TSTT Forum: How to get a phone line !!! - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

How to get a phone line !!!

#1 User is offline   Warchief Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:10 AM

I've applied for a phone line since 2003, and its been a long long LONG time and i'm wondering if this basic facility is only for who ever tstt feel wants or needs it and i dont fall into that bracket. I live on the torrib tabaquite road, new grant near princes town and Recently tstt has been doing a upgrade to the lines in the area but like they stick and all hopes just gone clear. Anybody know who i have to bribe or do a "favor" for to get a phone line so i can progress with the rest of the contry with blink broadbandand high speed internet. If flow only reach in the area first i will be one of the people up on the pole helping them running the cable for free !!!
Somebody Help me please !!!

#2 User is offline   Steffen Icon

• PipPip

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:17 PM

The exchange at Princes Town has been maxed out for the last 2 years, so no new applications for telephone lines can be facilitated.

That being said, if you really want action, do what I did when my phone line went down for almost a YEAR before repairs were carried out. Write a letter to the CEO, Mr Roberto Peon.

#3 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:50 AM

View PostSteffen, on Nov 15 2008, 09:17 PM, said:

The exchange at Princes Town has been maxed out for the last 2 years, so no new applications for telephone lines can be facilitated.

That being said, if you really want action, do what I did when my phone line went down for almost a YEAR before repairs were carried out. Write a letter to the CEO, Mr Roberto Peon.

There's some truth to that but as they upgrade,you should be able to get a new line installed off your local OPM/OPAC which should be 656-2XXX if you're on Torrib Tabaquite Road.

They're working painfully slow in running the new lines but I think that that's a labour issue more or less as I understand that some of the contractors have been threatened... :blink:

Greg

#4 User is offline   Steffen Icon

• PipPip

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

As Greg said, you "should" be able to get a line, but the fact is that you won't, at least not through normal channels. Write the CEO.

#5 User is offline   Warchief Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

View Postgreall, on Nov 16 2008, 07:50 AM, said:

There's some truth to that but as they upgrade,you should be able to get a new line installed off your local OPM/OPAC which should be 656-2XXX if you're on Torrib Tabaquite Road.

They're working painfully slow in running the new lines but I think that that's a labour issue more or less as I understand that some of the contractors have been threatened... :blink:

Greg

Threated by who ?
Not the happy residents who need phone :huh:

#6 User is offline   Warchief Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

View PostSteffen, on Nov 16 2008, 05:23 PM, said:

As Greg said, you "should" be able to get a line, but the fact is that you won't, at least not through normal channels. Write the CEO.

Ok anyone know what his email is ? :rolleyes:

#7 User is offline   Steffen Icon

• PipPip

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

View PostWarchief, on Nov 17 2008, 06:17 PM, said:

Ok anyone know what his email is ? :rolleyes:

If I did you'd have it already. However, in Trinidad we have yet to learn about proper etiquette when it comes to business correspondence, so many people tend to ignore emails of such nature as not "valid." I've had cause to chide senior managers in TSTT for similar infractions. You'd be better of writing a formal complaint. But again, that's just my humble suggestion. I hope you get through, any which way you decide to proceed.

#8 User is offline   Warchief Icon

• Pip

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

View Postgreall, on Nov 16 2008, 07:50 AM, said:

Greg

Wow how do you know that ?
Who can i talk to for more info

#9 User is offline   Warchief Icon

• Pip

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:06 AM

View PostSteffen, on Nov 15 2008, 09:17 PM, said:

I've been doing some research and Lisa Agard (Executive Vice President - Fixed Line & Carrier Services and Vice President Legal) looks like the person i should be contacting first...... what do you think ?

#10 User is offline   Steffen Icon

• PipPip

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:42 AM

View PostWarchief, on Nov 19 2008, 12:06 AM, said:

I've been doing some research and Lisa Agard (Executive Vice President - Fixed Line & Carrier Services and Vice President Legal) looks like the person i should be contacting first...... what do you think ?

No. Lisa Agard is TSTT's chief Spin Doctor, nothing more. Don't let the job title fool you. Writing her is a waste of good ink. I'm telling you, I went through this entire routine when my phone line went down in mid-2007 and it took me a year to get the line repaired. Let me repeat that: a frickin YEAR of writing everyone short of the tea-lady in TSTT who I am sure would have also ignored my letter as she probably gets paid more than I do.

Write to ANY of the locals in TSTT and they seem incapable of replying in writing, much less addressing your problem. I did not get action until I wrote a very polite but firmly worded letter directly to Mr Peon requesting assistance. I'd still tell you and anyone else having similar problems to do the same.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users