TSTT Forum: Torrent issue - TSTT Forum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Torrent issue Not able to download via utorrent

#1 User is offline   jalba Icon

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 23-October 09

Post icon  Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

Help!!!!
I'm not getting to download my torrents like normal through utorrent, even though i got the green tick symbol. I got the tstt wireless broadband.
Can anybody help pleaseeee? i need new tunes!!!! :( :( :(
0

#2 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

  • Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 561
  • Joined: 04-October 06
  • Location:Third planet from the sun
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

View Postjalba, on 23 October 2009 - 03:28 PM, said:

Help!!!!
I'm not getting to download my torrents like normal through utorrent, even though i got the green tick symbol. I got the tstt wireless broadband.
Can anybody help pleaseeee? i need new tunes!!!! :( :( :(

Probably its a firewall issue.Should call and enquire if there is a firewall enabled on the service.
0

#3 User is offline   jalba Icon

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 23-October 09

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:10 AM

OK I called the office, and apparently when the boss upgrade the package, they had the ports blocked in the firewall by them. So it's unlocked now, and I'm back to business. Thanks alot.

But out of curiousity, is there a way to unblock it without having to harass the offices?
0

#4 User is offline   Lich King Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 19-May 06

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

View Postjalba, on 27 October 2009 - 09:10 AM, said:

OK I called the office, and apparently when the boss upgrade the package, they had the ports blocked in the firewall by them. So it's unlocked now, and I'm back to business. Thanks alot.

But out of curiousity, is there a way to unblock it without having to harass the offices?
Nope, you have to call TSTT because that firewall is in their control. Only way.
0

#5 User is offline   Kent Icon

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 12-November 09
  • Interests:Need Some Settings for my blackberry 7100g ( its old but i just want the net :D)

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:08 PM

View PostLich King, on 28 October 2009 - 07:38 AM, said:

Nope, you have to call TSTT because that firewall is in their control. Only way.

You have to call them and get them to take the firewall so u can use torrents
SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME BUT NOW DOWNLOADING TORRENTS EVERY DAY
0

#6 User is offline   Skylined Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 150
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Penal, Trinidad
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

BITTORENT is the only way to live, I download several xvid shows, copy it to my flash drive and watch it on my TV and Notebook when I get home!

I have one of those TV's with USB input!
0

#7 User is offline   johnathon1000 Icon

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 04-July 12

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

i can't download any torents or play multiplayer games is that because of the firewall too?
0

#8 User is offline   jpf Icon

  • Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 193
  • Joined: 08-February 04
  • Location:Mt. Dor

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

View Postjohnathon1000, on 10 July 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

i can't download any torents or play multiplayer games is that because of the firewall too?


probably

u cud check bittorrenttest.com also.


I'm wondering, is it possible for them to just allow bittorrent ports without taking off the firewall completely?
0

#9 User is offline   Lich King Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 19-May 06

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

View Postjpf, on 01 January 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

I'm wondering, is it possible for them to just allow bittorrent ports without taking off the firewall completely?

This may not be so easily accomplished since there is no designated port assigned for torrent use. Every torrent app uses some random port number to connect. The easiest thing is just to call TSTT and get the firewall turned off.
BTW does anyone know if Flow has a firewall like this? I always end up using my blink connection for torrents because my Flow connection seems to be constipated.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users