TSTT Forum: help please line down 4 months + - TSTT Forum

• (3 Pages)
  • +

help please line down 4 months + help please line down 4 months +

#1 User is offline   trinishack Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

Can anyone here help me. I havent had phone service for over 4+ months... however my internet was working up until last month. I reported the issue to tstt 3 times and i keep getting promises that some one would come and check my line.

What can i do now.

I'm a it person and i realy need internet at home. Due to my location blink is the only option. I need internet at home...

please tell me what can i do.

Thanks

#2 User is offline   ninja_billy Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:04 AM

There really isn't anything that can be done but to wait and hope that someone actually give a f about you and come out an fix your line, sounds kind of harh but thats how it is. You can also try TATT, good luck with that to.

#3 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

View Postninja_billy, on Mar 3 2009, 10:04 AM, said:

There really isn't anything that can be done but to wait and hope that someone actually give a f about you and come out an fix your line, sounds kind of harh but thats how it is. You can also try TATT, good luck with that to.

(1) Make a fault report at 824-TSTT or through the E-service (which I've found seems to work faster)
(2) Wait for the specified period
(3) If no recourse then call again and report it
(4) If no response after about a month,write them
(5) If still no response,then write to TATT

I've found that they don't like me to write them or TATT concerning service faults as they're fixed within a week these days.

You may be in for a wait if you live in an area where they're converting your area to digital service or there are lots of intentional cable cuts which more than often is in South Trinidad or any rural area.

Greg

#4 User is offline   trinishack Icon

• PipPip

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:34 PM

Hey all ... thanks for the support and help !

My line is still dead. I've called them at least 12 times and i was going to write to tatt but i received a message from blink sayign they're going to investigate it.

Since my last report here is whats happened ..

1 a technician showed up checked the line said my cable is cut .. i cant get any internet..or phone
My reply was - my line is not cut my internet works ! look at my pc ... the guy told me the line is cut i cant get internet but i was downloading a mp3 !!!!

2 . We were refered to a line technician ( was told he wpould be here in 5 working days ) or some thing along that line ... apparently this guy cant fix cable problems... no one ever showed up going on a couple months

3. No one showed up for a while .... a few months passed... I decided to call and give a tongue lashing. I was assured my report was in and would be sorted out.

4. a old guy showed up to check the phone .... plugged in his stuff .. said the line is good its a problem in the exchange... it needs to be re punched or something like that ... Your phone would be fixed in 5 working days i was told ... HERE WE GO AGAINNNN!!!!!.... guess what he left and the line is still dead ..a month has passed...

5. Today i got a PM from some one called blink here on the forum.. apparently they're looking into my problem now...they asked for my number..

i wonder if it'll take 5 working days from now ?

STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES !!!!

#5 User is offline   bulletproof Icon

• PipPip

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

View Posttrinishack, on Apr 13 2009, 03:34 PM, said:

Hey all ... thanks for the support and help !

My line is still dead. I've called them at least 12 times and i was going to write to tatt but i received a message from blink sayign they're going to investigate it.

Since my last report here is whats happened ..

1 a technician showed up checked the line said my cable is cut .. i cant get any internet..or phone
My reply was - my line is not cut my internet works ! look at my pc ... the guy told me the line is cut i cant get internet but i was downloading a mp3 !!!!

2 . We were refered to a line technician ( was told he wpould be here in 5 working days ) or some thing along that line ... apparently this guy cant fix cable problems... no one ever showed up going on a couple months

3. No one showed up for a while .... a few months passed... I decided to call and give a tongue lashing. I was assured my report was in and would be sorted out.

4. a old guy showed up to check the phone .... plugged in his stuff .. said the line is good its a problem in the exchange... it needs to be re punched or something like that ... Your phone would be fixed in 5 working days i was told ... HERE WE GO AGAINNNN!!!!!.... guess what he left and the line is still dead ..a month has passed...

5. Today i got a PM from some one called blink here on the forum.. apparently they're looking into my problem now...they asked for my number..

i wonder if it'll take 5 working days from now ?

STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES !!!!

LMAO =>>> tongue lashing

#6 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:49 AM

Man you are not the only one in that situation. My voice service has been dead for 5 weeks now and they always "working on it". I lucky my dsl still working though. Ever since they "upgraded" to blink I have been experiencing all sorts of line problems, started with a little static on the line and each time they came to "fix" it the problem kept getting worse till they finally "upgraded" my voice service from half dead to full dead.
I hope you get yours fixed soon, I also hope I am not destined for what has happened to you.

#7 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:59 AM

You guys have it easy:my friend in San Fernando was switched to digital and her line was dead for a little less than 3 weeks because someone forget to close her line at the exchange.The joke is that her husband was in charge of the South roll out that time and he had to wait for his co-workers to fix it.... :lol:

Greg

#8 User is offline   trinishack Icon

• PipPip

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:41 PM

Update: Still haven't heard Shit from anyone!!! Line is still dead..... Internet is still down.... about to get fired, cause i can't do any work at home!

#9 User is offline   trinishack Icon

• PipPip

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

big thanks to tstt blink

My line was fixed. He personally called me this mornign to ensure everything was operational.

It was long overdue but it works great again....

Thanks very very much

#10 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:17 PM

View Posttrinishack, on Apr 21 2009, 04:27 PM, said:

big thanks to tstt blink

My line was fixed. He personally called me this mornign to ensure everything was operational.

It was long overdue but it works great again....

Thanks very very much
Glad to hear you back on track. I hope I won't have to wait 4 months like you, I am already waiting for 7 weeks and counting. Sigh. A telephone company that can't fix a phone line...

#11 User is offline   trinishack Icon

• PipPip

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

i think i jinxed it.

My blink is still not working to my satisfaction. I'm being disconnected sometimes every 10 mionutes. then it might stay up for about an hour perfectly then ... it randomly starts disconnecting.

Guys plz help i have remote access to my office and i depend a lot on this. Every time the connection drops i get disconnected from the office and i have to re connect. this is a real pain!!

#12 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

View Posttrinishack, on Apr 22 2009, 08:54 AM, said:

i think i jinxed it.

My blink is still not working to my satisfaction. I'm being disconnected sometimes every 10 mionutes. then it might stay up for about an hour perfectly then ... it randomly starts disconnecting.

Guys plz help i have remote access to my office and i depend a lot on this. Every time the connection drops i get disconnected from the office and i have to re connect. this is a real pain!!
When it goes down, can you tell us what error is shown in the modem status page?

#13 User is offline   trinishack Icon

• PipPip

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:58 AM

it says ADSL LINK DOWN under wan status

and then it sometimes says PPP link down

As of this morning the internet has gone down it seems PERMANENTLY ... no internet activity what so ever . tried rebooting mode. unpluging modem. same issue

error is ADSL link down.

I hope you guys can help resolve this asap

Thanks

View PostLich King, on Apr 22 2009, 02:12 PM, said:

When it goes down, can you tell us what error is shown in the modem status page?

#14 User is offline   dr.tt Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:29 PM

View Posttrinishack, on Apr 23 2009, 08:58 AM, said:

it says ADSL LINK DOWN under wan status

and then it sometimes says PPP link down

As of this morning the internet has gone down it seems PERMANENTLY ... no internet activity what so ever . tried rebooting mode. unpluging modem. same issue

error is ADSL link down.

I hope you guys can help resolve this asap

Thanks

Can you post your ADSL Statistics info? (Found by clicking Device Info, Statistics, then ADSL)

DR.TT

#15 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

Early this morning my internet was working normal,then all of a suden at around 8am,it just stopped.My line is dead now,so both voice and data service is non existant,but the modem still detects a dsl signal since i see the status light is on,but in the status it say ppp down,any idea if its my line or a problem at the exchange.Called TSTT and said someone will be around within 5-7 working days :(
EDIT:Woke up this morning to find out dial tone has been restored,and so the net is back online as well,just hope it doesn't relapse.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users