Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wimax Security Stopping the freeness

#1 User is offline   cincuanta Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

Recently I have begun to suspect that my neighbour is using my wireless wimax signal. When no one is on the net at home, the blue LED on the USB dongle (for the wireless connection) flashes rapidly. Also when I unplug the USB the guy almost always goes back into his house. My question is how can I improve the security to make it harder for unauthorised persons to access it? I have not changed any security settings i.e. default settings still apply.

#2 User is offline   Pinballwizard Icon

• PipPip

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

View Postcincuanta, on 04 June 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

Recently I have begun to suspect that my neighbour is using my wireless wimax signal. When no one is on the net at home, the blue LED on the USB dongle (for the wireless connection) flashes rapidly. Also when I unplug the USB the guy almost always goes back into his house. My question is how can I improve the security to make it harder for unauthorised persons to access it? I have not changed any security settings i.e. default settings still apply.

You can change the security code on the wireless access point

#3 User is offline   cincuanta Icon

• PipPip

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

What I was thinking about is along the lines of WEP or WPA. Does the wimax modem offer WPA (or whatever else) like a router? Cuz I was thinking about buying a router and hooking it up just to get that kind of security.

#4 User is offline   Pinballwizard Icon

• PipPip

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

View Postcincuanta, on 01 July 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

What I was thinking about is along the lines of WEP or WPA. Does the wimax modem offer WPA (or whatever else) like a router? Cuz I was thinking about buying a router and hooking it up just to get that kind of security.

Your best bet would be to buy a router. Routers have better security than the Wifi dongle that TSTT gives you with the Wimax box. Two of the best brands that I know of are Linksys by cisco and Asus. I have tried both of these with the TSTT box and they work very well.

#5 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I just changed the security settings using the UI...

Greg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users