• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flow Lag troubles T.T

#1 User is offline   flint Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:00 AM

So i've been investigating the lagging issues for a while... since i got them actually. Still have my TSTT connection because of the lag issues.
First it was with Lineage 2, that uses a known Kazaa port and they claimed they dont do throttling. I have evidence that they do so I emailed them about it a few times and got it resolved... now it's League of Legends.

Doing a ping plot to their Gateway provides lag spikes of up to 400ms or more. So i'm of the opinion that I wont get stable pings on flow unless they fix their problem or i keep tstt, cuz i still have them right now.

hope someone at flow can see this post

Because I cannot attach pics just do a pingplotter graph to 200.1.111.20 (their edge gateway) for 10 minutes and watch those spikes... im on tstt right now and i've spiked alot less in 20 mins or so, or should i say that it's different...

#2 User is offline   joo Icon

• PipPip

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hmm.. I know that when running League of Legends, there's a program that runs in the background that constantly seeds the games, eating all your upload bandwidth. See if a process called "PMB.exe" is running in the background while running/playing league of legends or while you are getting the ping spikes. I had this same problem, but with League of Legends previously..

#3 User is offline   protozero Icon

• Pip
  • Interests:Warcraft 3, Dota, Call of duty, Megaman, Super Robot Wars, GUNDAM!!!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

I get a similar problem with League Of Legends but it has nothing to do with PMB, sometimes i have lag in LoL while my friend has none, and then sometimes he has it while i have none (we both don't have PMB and both have FLOW), i think it's a FLOW problem as it isn't just a high latency spike but packet loss that occurs in game on random days for us. Sadly i switched to FLOW for better latency in games (Blink was raep with the constant slowdowns) but BLINK didn't have this packet loss in LoL, we seriously need 1 good ISP >_<

#4 User is offline   protozero Icon

• Pip
  • Interests:Warcraft 3, Dota, Call of duty, Megaman, Super Robot Wars, GUNDAM!!!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

sigh i've learned what causes LoL lag now...it's FLOW...when they throttle your download speed games like WOW are unaffected but LoL...LoL takes a big hit from that...which means FLOW has been throttling quite alot (almost 90% each month) for quite some time >_<, time to call FLOW

#5 User is offline   newgrantrasta Icon

• PipPip

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

Absolutely ridiculous. Had flow for one week, and the lag spikes are ridiculous. Might be faster than Blink in terms of Upload and Download, but this is irrelevant when it comes to gaming. Going to call Support and if not rectified, back to good ole Blink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users