TSTT Forum: Youtube problems/other streaming problems - TSTT Forum

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Youtube problems/other streaming problems bandwith problems on youtube and other vidfeo streaming websights

#31 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

View Postgreall, on Feb 19 2009, 03:22 PM, said:

Right now,I download at 7-8K on a 512K connection and that's after download speeds of close to 80K while the Blink tech was at my home at Moruga restoring my service on 1/13/09. It was as fast as 80K on downloads when I just got the service in 8/08 but it's gotten progressively worse so I just leave my 31.4MB movie to download in about 13-19 hours which would be the time to get all of my daily errands done and get back home.

It's worst at work at Princes Town during 'peak hours' which I anticipated as we call it 'Molasses 2.0' and 'Cataract 2.1' because it's not "that's fast".

I used to think that it was a bandwidth issue at the Princes Town exchange as they're running new fibres right in front of my office and all over Princes Town but I'm online now at our Sangre Grande branch and it's even slower than Princes Town if that's even possible... :blink:

Greg

Dam that makes my 256k sound alright for a second. Youtube buffers probably once every minute for me an sometimes it doesn't buffer at all for some vids I guess part of the problem is the amount of users in the exchange.

#32 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

View PostCool3ni, on Feb 19 2009, 04:03 PM, said:

Dam that makes my 256k sound alright for a second. Youtube buffers probably once every minute for me an sometimes it doesn't buffer at all for some vids I guess part of the problem is the amount of users in the exchange.

Hmmm...Princes Town could be a problem if the present fibre link from Thompson (the San Fernando exchange) is overloaded with Princes Town serving a large area from Ecclesville to Mayo to Barrackpore to Tableland to Moruga to Rio Claro... :unsure:

Greg

#33 User is offline   zuke Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

Blink too slack..first thing they need to do is fix there gaping security holes, it have ppl out there abusing the system paying for 256k and using higher bandwidth passwords, but it seems they like it that way because they not fixing the problem, makes me feel to stop paying for 10mb and start stealing because its getting so out of hand that during peak hours my net drastically slows down, i hope blink reads this and start sending out there modems with wan access control disabled and get rid of the default passwords. Way to easy to a lame script kiddys to "hack" passwords with a port scanner

#34 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:23 AM

View Postzuke, on Feb 20 2009, 12:21 AM, said:

Blink too slack..first thing they need to do is fix there gaping security holes, it have ppl out there abusing the system paying for 256k and using higher bandwidth passwords, but it seems they like it that way because they not fixing the problem, makes me feel to stop paying for 10mb and start stealing because its getting so out of hand that during peak hours my net drastically slows down, i hope blink reads this and start sending out there modems with wan access control disabled and get rid of the default passwords. Way to easy to a lame script kiddys to "hack" passwords with a port scanner
Zhone just as dumb, I told them about this problem long days and they sticking to their story that I should contact TSTT. Mind you this was since the 6211-I2 before they changed to blink. When they changed to blink and Zhone started shipping their modems with custom firmware I thought they would have fixed the problem but nothing. This flaw is also in India, I spoke to my padner who lives in India and for the sake of experimentation I asked him for his ISP ip range and the same security flaw existed. Only difference is in India most people too poor to afford more than 256K anyway so nobody really gains anything from exploiting that flaw. People rich in Trinidad though, here is the only place new cars selling like hot bread during a recession.

#35 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:17 AM

This morning it was the straw that broke the camel's back at Moruga :'Request timed out' when pinging 'tstt.co.tt',no access to Gmail or Hotmail or MSN and most other sites and general slow speeds.Everything was working last night when I went to bed and left two movie clips to download.

I didn't check to see if it was the same way on dial up but all seems to be working fine here for now at Princes Town.I expect it to get slower when more of co-workers come in.

If I'd known that this was so much trouble when I'd have honestly remained with dial up because this is getting over-ridiculous.

Greg

#36 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

View Postgreall, on Feb 20 2009, 07:17 AM, said:

This morning it was the straw that broke the camel's back at Moruga :'Request timed out' when pinging 'tstt.co.tt',no access to Gmail or Hotmail or MSN and most other sites and general slow speeds.Everything was working last night when I went to bed and left two movie clips to download.

I didn't check to see if it was the same way on dial up but all seems to be working fine here for now at Princes Town.I expect it to get slower when more of co-workers come in.

If I'd known that this was so much trouble when I'd have honestly remained with dial up because this is getting over-ridiculous.

Greg

Update:I called Blink Tech Support and just had to reboot the modem after resetting the encapsulation method and all seems to be working well now on the desktop at download speeds ranging from 60K-65K for now.... ;)

Greg

#37 User is offline   Trini.tk Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

Youtube still sticking by me.
When I use my friend's flow connection it works fine...no buffering.
TSTT needs to be shut down or something.

#38 User is offline   Philosophical45 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

my only question or possible solution to my youtube woes is "When is FLOW coming to Tobago?".

#39 User is offline   unimatrix001 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

I too am receiving this substandard service and I am fedup of TSTT's stupidness. I am carrying this to the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad & Tobago. However I must first submit a letter of complaint to TSTT. I have one written and I am waiting for a technician to visit my house as tech support indicated this was necessary. When they come (or probably don't) I will complete writing the letter with all details enclosed (and if they don't visit, I would just include this as a complaint) and wait a week, after which I will submit a complaint to TATT.

Those who wish to band together and complain en mass please feel free to PM me to get more info as i believe that the more people complain, the better the result

#40 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:10 PM

View PostPhilosophical45, on Feb 24 2009, 11:43 AM, said:

my only question or possible solution to my youtube woes is "When is FLOW coming to Tobago?".

That doesn't look like anytime soon,man and basing that assumption as only pocket areas of Trinidad are covered by their service... :blink:

Greg

#41 User is offline   Alpine Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

Anyone knows when FLOW is reaching Piarco?

I am ready to give up TSTT totally. I am fedup and I demand a new ISP.

#42 User is offline   ninja_billy Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

they have to acquire the cable company in tobago first, its not the same company remember.

#43 User is offline   Alpine Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

My padner has a 10MB and getting 260k.

Amazing if you ask me.

#44 User is offline   joshua Icon

• Pip

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

Similar problems mentioned in another thread and which I already replied too.

In Cunupia/Warrenville area and paying for a 1MB. Downloading at 15.9 KB/s this evening... Most times the connectiondrops and I have to reboot the modem to start back again. Very frustrating I must say.

#45 User is offline   ZulAman Icon

• Pip

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

well the same problems exist now its just gotten worse. i am unable to download from any website at a greater speed than 30-40kbps and i'm paying 700 + tax a month for this shit.
i have requested flows 15mb internet and they came to install it on Friday the 20th and its not working. its getting a downstream signal but refuses to hold onto a upstream signal.. a technician is scheduled to come on Monday the 2nd Feb...

i guess im destined to have s#itty internet service...i don't know what else to do
/wrists

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users