: Lime anyone? - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Lime anyone? C & W considers rebranding

#1 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:45 AM

I was on the phone with a Jamaican friend this morning and he told me, through laughter, that C & W are apparently considering rebranding themselves:

http://jamaicaobserv...ING_TO_LIME.asp

Greg

#2 User is offline   guidostjo Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:22 AM

I've been hearing about this as well from the time i came back home. What was interesting though is that the same speculation about America Movil buying out C&W caribbean was all over Jamaica while i was working over there. I guess it really makes sense for them to buy C&W out as it will give them the foothold that they need to compete against Digicel without having to rebuild any networks. They would just need to do any necessary upgrades especially to the mobile networks and without a doubt it will be all 3g as they are the exclusive provider for the iphone 3g in this region.

All of this is specualtion but we just have to wait and see how it plays out. Not sure how much of an effect it will have on us here but the bmobile brand looks like it will be retired by year end. I just find they coulda do better than LIME.

Lime communications anyone..lol. B)

#3 User is offline   guidostjo Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:36 AM

Well its now official. Cable & Wireless is now LIME. The bmobile brand is no more so which begs the question will we see any changes here in T&T?

#4 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

View Postguidostjo, on Nov 3 2008, 09:36 AM, said:

Well its now official. Cable & Wireless is now LIME. The bmobile brand is no more so which begs the question will we see any changes here in T&T?

I don't know as they (C&W) aren't the majority shareholer in TSTT with only 49%.

Greg

#5 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

And it would be wierd too,I mean we already have a promotion name MY LIME,then we would have a network name LIME as well <_<

#6 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:12 PM

View PostCool3ni, on Nov 3 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

And it would be wierd too,I mean we already have a promotion name MY LIME,then we would have a network name LIME as well <_<

That'll tie in nicely to brand rebuilding.

Greg

#7 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:35 PM

Talk about lack of creativity. Things like this, and how people could name their son Tom, really makes me wonder if creativity is a skill to be acquired or inherent in all humans. I hope this "fresh approach from Cable & Wireless" brings forth exceptionally fresh service as well.

#8 User is offline   RauCous Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:hmmm most of almost anything to do with telecommunication

Post icon  Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:05 AM

View Postgreall, on Nov 3 2008, 04:12 PM, said:

That'll tie in nicely to brand rebuilding.

Greg

i thought it was a ripoff of limewire but that bit of a stretch. :lol:

#9 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

View PostLich King, on Nov 3 2008, 05:35 PM, said:

Talk about lack of creativity. Things like this, and how people could name their son Tom, really makes me wonder if creativity is a skill to be acquired or inherent in all humans. I hope this "fresh approach from Cable & Wireless" brings forth exceptionally fresh service as well.

I don't think we here an T&T will see a difference anyway because our country isn't even included in the list on the LIME website.

#10 User is offline   Trini.tk Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:05 AM

No roaming fees throughout the Caribbean on LIME.
Trinidad not on the list.
So the question to ask now is, would it be considered roaming off-network if you go with a TSTT bmobile on the LIME network?

Did you all notice the big gap between SVG and Turks and Caicos on the countries list?
Maybe that space is reserved for T&T...or it could just be nothing.

#11 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

View PostTrini.tk, on Nov 7 2008, 10:05 AM, said:

So the question to ask now is, would it be considered roaming off-network if you go with a TSTT bmobile on the LIME network?

Did you all notice the big gap between SVG and Turks and Caicos on the countries list?
Maybe that space is reserved for T&T...or it could just be nothing.

I'm not sure but I think that CW owns most of those local telecoms outright as opposed to here in TT where they just own 49% of TSTT.

Greg

#12 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:18 PM

View Postgreall, on Nov 7 2008, 12:48 PM, said:

I'm not sure but I think that CW owns most of those local telecoms outright as opposed to here in TT where they just own 49% of TSTT.

Greg
Something like this could be crippling tstt because imagine a situation where C&W doing little or no work yet they collect their dividends at the end of every fiscal period. This kind of thing happens but I sure hope it does not happen to tstt else they could end up in a seriously bad financial situation. However I still think that Lime should include us in their roaming partnership because they are collecting money from TSTT so why are they treating TSTT like a bastard child now.

#13 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

View PostLich King, on Nov 7 2008, 01:18 PM, said:

Something like this could be crippling tstt because imagine a situation where C&W doing little or no work yet they collect their dividends at the end of every fiscal period. This kind of thing happens but I sure hope it does not happen to tstt else they could end up in a seriously bad financial situation. However I still think that Lime should include us in their roaming partnership because they are collecting money from TSTT so why are they treating TSTT like a bastard child now.

I can't explain that but it all goes to the working partnership agreement between GORTT and CW.

Greg

#14 User is offline   PikachuMan Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:08 AM

View PostTrini.tk, on Nov 7 2008, 11:05 AM, said:

The roaming thing includes Trinidad, as far as I checked. This was announced a few weeks before LIME, but I'm not sure if anything has changed since then.

http://www.candw.gd/...ile/HRR/HRR.asp

Q: Where will Intra-Caribbean Home Rate Roaming apply?

A: As the name implies Intra-Caribbean Home Rate Roaming will apply ONLY when roaming in C&W Caribbean markets and only for Cable & Wireless customers of these markets. The locations where this applies are:

Anguilla
Antigua & Barbuda
Barbados
British Virgin Islands (BVI)
Cayman Islands
Dominica
Grenada
Jamaica
Montserratt
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Lucia
St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Trinidad & Tobago
Turks & Caicos

As a customer of C&W gnd, I have to say I don't like the new LIME branding at all. They broke a full-functional, well designed (if simple) website and put in its place a glitzy, all-frills no substance replacement. You can't even get blank application forms to download on the new site, and lots of other links are missing. It's more sluggish and onto of that, looks ugly as sin imo.

You can compare them yourself. The new time4lime.com website, against what used to be candw.gd (still accessible if you don't go to the main page, so http://www.candw.gd/...tions/index.asp should work).

As far as a "new attitude", I have to wonder what kind of impression "lime" will give. The C&W office here was at the least held the impression of professionalism. I never had a problem with them wrt level of service or changing packages, and anything else I needed could be done within half an hour at the most. I've heard the horror stories, but for whatever reason the Grenada office seems to be immune from them.

Plus, here look at this:
http://www.time4lime...e/img/img10.jpg
That's what they put on the "small business" site. I personally am insulted.

The only good thing is their "pledge to the consumer". The motivation is great, and I love the idea of a unified Caribbean entity, but they really blew it with the LIME rebranding.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users