TSTT Forum: Can't Play Youtube Videos - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't Play Youtube Videos been trying to access youtube videos but getting error message

#1 User is offline   mimi007 Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

Hi,
Ihave a 8900 on TSTT and I've been trying to get youtube videos on my phone. The media player comes up, but the problem seems to occur after loading, that it won't play.I've googled the problem and there is some configuration for the APN? Does anyone know what it is, or if there is another solution to the problem can someone help me...

#2 User is offline   TSTT Customer Care Icon

• PipPip

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:25 PM

View Postmimi007, on 24 May 2010 - 12:30 AM, said:

Hi,
Ihave a 8900 on TSTT and I've been trying to get youtube videos on my phone. The media player comes up, but the problem seems to occur after loading, that it won't play.I've googled the problem and there is some configuration for the APN? Does anyone know what it is, or if there is another solution to the problem can someone help me...

Hi Mimi007

The APN has to be set as "INTERNET".

Let me know if you get through

TSTT

#3 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

View Postmimi007, on 24 May 2010 - 12:30 AM, said:

Hi,

Afaik, you can play YouTube videos on Blackberry OS 5 and higher, not sure about version 4, you might need some third party software.
Check out the forums at www.crackberry.com and you can get the latest official or leaked OS for free, remember it doesn't have to be carrier specific, once you delete the vendor.xml file.

Newest Official 8900 OS 5.0.0.681 (To see your ver. Go to Menu > Settings > About)
http://forums.crackb...tchison-473239/

Also, mines play YouTube vids when connected to my WIFI access point at work and home, it will not work with EDGE because of the way EDGE works, it cannot stream a video.

Unless there is 3G/4G blackberry services now (let me know if there is?)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users