TSTT Forum: Caller ID Checksum Missing - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Caller ID Checksum Missing

#1 User is offline   jaiume Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:50 PM

Apparently TSTT is sending caller IDs with either incorect or missing checksums. This affects more advanced PBX equipment, causing them to ignore the Caller ID information. It seems simpler equipment like phones and faxes don't care about the checksum, so still display the caller ID.

This was confirmed by two hardware vendors (Patton Electronics and Grandstream) after they looked at the traces generated from equipment.

Is anyone else having similar problems with Caller ID?

Jamie

#2 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

View Postjaiume, on 06 November 2010 - 06:50 PM, said:

Apparently TSTT is sending caller IDs with either incorect or missing checksums. This affects more advanced PBX equipment, causing them to ignore the Caller ID information. It seems simpler equipment like phones and faxes don't care about the checksum, so still display the caller ID.

This was confirmed by two hardware vendors (Patton Electronics and Grandstream) after they looked at the traces generated from equipment.

Is anyone else having similar problems with Caller ID?

Jamie

I send no Caller ID by default when I use the office phone which is on a IP-PBX system or I'm spoofed to the main office number...

I have also noticed that the Caller ID isn't sent when I use my aunt's home phone.... :blink:

Greg

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users