• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blackberry for Prepaid

#1 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

I am sure by now most of you may have heard that TSTT has Blackberry for Prepaid, however I have not really seen any detailed information about it. The only thing I found on bmobile's website was this poster, which isn't very informative. I was hoping people could discuss it here and provide more information especially about prices, features, terms of use, etc. I am glad TSTT finally decided to facilitate blackberry for prepaid, the only problem now is for them to provide consistently good service. Even if the internet service kinda sucks in the beginning, I think people would still buy the phone anyway because I for one would not mind having a blackberry even if I never use the internet since it has so many other functions.

#2 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:53 PM

View PostLich King, on Dec 20 2008, 04:37 PM, said:

I am sure by now most of you may have heard that TSTT has Blackberry for Prepaid, however I have not really seen any detailed information about it. The only thing I found on bmobile's website was this poster, which isn't very informative. I was hoping people could discuss it here and provide more information especially about prices, features, terms of use, etc. I am glad TSTT finally decided to facilitate blackberry for prepaid, the only problem now is for them to provide consistently good service. Even if the internet service kinda sucks in the beginning, I think people would still buy the phone anyway because I for one would not mind having a blackberry even if I never use the internet since it has so many other functions.

I think that you have to go into a bmobile flagship store to get any further information on that offer but Digicel had an ad in the paper giving daily,weekly and monthly rates ex the voice charges on their prepaid BB service.

Greg

#3 User is offline   zion high Icon

• PipPip

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

View Postgreall, on Dec 20 2008, 06:53 PM, said:

I think that you have to go into a bmobile flagship store to get any further information on that offer but Digicel had an ad in the paper giving daily,weekly and monthly rates ex the voice charges on their prepaid BB service.

Greg

All customers must be 18yrs and over 1 form of ID
blackberry handset and prepaid sim

New subscriber must top up acc to $100.00
Existing prepaid sub must have a minimum of $59.00 for weekly service fee

service fee give you unlimited access to the internet

every sunday the service fee is deducted
if you dont have sufficient funds the service is suspended until u top up an sms is sent to notify u of suspension

am currently using it and its working fine no probs yet we know TSTT has a bad rep soo lets just wait and see

#4 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

View Postzion high, on Dec 20 2008, 07:56 PM, said:

All customers must be 18yrs and over 1 form of ID
blackberry handset and prepaid sim

New subscriber must top up acc to $100.00
Existing prepaid sub must have a minimum of $59.00 for weekly service fee

service fee give you unlimited access to the internet

every sunday the service fee is deducted
if you dont have sufficient funds the service is suspended until u top up an sms is sent to notify u of suspension

am currently using it and its working fine no probs yet we know TSTT has a bad rep soo lets just wait and see
Hmm so that confuses me because I thought it would be pay as you use, like per MB, so this deal not sounding good any more. :(
Are you bound by any contract? Can you take out that sim and put in a regular one to continue using the phone service?

#5 User is offline   zion high Icon

• PipPip

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:34 PM

View PostLich King, on Dec 20 2008, 09:07 PM, said:

Hmm so that confuses me because I thought it would be pay as you use, like per MB, so this deal not sounding good any more. :(
Are you bound by any contract? Can you take out that sim and put in a regular one to continue using the phone service?

its unlimited ,no contract ,the phone service is not affected

#6 User is offline   Trini.tk Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

Just realised bmobile's service costs more than Digi...you got to have $59 on your phone for bmobile which works out to $67.85.
Digi is $65/week.

How does that Sunday thing work though?
Is it that you can only start the service on a Sunday?

#7 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

View PostTrini.tk, on Mar 28 2009, 04:24 PM, said:

Just realised bmobile's service costs more than Digi...you got to have $59 on your phone for bmobile which works out to $67.85.
Digi is $65/week.

How does that Sunday thing work though?
Is it that you can only start the service on a Sunday?

The billing system checks your account at midnight on Sunday each week to ensure that you have sufficient funds on your account to continue accessing the service and you can use the service for as long as you have enough funds in your account.

Greg

#8 User is offline   mimi007 Icon

• Pip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

The BIS works really good, although they didn't ask me for any ID when Isigned up, they just asked for the account holders name and address.
However, I think I will switch to postpaid basic and just pay the $99 fee at the end of the month for BIs because that $59.00 p/week is not cuttin it

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users