• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blackberry and Wireless Networks

#1 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

I have my Crackberry 5 Days now and I am happy , for "Faster speeds" I when at home connect it to my home network with my Blink access and my phone gets a IP from my network but today I posted on a Forum that I am a Mod on and the IP address showed at rdns.blackberry.net should it not show as a TSTT IP ?

David

#2 User is offline   TSTT Customer Care Icon

• PipPip

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

View Postdpds68, on 09 May 2010 - 12:19 PM, said:

I have my Crackberry 5 Days now and I am happy , for "Faster speeds" I when at home connect it to my home network with my Blink access and my phone gets a IP from my network but today I posted on a Forum that I am a Mod on and the IP address showed at rdns.blackberry.net should it not show as a TSTT IP ?

David

Hi David

Can you advise what you were trying to do , is it that you are using your blackberry to connect to mail using your WIFI connection at home ? If not, other than that can you explain?

TSTT

#3 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:38 AM

View PostTSTT Customer Care, on 18 May 2010 - 01:18 PM, said:

Hi David

Can you advise what you were trying to do , is it that you are using your blackberry to connect to mail using your WIFI connection at home ? If not, other than that can you explain?

TSTT

I have blink at home and a Wireless router set up , I want to connect the BB to my WiFi network to browse but based on my trace it looks like I am going through RIM not TSTT , now this may be correct as I am still not clear on how the RIM network connection through TSTT works .

p.s.

And I am also a at TSTT ( Contract ) .

David

#4 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:14 PM

View Postdpds68, on 20 May 2010 - 06:38 AM, said:

I have blink at home and a Wireless router set up , I want to connect the BB to my WiFi network to browse but based on my trace it looks like I am going through RIM not TSTT , now this may be correct as I am still not clear on how the RIM network connection through TSTT works .

p.s.

And I am also a at TSTT ( Contract ) .

David

AFAIK, The Blackberry network (Blackberry browser maybe?) diverts all web traffic via proxy servers, Opera mini can be installed on a Blackberry, Try that instead to see if you local IP will show up!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users