TSTT Forum: TSTT's Cable TV Service - TSTT Forum

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSTT's Cable TV Service Pilot Testing Begins this Week

#1 User is offline   philip Icon

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 95
  • Joined: 26-July 06

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

I saw technicians running fibre near WestMall and asked them what was going on?? ...... they said TSTT starts pilot testing of their Cable TV over fibre this week.

The homes that are part of the pilot are in the area near West Mall, specifically the 3 apartments The Towers, La Fontaine, La Riviera.

Hook ups are being made this week and the pilot goes live immediately.
0

#2 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

View Postphilip, on Jan 2 2009, 07:59 PM, said:

I saw technicians running fibre near WestMall and asked them what was going on?? ...... they said TSTT starts pilot testing of their Cable TV over fibre this week.

The homes that are part of the pilot are in the area near West Mall, specifically the 3 apartments The Towers, La Fontaine, La Riviera.

Hook ups are being made this week and the pilot goes live immediately.


Right now,I could care less for TSTT and their services but if they could get that running properly then kudos to them.. :unsure: .

Greg
0

#3 User is offline   PikachuMan Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 170
  • Joined: 20-July 07
  • Location:San'do

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

Would love to heart more about this. If someone could find out what type of box they are using =|
0

#4 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 561
  • Joined: 04-October 06
  • Location:Third planet from the sun
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

View Postgreall, on Jan 2 2009, 08:06 PM, said:

Right now,I could care less for TSTT and their services but if they could get that running properly then kudos to them.. :unsure: .

Greg

As with all things look where they running pilot testing up north,why not central or south. <_<
0

#5 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:19 AM

View PostCool3ni, on Jan 3 2009, 12:04 AM, said:

As with all things look where they running pilot testing up north,why not central or south. <_<


Markets surveys and perception may lead to them testing the services there first due to the insinuated wealth levels.

Greg
0

#6 User is offline   darchrnep Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15
  • Joined: 18-April 08

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

View Postgreall, on Jan 3 2009, 06:19 AM, said:

Markets surveys and perception may lead to them testing the services there first due to the insinuated wealth levels.

Greg


That is not entirely true or not true at all.......
0

#7 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

View Postdarchrnep, on Jan 14 2009, 01:34 PM, said:

That is not entirely true or not true at all.......


Which areas have an uninterrupted supply of all utilities and few or no potholes?

Greg
0

#8 User is offline   darchrnep Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15
  • Joined: 18-April 08

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

View Postgreall, on Jan 15 2009, 12:06 AM, said:

Which areas have an uninterrupted supply of all utilities and few or no potholes?

Greg

OOPS i forgot.....
"wealth levels has to do with potholes"
0

#9 User is offline   jevolution Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 362
  • Joined: 11-September 05

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

you forget is trinidad we living or what...ofcourse wealth levels has to do with potholes....i agree totally with Greg. However, im sure that we can be big ppl here and appreciate that we are allowed to have varying opinions :)
0

#10 User is offline   Lich King Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 19-May 06

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

View Postjevolution, on Jan 31 2009, 02:10 PM, said:

you forget is trinidad we living or what...ofcourse wealth levels has to do with potholes....i agree totally with Greg. However, im sure that we can be big ppl here and appreciate that we are allowed to have varying opinions :)
Is it ok to have 2 opinions? :lol: I mean I agree with Greg but I also think that north west Trinidad is the point of origin for many of these services which makes it easier to test them. I really not sure which one is the truth. I mean I know if I had intentions of selling cable tv from a dish in my yard I will test it on the neighbours closest to me first because they closest. This is the logical thing to do but based on living in this country for so many years I know things here hardly occur based on logically good reasons, which is why I still agree with Greg.
0

#11 User is offline   Philosophical45 Icon

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 60
  • Joined: 11-December 06

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

glad to see that they're testing. I just wanna know when they will finish the testing, start the releasing, start the re-packaging, do the re-pricing so i can start smiling...


dude... before every comma the word ends with "ing" :o .....lol
0

#12 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:58 PM

I just got a taste of it at a friend's at Arawak Towers:no delayed audio and video like Flow and crystal clear picture and hi-def sound.

Greg
0

#13 User is offline   jevolution Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 362
  • Joined: 11-September 05

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

View PostLich King, on Jan 31 2009, 11:05 PM, said:

Is it ok to have 2 opinions? :lol: I mean I agree with Greg but I also think that north west Trinidad is the point of origin for many of these services which makes it easier to test them. I really not sure which one is the truth. I mean I know if I had intentions of selling cable tv from a dish in my yard I will test it on the neighbours closest to me first because they closest. This is the logical thing to do but based on living in this country for so many years I know things here hardly occur based on logically good reasons, which is why I still agree with Greg.


ofcourse you can have two opinions :)

i agree with you also btw :blink: lol
0

#14 User is offline   unimatrix001 Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 115
  • Joined: 14-October 06

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

very interesting.i want to see what happens to them in these economic times tho
0

#15 User is offline   Haydn Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 27-August 07

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

IPTV is the next future of Television however this technology has been restricted by low broadband penetration and by the relatively high cost of installing wiring capable of transporting IPTV content reliably in the customer's home so lets hope TSTT is efficient in meeting its IPTV standards ....

While all major western countries and most developed economies have IPTV deployments, the world's leading markets for IPTV for now are France South Korea Japan, Italy, Spain, Belgium, China, Switzerland and Portugal. Slovenia, Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Scandinavia and UK

View the Video
How IPTV works
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users