TSTT Forum: Line has no dial tone since 15-Sep-2009 12:45pm - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Line has no dial tone since 15-Sep-2009 12:45pm

#1 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

Reported to TSTT that my line has no dial tone anymore, while the ADSL service works fine.
Will see how long it will take to fix the problem ... this is my main line to keep in touch with my clients.

#2 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:03 AM

View Postadmin, on Sep 15 2009, 02:31 PM, said:

Reported to TSTT that my line has no dial tone anymore, while the ADSL service works fine.
Will see how long it will take to fix the problem ... this is my main line to keep in touch with my clients.

Though this reply has nothing to do with helping you out, I will take the opportunity to make a point. :P
TSTT has claimed that they cannot provide customers with a dry pair for ADSL alone even though every other country on the planet could do it, TSTT once again upholds the "can't do" attitude. Clearly your case is not an isolated one, as many over the past have reported problems where they have no dial tone but their dsl works fine. If this isn't proof that TSTT are lying bastards then I don't know what is. They just want you to take a line with an analogue voice service that you will always be paying for and never use. I and everyone else with common sense know that dsl signals are digital and do not overlap or require the voice service on the line, so who is TSTT trying to fool?

The sad thing is that offering dry pairs would benefit them greatly but due to the myopic corporate heads in charge of TSTT, they could never proactively do anything to save themselves. It is less infrastructure and wastage of resources; to connect a dry pair is just to run a line to the dslam, there is no need to connect the line to the voice switching network nor is there the need to wastefully assign a phone number to the line that could otherwise be used for actual voice communications. Instead they prefer to waste resources, well good for them, waste more resources TSTT, it's the only way of life you know.

#3 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

Seems I am the lucky one ... my line is restored and all is working fine!

At the end I recognised that my ADSL modem was not even connected to this line, but to my other line with ADSL backup.

The line was actually completely dead and after the TSTT contractors changed some distribution panel stuff, all was working.
Still looking forward getting connected to the new network with fiber and copper to the premises ... I presume a requirement for reliable IPTV connectivity.
Would like to test drive IPTV ...

Good response time from TSTT I have to say! I remember other times where I had to wait a month or so.
The contractor already tried to come yesterday, but our gate blocked them and for some reason they did not have my cell number.

#4 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

View Postadmin, on Sep 15 2009, 02:31 PM, said:

Hmmm...that's something for TATT to look into...

Greg

#5 User is offline   Husk Icon

• Pip

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

"Still looking forward getting connected to the new network with fiber and copper to the premises ... I presume a requirement for reliable IPTV connectivity.
Would like to test drive IPTV ..."

Go flow....Tstt is coming with IPTV but it's only fiber to the cross connect cabinet and then copper distribution to the subscriber. They supposedly launching IPTV next month but only in north. Typical. God forbid they should test drive a new service anywhere but in north.......

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users