TSTT Forum: New Flow Rates & Speeds - TSTT Forum

Jump to content

  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Flow Rates & Speeds ... a new dawn

#61 User is offline   Wolfie Icon

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 82
  • Joined: 01-July 04

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:24 AM

Flow has fixed the problem in my area it seems.

I'm getting 2 mb/s downloads again on single connections.

Thanks flow :ph34r:
0

#62 User is offline   admin Icon

  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 817
  • Joined: 28-July 03

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

View PostWolfie, on 20 August 2010 - 05:24 AM, said:

Flow has fixed the problem in my area it seems.

Lucky you! Just did a test and my 4Mbps Blink is still 3 times faster than my 25Mbps Flow when it comes to single ftp downloads (Test: downloaded 700MB from US server).
0

#63 User is offline   dforge Icon

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 34
  • Joined: 03-September 05

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

Problem fixed here too, since yesterday I've been getting the expected download speeds.
[IMG]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2050/screenshot2ce.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2650/screenshot3ip.png[/IMG]
0

#64 User is offline   Devaughn Icon

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 26-November 07

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

View Postdforge, on 20 August 2010 - 04:10 PM, said:



Well done dforge! How do your torrents compare?
0

#65 User is offline   DJMRLONG Icon

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 44
  • Joined: 26-March 08

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

Those are nice speeds but I still get crappy speeds!!!

I have no problem with a new service or feature giving problems & the company admits it ........
What I hate is the denial.....
Anyway will give a few more months before I do anything drastic.

As for tstt speed comparison when I had both I did notice that tstt would give you full speeds in mere seconds whilst Flow would take minutes.
0

#66 User is offline   Unknown Icon

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 28-July 10

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:14 PM

http://www.speedtest...t/933064825.png
0

#67 User is offline   zuke Icon

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 56
  • Joined: 25-November 06

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

got some info last week that flow would be introducing some new packages very soon... up to 400mbit
0

#68 User is offline   PikachuMan Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 170
  • Joined: 20-July 07
  • Location:San'do

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

View Postzuke, on 06 June 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

got some info last week that flow would be introducing some new packages very soon... up to 400mbit


i wonder how many ppl will take that package and then plug it in 10/100 NICs and G routers.

I might be interpreting this chartVVVV wrong, but it seems very few routers could deliver that kind of speed in a WAN->LAN direction.

http://www.smallnetb...ter-charts/view
0

#69 User is offline   Skylined Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 150
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Penal, Trinidad
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

View PostPikachuMan, on 07 June 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

i wonder how many ppl will take that package and then plug it in 10/100 NICs and G routers.

I might be interpreting this chartVVVV wrong, but it seems very few routers could deliver that kind of speed in a WAN->LAN direction.

http://www.smallnetb...ter-charts/view


I waiting, I have CAT6 gigabit wiring run all over my house already with a D-LINK DGL-4500 XTREME N router
0

#70 User is offline   Skylined Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 150
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Penal, Trinidad
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

If i could only get digital service here
0

#71 User is offline   admin Icon

  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 817
  • Joined: 28-July 03

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:45 PM

Since the Speedtest is not always really providing the speed between the servers I work with and my local location, I am using the Speedtest mini.
Simply installed it on all my servers.
At many times the speedtest showed close to 15-25 Mbps with my previous 25Mbps connection, the real test showed that the speed is often below 2 Mbps during certain periods of the day.
So far I would say that flow works fine during 'business hours' but comes to a 'standstill' after around 6 pm and streaming video is close to impossible and I switch back to Blink.
Would be great getting a constant speed of 4 Mbps as that should be sufficient for many HD video stations.
The high speed currently only makes sense if I have to download large files using multiple download streams. Maybe one day HD video streams can also utilize multiple streams ...
0

#72 User is offline   PikachuMan Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 170
  • Joined: 20-July 07
  • Location:San'do

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

View Postadmin, on 08 June 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

Since the Speedtest is not always really providing the speed between the servers I work with and my local location, I am using the Speedtest mini.
Simply installed it on all my servers.
At many times the speedtest showed close to 15-25 Mbps with my previous 25Mbps connection, the real test showed that the speed is often below 2 Mbps during certain periods of the day.
So far I would say that flow works fine during 'business hours' but comes to a 'standstill' after around 6 pm and streaming video is close to impossible and I switch back to Blink.
Would be great getting a constant speed of 4 Mbps as that should be sufficient for many HD video stations.
The high speed currently only makes sense if I have to download large files using multiple download streams. Maybe one day HD video streams can also utilize multiple streams ...


they've done some work recently it seems. Youtube HD now works really well. It just downloads the whole thing at full speed on my 25Mb package, so the red loading bar fills up at a good pace.

I uploaded a screengrab onto youtube below VVVV. Activity Monitor shows it pegs at 3.0 Megabytes per second (~24Mb/s) download until it finishes loading the whole video.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2-BI4Xj8kPU

I just did some software updates off Apple, same thing, 24-25Mb/s constant, sustained download. This doesn't change at all with time of day.
0

  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users