TSTT Forum: router resets for no reason - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

router resets for no reason blink

#1 User is offline   forsaken Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

i have a problem,i use my internet for online gaming(sony ps3) and some times in the middle of the game the router just resets causing me to lose all progress.some times it happen when the house phone rings,what could be the cause?

#2 User is offline   metasansana Icon

• Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

View Postforsaken, on 31 October 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

i have a problem,i use my internet for online gaming(sony ps3) and some times in the middle of the game the router just resets causing me to lose all progress.some times it happen when the house phone rings,what could be the cause?

What brand of router are you using? Are you using wireless? What is the connection speed of the router? You problem could be caused by many different things for instance too much traffic load could be sending it into dumb mode and forcing a reset.

#3 User is offline   metasansana Icon

• Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

Disregard my previous post on the traffic post. Is the house phone on the same line as the Internet's? I believe blink gives you a small device that you plug the main line into that is supposed to prevent this problem.

#4 User is offline   ninja_billy Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

View Postmetasansana, on 01 November 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:

Disregard my previous post on the traffic post. Is the house phone on the same line as the Internet's? I believe blink gives you a small device that you plug the main line into that is supposed to prevent this problem.

The above is right, what you need is to place a dsl filter on all phone jacks which are in use by a non adsl modem device.

#5 User is offline   forsaken Icon

• Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

yes it has the dsl filter on,i never had a reason to interfere with it since it was installed.the router that i use is the one that they give you(zhone)

#6 User is offline   dr.tt Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

View Postforsaken, on 01 November 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

yes it has the dsl filter on,i never had a reason to interfere with it since it was installed.the router that i use is the one that they give you(zhone)

If the internet is interrupted when the phone rings, it points to an unfiltered phone or device, an incorrectly filtered device or lastly a faulty filter.
If you did not interfere with it, could someone have done so when they were cleaning perhaps?

DR.TT

#7 User is offline   forsaken Icon

• Pip

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

View Postdr.tt, on 03 November 2011 - 06:45 AM, said:

If the internet is interrupted when the phone rings, it points to an unfiltered phone or device, an incorrectly filtered device or lastly a faulty filter.
If you did not interfere with it, could someone have done so when they were cleaning perhaps?

DR.TT

it is possible that someone interfere with it in that sense because it has been there for over a year now,i thought about the dsl filter being bad so i change it with no luck.i hate calling blink due to the fact that they always respond with "i'm sorry we're experiencing technical difficulty in your area at this time" but everyone else around me have no problem :angry:

#8 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

First off, is there any noise on your phone line? if yes, have TSTT repair/replace the wiring from your house to the pole.
Secondly, Change all your DSL filters with the new ones TSTT now offer, it is a phone only filter, not the two way type (eg. Line in > Modem Out + Phone Out).
Filters go on all telephone extensions on that line except for the modem.

If this doesn't rectify your problem, have them change your router (you are using a TSTT supplied modem/router right).

Otherwise if you are using a third party router it could be the case like in the above post, it just gets congested and resets!
If this is the case, plug the PS3 directly into your modem and see what happens if it works buy a good router and not a cheap one...

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users