TSTT Forum: Problems Connecting DVR to Internet - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Problems Connecting DVR to Internet

#1 User is offline   rsa Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

I am using a standalone DVR which is connected direct to the Zhone modem via lan port. I tried setting up either a virtual server or DMZ with no luck. I have assigned a static ip for the dvr outside the range of DHCP. I also tried setting up a dyndns for the zhone modem but i keep getting cannot find page. Verifing my router public ip using www.whatsmyip.com. I then tried to connect direct using the ip in the browser but no results. Tstt states that the firewall is off. What are my options or what am i doing wrong???

#2 User is offline   rsa Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

Any advice would be appreciated.....

#3 User is offline   ninja_billy Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

what port is the dvr webgui set to. is it also using port 80 if that is the problem you should have atleast acces to the zohne routers' webgui, unless you are running one of the newer firmwares which have remote access disabled by default.

#4 User is offline   rsa Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

View Postninja_billy, on 18 March 2011 - 12:13 PM, said:

what port is the dvr webgui set to. is it also using port 80 if that is the problem you should have atleast acces to the zohne routers' webgui, unless you are running one of the newer firmwares which have remote access disabled by default.

I have tried using the 190.xx.xxx.xxx:80 with no results either. From what you are saying the newer firmwares have remote access disabled by default.......how can i change this then??

I have also tried two other zhone modems by some friends which gives the same results. Appling public address in the browser comes up " cannot find". I personally use a wi max modem an have setup a dyndns which works every time. Very strange.....

Please continue sharing your ideas i do appreciate your help....

#5 User is offline   ninja_billy Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

the setting you need to change is in the admin tab, i think it's called access list or access restrictions.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users