GPRS (EDGE) Problems

#1 User is offline   jsm1985 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Nokia, Symbian
    Current Phone: Nokia C7

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

I've been having serious connectivity issues on the bmobile EDGE network. Frequent (sometimes CONSTANT) disconnects from IM applications (such as fring, Skype), e-mail push service, cripplingly slow website loading times (even on simple mobile sites such as Facebook).

This only happens during the work week, and when I'm in the Port of Spain area, during working hours (9am - 5pm). On weekends, off- peak hours or when I'm NOT in PoS, it's FINE. Clearly this is a network congestion problem. I am paying $150 per month for this service that I CAN'T use when it's most important to me. It's complete BS! I've called bmobile, went into the stores and they can't do anything. I bought a new SIM as that was their only suggestion. $25 wasted. They've 'reset' my account at least 5 times with no help.

Is anyone else having similar problems to me? Let's get this out there so hopefully they do something about their network congestion. By the way, this has only started happening in the past 3 months or so since everyone and their dog has started getting their 'me-too' BlackBerries. I haven't had this problem in the years before.

bMobile: Make sure your network can handle the masses of users on your data network before you start selling $499 and get one free BlackBerries!

I'm using a Nokia N79, but i'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with the problem.

/end of rant

#2 User is offline   unimatrix001 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:18 PM

out of curiosity, what speeds do you typically get because I'm seriously considering taking this service from january. is possible please provide a speedtest.net link

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users