TSTT Forum: Connecting to CCTV Camera System - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Connecting to CCTV Camera System

#1 User is offline   Bev Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hi Guys,

I recently installed a CCTV camera system in my home however i am unable to view my camera remotely. I called TSTT and my firewall is off, i also did the port forwarding which is Port 80 & 9000. I add these port to TCP/UDP and i am still unsuccessful.I have the H 264 Dvr which i entered DHCP then port 80 then port 2000. With this i got an ip address automatically for the DVR. After that i opened internet explorer and i entered https://192.058.xxx.xxx(IP address of the DVR) and i am still unsuccessful. Can someone help me out. Is port 80 & 9000 the correct port for the CCTV cameras?

#2 User is offline   ninja_billy Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

problem is mostly due to port 80 being used for remote/local administration of the adsl modem. I haven't used ADSL in a while so i am a bit unsure about how to change the access port of the ADSL modem. What you need to do is change the ports that you mange CCTV, try 9000 and 9001.

#3 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

Well, first you need to know exactly via which ports you can access your DVR on your LAN while connected to your LAN (192.168.x.x or so).
To access the DVR from the Internet you have to use the public IP address of your ADSL router plus the port you forwarded (NAT) to.
E.g. (port 4321). Once you have a NAT entry with the LAN address of your DVR in the ADSL router, it should forward your request to the DVR.
The ports used for CCTV depend on the CCTV system.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users