TSTT Forum: The contract has not expired! - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

The contract has not expired!

#1 User is offline   Razzzhead Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Back in 2008, I signed up for Blink Broadband and opted for the special deal where if you sign up for a minimum of three years, you get a 15% discount on the bill. Everything was fine (as far as the billing) during that time. However after the three years expired, I noticed the internet part of the phone bill suddenly jumped by quite a few dollars. I questioned this at the local office only to be told that my "contract had expired". I pointed out that I still have a contract with them! They provide me with a service, they send me a bill, I pay the bill and so on - month by month. If it was a fixed term contract, after the three years the phone would be cut, I would send back the modem etc. and there would be no more bills. I clearly don't have that sort of contract, I have a perpetual one. I tried to point out that the agreement I had with them is that if within a three year period of starting the contract, should that contract should be terminated at my request, then I would be liable to pay an excess. The clerk wasn't having it. She was adamant that my contract had expired so therefore I have to pay more. I maintain I still have a contract with them because I still have a service and still get (and pay) a bill. She says no - "your contract has expired - that's why you pay more". I tried to reason with her by pointing out that I entered into an agreement to undertake to keep the contract going for at least three years, and as a reward for my loyalty, TSTT would give me a 15% discount. She still wasn't having it. She was adamant that my contract had expired. I went on to point out that they are breaking the law unless they inform me in writing that the contract terms are now changed. What they did was to increase the monthly price without warning.

The Adverse Trade Practices Order, 2000 states that:-

SUPPLIERS OF GOODS CANNOT UNILATERALLY introduce a new term into a contract after the contract has been entered into with the consumer.

I intend to take this further with the TSTT management and if I don't get satisfaction I will make a formal complaint with the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago as well as with The Consumer Affairs Division.

Customer loyalty indeed!

Has any other Blink Customer come across this nonsense? If they won't budge, we should start a Class Action.

#2 User is offline   reyaz01 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostRazzzhead, on 12 January 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Back in 2008, I signed up for Blink Broadband and opted for the special deal where if you sign up for a minimum of three years, you get a 15% discount on the bill. Everything was fine (as far as the billing) during that time. However after the three years expired, I noticed the internet part of the phone bill suddenly jumped by quite a few dollars. I questioned this at the local office only to be told that my "contract had expired". I pointed out that I still have a contract with them! They provide me with a service, they send me a bill, I pay the bill and so on - month by month. If it was a fixed term contract, after the three years the phone would be cut, I would send back the modem etc. and there would be no more bills. I clearly don't have that sort of contract, I have a perpetual one. I tried to point out that the agreement I had with them is that if within a three year period of starting the contract, should that contract should be terminated at my request, then I would be liable to pay an excess. The clerk wasn't having it. She was adamant that my contract had expired so therefore I have to pay more. I maintain I still have a contract with them because I still have a service and still get (and pay) a bill. She says no - "your contract has expired - that's why you pay more". I tried to reason with her by pointing out that I entered into an agreement to undertake to keep the contract going for at least three years, and as a reward for my loyalty, TSTT would give me a 15% discount. She still wasn't having it. She was adamant that my contract had expired. I went on to point out that they are breaking the law unless they inform me in writing that the contract terms are now changed. What they did was to increase the monthly price without warning.

Not to burst your bubble but your "3 year contract" has been expired and terminated and would have been that way the day the 3 year mark was reached. Hence, in an effort to allow you to keep your internet access you were moved from a contracted term of service to a non-contracted one (month-month). Therefore you are no longer in any contract and your 15% discount is no longer valid unless you go into the TSTT front office and request to be signed onto another one.

Regards.

#3 User is offline   TSTT Customer Care Icon

• PipPip

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

View Postreyaz01, on 15 January 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

Not to burst your bubble but your "3 year contract" has been expired and terminated and would have been that way the day the 3 year mark was reached. Hence, in an effort to allow you to keep your internet access you were moved from a contracted term of service to a non-contracted one (month-month). Therefore you are no longer in any contract and your 15% discount is no longer valid unless you go into the TSTT front office and request to be signed onto another one.

Regards.

Hi Reyaz

Can you email your contact details to customercare@tstt.co.tt so we take a look into your concerns and provide you with a final response.

TSTT Customer Care

#4 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm tending to agree with reyaz01 here...

Greg

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users