GDTV Greendott's feasibility service for their CATV

#16 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:52 AM

View PostLich King, on Sep 17 2009, 06:39 AM, said:

I called them and there is an installation fee of about $500. LOL It's 5 something but I don't remember the exact figure. Suckers like them! Directv offering free installation. If I have to pay them any installation fee them have to come demo that on the hdtv first, I want to see if showing good and this time I shall make them sign my own contract that if they refuse to hold up their end of the deal by providing good service they will face the law. I fed up with all these companies in Trinidad who include lying, deceiving, and cheating as part of their corporate portfolio. The day it push somebody over the edge eh, I don't even want to say what I might do lest it be held against me in a court of law.

Depending on how critical you are of their service to provide hdtv quality programming your view may differ but had them for a while now and so far the picture quality is excellent in my case,much better than Flow if I had to compare.Sound quality is also great but on one or two of the channels there is sound variation such as it may be lower than the other channels.There have been no service interruptions but once I once noticed that food and Disney channel wasn't showing and there was a message that it was searching for a satellite signal but it was back up before an hour and no other channel was affected.The only problem I had was that there was a discrepancy in my channel listing where some channels showed up more than once on the program guide,I called them about it,but like my report fell on deaf ears,I then emailed them and then I got an almost instant response to the problem an a technician came an rectified it the day after the email was received. Where my house is situated,I get 60% wireless signal and it says that my quality rating is at 99% so someone else experience may be different. :ph34r:

#17 User is offline   cardez Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

Fellas i now seein this thread otherwise i would have responded long time. I have GDTV and so far so good. I mean i have some fairly decent channels, and they always ready to help right away when u call them.
I'll admit i didnt know about the installation fee until i called them, but overall its still not a bad price cause i paid $1265.00 for 1 year's service. That works out to a little over $100.00 per month.
Much better that the $300+ my bro paying for FLOW and he not even getting starz or showtime lol

The channels showing real best, so dont let that prevent u from trying them out.

One more thing though, they had to install an antennae on ur roof lol, i thought that was way old school but at least i getting good quality viewing

#18 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

View PostLich King, on 17 September 2009 - 06:39 AM, said:

I called them and there is an installation fee of about $500. LOL It's 5 something but I don't remember the exact figure. Suckers like them! Directv offering free installation. If I have to pay them any installation fee them have to come demo that on the hdtv first, I want to see if showing good and this time I shall make them sign my own contract that if they refuse to hold up their end of the deal by providing good service they will face the law. I fed up with all these companies in Trinidad who include lying, deceiving, and cheating as part of their corporate portfolio. The day it push somebody over the edge eh, I don't even want to say what I might do lest it be held against me in a court of law.

Seems they heard you :blink: ,as advertised on their site they now have a 30 day money back guarantee policy,so I guess if yuh doh get yuh money back this time around yuh have grounds to stand on :unsure:

#19 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:45 AM

View PostCool3ni, on 02 October 2009 - 08:38 PM, said:

Seems they heard you :blink: ,as advertised on their site they now have a 30 day money back guarantee policy,so I guess if yuh doh get yuh money back this time around yuh have grounds to stand on :unsure:

Well this is certainly great news, the 30 day money back picture looks a little retarded and out of place with their overall theme though. The important thing is that they mentioned a full refund and risk free.

I'm a little disappointed that they don't know how to spell the word disappointed correctly. :lol:

30 Day Money Back Guarantee

We are that confident that you will not be dissapointed in our service that we are giving you 30 days from the time of installation to make a decision. Return the equipment within 30 days of installation to our offices for a full refund. Risk Free.

#20 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:09 PM

The Telecom Authority of Trinidad & Tobago (TATT) has recently issued instructions to all Cable TV operators within Trinidad & Tobago to cease the broadcast of the movie channels Starz and Showtime. Green Dot Limited (GDL) has strongly opposed this for a number of reasons, the most prevalent being:

1. Both Starz and Showtime have not given rights for broadcast within the Caribbean most likely due to the fact that they consider the region too small and insignificant.

2. The majority of other Caribbean territories and their Citizens currently do and will continue to enjoy these premium movie channels and as such this instruction is being enforced for Trinidad & Tobago only.

3. There are alternate solutions to resolving the situation but in our opinion all these have not been explored prior to the instruction being issued.

The instruction from TATT states that all cable TV operators must terminate the broadcast of both channels by December 31st 2010. As much as we disagree, GDL is left with no choice but to comply with this and hence will cease to broadcast both channels on this date.

GDL continues to challenge this decision with TATT and also the Minister of Public Administration, however as of this date the challenges have been futile. In the interest of the Citizens of T&T, we encourage you to direct all concerns on this subject to the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago and also the Ministry responsible for this sector:

Mr. Cris Seecheran
Executive Director
Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago
#5, Eighth Avenue Extension, off Twelfth Street
Barataria
Tel : 675 8288, 221-8288 Senator the Honourable R. Nan Ramgoolam
Minister, Ministry of Public Administration
Level 5-7 National Library Building
Corner Hart and Abercromby Streets
Port of Spain
Tel : 623 6724

We apologize for the disruption to your viewing, however, GDL are actively looking to finalize contracts and negotiations with other content providers and will be adding further channels in due course. We are also in the midst of negotiations with HBO that provide Premium movie content however these channels will incur a separate charge. GDL will update in due course.
===============================================================================================================

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users