TSTT Forum: GDTV - TSTT Forum

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GDTV Greendott's feasibility service for their CATV

#1 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:09 AM

Hmmm...the survey's located here with regards to Greendott's intended foray into wireless CATV service:

http://www.gd.tt/dtv...survey_form.php

Greg
0

#2 User is offline   Alpine Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 14-January 08

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

Sweet. Competition on its way yeaaaaaaa
0

#3 User is offline   PikachuMan Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 170
  • Joined: 20-July 07
  • Location:San'do

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

View Postgreall, on Feb 20 2009, 08:09 AM, said:

Hmmm...the survey's located here with regards to Greendott's intended foray into wireless CATV service:

http://www.gd.tt/dtv...survey_form.php

Greg


Good find my man. There's a chance to win a year of service, too.
0

#4 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:05 AM

View PostPikachuMan, on Feb 20 2009, 09:43 PM, said:

Good find my man. There's a chance to win a year of service, too.


We'll just have to wait to see how that pans out.

Greg
0

#5 User is offline   Lich King Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 19-May 06

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

Flow set the bar so low it kinda hard not to beat them. All the years Flow stealing signals for FREE and reselling it and still they refuse to roll out the digital network at a better pace. I hope Greendot decides to provide a unique service by allowing you to customise and pay a feasible rate per channel instead of bundling you with rubbish like ARTS and GOLF and charging you a high monthly price like 210 for channels you would not even touch with a stick.
What would also be superb is if Greendot could provide the option for 1080p HDTV resolutions on all the movie channels so you could pick which channels you want to get at 1080p and just pay the extra for the ones you want.
0

#6 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:06 AM

View PostLich King, on Feb 25 2009, 09:48 PM, said:

Flow set the bar so low it kinda hard not to beat them. All the years Flow stealing signals for FREE and reselling it and still they refuse to roll out the digital network at a better pace. I hope Greendot decides to provide a unique service by allowing you to customise and pay a feasible rate per channel instead of bundling you with rubbish like ARTS and GOLF and charging you a high monthly price like 210 for channels you would not even touch with a stick.
What would also be superb is if Greendot could provide the option for 1080p HDTV resolutions on all the movie channels so you could pick which channels you want to get at 1080p and just pay the extra for the ones you want.


:lol: @ the first paragraph

We know the GD policy's to not disclose the service package price and I'm hoping that this would change with this service.

Greg
0

#7 User is offline   Nizzi Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 22-March 08
  • Location:Claxton Bay

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:16 AM

Got this email from Green Dot yesterday:

Dear Customer

We are inviting you to participate in our fantastic Limited Time Offer where you pay only $100 + VAT per month for our Digital TV Service.

Do you want to save even MORE money? Just pay for 6 months of service in advance at the rate of $100 + VAT per month and get the next six months of the year FREE.

With Green Dotís new Digital TV Service, you will receive 40 channels which includes channels such as CNC3, TV6, CNMG, Gayelle, WinTV, TBN, The Islamic Network, Zee TV, MSNBC, Comedy Central, ABC, USA, Universal, TNT, Cartoon Network, Lifetime Movies, Discovery and more. Please see attached to this email the channel listing.

Please tell your friends and family and call TODAY before the offer ends!

Please call 628 TVGD (8843) or email feedback to tvsales@gd.tt. Thank you once again for supporting Green Dot Limited.

Regards,
Green Dot Limited
61 Mucurapo Road
St James
Trinidad
West Indies

T: +1 868 628 TVGD (8843)
F: +1 868 628 5197
E: tvsales@gd.tt
W: www.gd.tt

Digital TV Channel Listing
40 Channels

Local Variety Kids
ACTS ABC Cartoon Network
CNC3 CBS Discovery Kids
CNMG Comedy Central Disney
Gayelle CW11
Islamic Network FOX
Synergy NBC
TBN USA
TV6 Zee TV
WIN TV Tru TV
Tempo
IBN

Movies Educational Other
Encore Animal Planet CNN
Lifetime Movies Discovery ESPN
Lifetime Network National Geographic ESPN 2
TNT Fox Soccer Channel
Universal Discover Travel and Living
Zee Movies MSNBC
Space FOOD
0

#8 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 561
  • Joined: 04-October 06
  • Location:Third planet from the sun
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:21 AM

Starz and Showtime are now added to the lineup.Seems they gave you your request greall,they have the package prices on their site now as well as faqs.
http://www.tv.tt
0

#9 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

View PostNizzi, on Jul 31 2009, 07:16 AM, said:

Got this email from Green Dot yesterday:

Dear Customer

We are inviting you to participate in our fantastic Limited Time Offer where you pay only $100 + VAT per month for our Digital TV Service.

Do you want to save even MORE money? Just pay for 6 months of service in advance at the rate of $100 + VAT per month and get the next six months of the year FREE.

With Green Dotís new Digital TV Service, you will receive 40 channels which includes channels such as CNC3, TV6, CNMG, Gayelle, WinTV, TBN, The Islamic Network, Zee TV, MSNBC, Comedy Central, ABC, USA, Universal, TNT, Cartoon Network, Lifetime Movies, Discovery and more. Please see attached to this email the channel listing.

Please tell your friends and family and call TODAY before the offer ends!

Please call 628 TVGD (8843) or email feedback to tvsales@gd.tt. Thank you once again for supporting Green Dot Limited.

Regards,
Green Dot Limited
61 Mucurapo Road
St James
Trinidad
West Indies

T: +1 868 628 TVGD (8843)
F: +1 868 628 5197
E: tvsales@gd.tt
W: www.gd.tt

Digital TV Channel Listing
40 Channels

Local Variety Kids
ACTS ABC Cartoon Network
CNC3 CBS Discovery Kids
CNMG Comedy Central Disney
Gayelle CW11
Islamic Network FOX
Synergy NBC
TBN USA
TV6 Zee TV
WIN TV Tru TV
Tempo
IBN

Movies Educational Other
Encore Animal Planet CNN
Lifetime Movies Discovery ESPN
Lifetime Network National Geographic ESPN 2
TNT Fox Soccer Channel
Universal Discover Travel and Living
Zee Movies MSNBC
Space FOOD


I noted that but their services still aren't available in Moruga yet... :rolleyes:

Greg
0

#10 User is offline   Lich King Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 19-May 06

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

View PostCool3ni, on Aug 27 2009, 10:21 AM, said:

Starz and Showtime are now added to the lineup.Seems they gave you your request greall,they have the package prices on their site now as well as faqs.
http://www.tv.tt
So you saying that Greendot has posted prices online for people to see? :o I am shocked! The dawn of the planetary alignment must be near for them to have performed such an amazing feat. :lol:

Anyway jokes aside, how is the quality of the broadcast? How does it show on a HDTV? And what about the sound quality?
0

#11 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 561
  • Joined: 04-October 06
  • Location:Third planet from the sun
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:53 PM

View PostLich King, on Aug 27 2009, 02:57 PM, said:

So you saying that Greendot has posted prices online for people to see? :o I am shocked! The dawn of the planetary alignment must be near for them to have performed such an amazing feat. :lol:

Anyway jokes aside, how is the quality of the broadcast? How does it show on a HDTV? And what about the sound quality?

ahahah :lol:
I may get the service so I'll let you know how it is if I do,but I do hope their vision is not short sighted in that they will leave their channel lineup like that how it currently is,hope they have plans to add more channels to their lineup. :unsure:
0

#12 User is offline   Nizzi Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 22-March 08
  • Location:Claxton Bay

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

Just got this email from Green Dot today:

Dear Customer,

STARZ and SHOWTIME is back. Now available Ė limited time promotional offer. Take advantage of the special promotion for TT$100 per month or pay for 6 months and get 6 months free on the Digital TV service. 42 channels are included in the offer including Starz, Showtime, Zee Movies, Universal, Space, ESPN, Fox Soccer and many more.

This offer ends September 14th, 2009 or while stocks last.

Take advantage of this great offer by visiting our website today at www.tv.tt to sign up now or call 628 TVGD (628 8843).

Regards

Green Dot TV Sales
0

#13 User is offline   Lich King Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 19-May 06

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:12 AM

Does anyone have any feedback about GDTV as yet? I would like to try it out but given my past experience with them I rather hear some reviews about the quality of service before I sink myself into another useless financial burden.
0

#14 User is offline   Skylined Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 150
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Penal, Trinidad
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:08 PM

View PostLich King, on Sep 14 2009, 09:12 AM, said:

Does anyone have any feedback about GDTV as yet? I would like to try it out but given my past experience with them I rather hear some reviews about the quality of service before I sink myself into another useless financial burden.


I agree Lich King, I too in the past paid way too much for GreenDot's service, this is why I still have their canopy lite on my neighbors roof (next to theirs becaue from my roof has no LOS).

And I only watch, Comedy Central, Food Network, Discovery Channel and National Geographic (oh don;t forget G4).

For TT100, it would be good!
0

#15 User is offline   Lich King Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 19-May 06

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:39 AM

View PostSkylined, on Sep 15 2009, 12:08 PM, said:

I agree Lich King, I too in the past paid way too much for GreenDot's service, this is why I still have their canopy lite on my neighbors roof (next to theirs becaue from my roof has no LOS).

And I only watch, Comedy Central, Food Network, Discovery Channel and National Geographic (oh don;t forget G4).

For TT100, it would be good!
I called them and there is an installation fee of about $500. LOL It's 5 something but I don't remember the exact figure. Suckers like them! Directv offering free installation. If I have to pay them any installation fee them have to come demo that on the hdtv first, I want to see if showing good and this time I shall make them sign my own contract that if they refuse to hold up their end of the deal by providing good service they will face the law. I fed up with all these companies in Trinidad who include lying, deceiving, and cheating as part of their corporate portfolio. The day it push somebody over the edge eh, I don't even want to say what I might do lest it be held against me in a court of law.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users