Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Current Flow Speeds

#1 User is offline   Newton2006 Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hello, everyone, I would kindly like to know the current status of FLOW 5MB package internet speed, I am a BLINK user from eversince and I am interested in switching to FLOW now because of the obvious deal $200.00. Is FLOW advertised speed really 5MB, I am located in the heart of San Fernando and do some ocassional torrent file sharing etc. Is FLOW as of 23rd July, 2012 really WORTH the SWITCH or SHOULD I STAY with blink on the 2MB package. IS FLOW right NOW FASTER (No buffering etc.) than BLINK 2MB????

Thanks for any relevant info on this matter

#2 User is offline   PikachuMan Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostNewton2006, on 23 July 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Hello, everyone, I would kindly like to know the current status of FLOW 5MB package internet speed, I am a BLINK user from eversince and I am interested in switching to FLOW now because of the obvious deal $200.00. Is FLOW advertised speed really 5MB, I am located in the heart of San Fernando and do some ocassional torrent file sharing etc. Is FLOW as of 23rd July, 2012 really WORTH the SWITCH or SHOULD I STAY with blink on the 2MB package. IS FLOW right NOW FASTER (No buffering etc.) than BLINK 2MB????

Thanks for any relevant info on this matter

I, too, am in the heart of San Fernando. I have a residential Flow 25Mb connection get the pretty much the advertised speeds all day and night. It varies from where I'm downloading from though.

I still get buffering on some YouTube videos, but I'm inclined to believe that is an issue unrelated to connection speed. I've seen youtube buffer even when everything else is flying.

#3 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

I have the 5Mbps Flow package and the 4Mbps Blink package and use both at the same time.

Both providers have their ups and downs at times.

Today for instance Flow was unusable for 1-2 hours. Couldn't even load websites anymore, while the speed to the Flow speedtest remained at 5 Mpbs. This might have been a backbone connectivity issue. At the same time, sites loaded via Blink were flying.

My issue with Blink for some time ... in order to maintain a decent speed, I have to power off/on the Zhone router 6211-I3 once or twice a week.
The speed simply drops after a while. Maybe the box needs a firmware upgrade or it's my line again.
Watching streaming video seems to be working better via Blink as Blink seems to more or less maintain the speed, while with Flow it is pretty much a roller-coaster ride.
Downloads using multiple streams is slightly faster using Flow, but only when using multiple streams.
I get around 620 KB/s with Flow and 550 KB/s with Blink.
Streaming video is not using multiple streams (not yet) as far as I know.

#4 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

I wish that I was that lucky to have an option here but I've got Blink by default since Flow doesn't seem to want to come here.

My main interaction with FLow's at work as a corporate customer and that in itself's a headache sometimes as the connection is 'live' but the speeds fluctuate so much to the point that the Blink service kicks in.

Greg

#5 User is offline   Newton2006 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hey thanks for the advice as I had paid connection fees for Flow's 5MB package, but after reading responses from tstt forums, I decided to get a REFUND from flow and instead UPGRADED my BLINK 2MB to 4MB, I certainly have not regret it, the download speed from piratebay is about 500Kbs and YOUTUBE has NEVER ever BUFFERED, WOW, DEMONOID seem to be down for now, so have to resort to KAT.pa and ISOHUNT.
TSTT BLINK is certainly the way to go!!!!

#6 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

View Postadmin, on 23 July 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Today for instance Flow was unusable for 1-2 hours. Couldn't even load websites anymore, while the speed to the Flow speedtest remained at 5 Mpbs. This might have been a backbone connectivity issue. At the same time, sites loaded via Blink were flying.

Have the same problem again ... Flow is unusable! It takes minutes to even get to discoverflow.co and many other sites.
Fortunately I have the Blink connection which is flying compared to Flow.
Send Flow a support request via their new website ...
And I was thinking again of upgrading.

#7 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Blink's got it's moments like now: steady connectivity and promised speeds...

Greg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users