TSTT Forum: landlines & mobiles giving trouble - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

landlines & mobiles giving trouble

#1 User is offline   jpf Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:23 AM

might be a bit late with this but did anyone experience dead phone lines sometime this week as well as on the morning of Friday 23rd Jan., particularly in the San Juan or surrounding areas? at work we have about 7 lines and a few times the past few days they all went dead-the first time on the 23rd- but even mobile phones couldnt call out to land lines outside- digicel to bmobile neither- did tstt have some kind of problem this week?

#2 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:34 AM

View Postjpf, on Feb 2 2009, 02:23 AM, said:

might be a bit late with this but did anyone experience dead phone lines sometime this week as well as on the morning of Friday 23rd Jan., particularly in the San Juan or surrounding areas? at work we have about 7 lines and a few times the past few days they all went dead-the first time on the 23rd- but even mobile phones couldnt call out to land lines outside- digicel to bmobile neither- did tstt have some kind of problem this week?
Similar experience in areas of Couva. TSTT people passed around later in the week asking everyone if their phones were working. They said that the area would be switched over to new cables by the end of March I think. The new cables I assume will be be from the new white cabinets they installed which are supposedly fed by fibre optic cables from the exchange.
I don't know if this is related to your line issues though, have you noticed any new white TSTT cabinets being installed in your area?

#3 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

View PostLich King, on Feb 2 2009, 02:34 AM, said:

Similar experience in areas of Couva. TSTT people passed around later in the week asking everyone if their phones were working. They said that the area would be switched over to new cables by the end of March I think. The new cables I assume will be be from the new white cabinets they installed which are supposedly fed by fibre optic cables from the exchange.
I don't know if this is related to your line issues though, have you noticed any new white TSTT cabinets being installed in your area?

The January 23rd issue was as a result of faulty software used for voice call routing.I think that it ws recitfied later on the same day or over the same weekend.

If they're converting your area by use of the new cables then your area's about to be 'digitized'.

Greg

#4 User is offline   BLINK Icon

• PipPip

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:44 PM

View Postjpf, on 02 February 2009 - 02:23 AM, said:

Hi JPF

There was a prolonged power outage on the 28th and 29th in the San Juan area which affected service (land line, internet and mobile ) in that area"

TSTT

#5 User is offline   jpf Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

anyone had issues with landlines yesterday? heard that TSTT had a nationwide issue- at our San Juan office we couldn't receive faxes from our divisions in South- also they couldn't hear us on the phone but we heard them

#6 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

View Postjpf, on 01 December 2010 - 10:52 AM, said:

anyone had issues with landlines yesterday? heard that TSTT had a nationwide issue- at our San Juan office we couldn't receive faxes from our divisions in South- also they couldn't hear us on the phone but we heard them

There's a problem at the TSTT exchange at San Fernando that's affecting calls handled there which interprets as the slight chance uncompleted calls to numbers within the Southern core and outside of the Southern core.

In smaller words,if you're located in San Fernando and calling within the local area or calling to San Fernando from POS then your call may be affected and it's apparently across at the interconnect switch so calls from Digicel to Bmobile and vice versa may be affected.

I think that Internet services may also be affected but I'm not sure.Our VOIP phones have been patchy since last week here at work but the good old fax line works... :)

Greg

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users