TSTT Forum: sept 10 2012 put down 212.00 down for install of phone line - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

sept 10 2012 put down 212.00 down for install of phone line this is an unresolved issue

#1 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

we put our deposit down to get a phone line installed. to this day we can't get a company installer to put in service for a new phone line where we are. we have gone in several times and had some nice reps deal with us, so that's a bonus.
we did have the outsourced installers come in to get us hooked up when i complained of the length of time it was taking for an install. they went to the pole where the box is and said they are not able to hook us up. they said that due to the way the last tstt tech had repaired the lines to my mother in law's house, he was not able to do it. he said the wires are supposed to be screwed in inside the box and they weren't. he said that even though her line is working now, it will stop. and it did. that's another matter.

so. again we go to find out what's going on. we were told that we would have to have a new box (or cable?)put in for us, and it had to be 6 poles away or something. we had been waiting and waiting for a call that the rep assured us we would get...we were sitting there when she talked to the installers... and then 3 weeks ago we got a call that they needed directions to locate our pole and that they would call back the next day when they were coming. they never called. 2 weeks after that we went to the office. there was a note on our account saying 'no dial tone'. of COURSE there was no dial tone...that was my mother in laws's line! lol...

the last rep we talked to in chag's talked to the office again and they said that our situation was never referred to the cable dept... i wasn't happy. she also said that she doesn't know when we can get installed.

i primarily wanted dsl; im using a wimax right now. today, i didn't have internet until just before i logged in here. the last time it went out it was for 3 days. i can't rely on it and i do my work from home. also, tstt is the only phone company. i can't just call anyone else to install me...

back to my story. the rep also said that they can't guarantee i WILL have dsl service because they don't have enough 'boxes'? for internet? i really don't understand that. i'm very disgusted with not being able to get something i put my deposit down for and if i didn't already have a one year contract for internet i would most certainly go to greendot to see if they can get me some internet by their dish. but. i'm stuck.

so i want to know how i can go about escalating this. if i have to..and i've told the reps this...i WILL come in everyday and demand to see a supervisor.

i work from comcast in the states, in the internet and phone department. when i have a new install i get them a SET appointment from my appointment screen and the installer goes to the job unless some sort of weather situation occurs or if something else is preventing them from completing their job. if that happens then they reset the appointment or i do. no one waits for 2 months to get installed in the states even when a new cable has to be run or not..this is insanity here.

i am offended being a foreignor at being treated so poorly. and i can't believe that so many people still haven't gotten installed that are LOCALS!! what kind of business is this?

i would like the email or phone number to someone higher up and i would like it to be a working contact please. thanks.

#2 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum. You could try customercare@tstt.co.tt to contact them directly.
The forum user 'TSTT Customer Care' is TSTT and they mentioned this email address a few times.

admin

#3 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postscreeler, on 14 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

we put our deposit down to get a phone line installed. to this day we can't get a company installer to put in service for a new phone line where we are. we have gone in several times and had some nice reps deal with us, so that's a bonus.
we did have the outsourced installers come in to get us hooked up when i complained of the length of time it was taking for an install. they went to the pole where the box is and said they are not able to hook us up. they said that due to the way the last tstt tech had repaired the lines to my mother in law's house, he was not able to do it. he said the wires are supposed to be screwed in inside the box and they weren't. he said that even though her line is working now, it will stop. and it did. that's another matter.

so. again we go to find out what's going on. we were told that we would have to have a new box (or cable?)put in for us, and it had to be 6 poles away or something. we had been waiting and waiting for a call that the rep assured us we would get...we were sitting there when she talked to the installers... and then 3 weeks ago we got a call that they needed directions to locate our pole and that they would call back the next day when they were coming. they never called. 2 weeks after that we went to the office. there was a note on our account saying 'no dial tone'. of COURSE there was no dial tone...that was my mother in laws's line! lol...

the last rep we talked to in chag's talked to the office again and they said that our situation was never referred to the cable dept... i wasn't happy. she also said that she doesn't know when we can get installed.

i primarily wanted dsl; im using a wimax right now. today, i didn't have internet until just before i logged in here. the last time it went out it was for 3 days. i can't rely on it and i do my work from home. also, tstt is the only phone company. i can't just call anyone else to install me...

back to my story. the rep also said that they can't guarantee i WILL have dsl service because they don't have enough 'boxes'? for internet? i really don't understand that. i'm very disgusted with not being able to get something i put my deposit down for and if i didn't already have a one year contract for internet i would most certainly go to greendot to see if they can get me some internet by their dish. but. i'm stuck.

so i want to know how i can go about escalating this. if i have to..and i've told the reps this...i WILL come in everyday and demand to see a supervisor.

i work from comcast in the states, in the internet and phone department. when i have a new install i get them a SET appointment from my appointment screen and the installer goes to the job unless some sort of weather situation occurs or if something else is preventing them from completing their job. if that happens then they reset the appointment or i do. no one waits for 2 months to get installed in the states even when a new cable has to be run or not..this is insanity here.

i am offended being a foreignor at being treated so poorly. and i can't believe that so many people still haven't gotten installed that are LOCALS!! what kind of business is this?

i would like the email or phone number to someone higher up and i would like it to be a working contact please. thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
today i went in to tstt and i was told that the situation is resolved and someone will be coming to install us within 48 hours... i'm pretty sure that it's my mother in law's line that they are going to be going to...and if not that will be good if they install me..but i'll believe it when i see it. i will update this post as well.....

#4 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Postadmin, on 15 November 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Hello and welcome to the forum. You could try customercare@tstt.co.tt to contact them directly.
The forum user 'TSTT Customer Care' is TSTT and they mentioned this email address a few times.

admin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for the suggestion but do you know how many times i have emailed tstt customer service and NEVER have gotten a reply? i dont know who is manning the email customer support but they don't really try to contact anyone. i'm definitely not impressed with the level of service.

#5 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

View Postscreeler, on 15 November 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
today i went in to tstt and i was told that the situation is resolved and someone will be coming to install us within 48 hours... i'm pretty sure that it's my mother in law's line that they are going to be going to...and if not that will be good if they install me..but i'll believe it when i see it. i will update this post as well.....

============================================================================================================

sigh. well again i was told something that wasn't true. no one came out today and it has been 48 hours plus since the note was left on my account. i don't know if the rep (who isn't that personable) was just having me on to get rid of me or what, but i'm still waiting.................................. i need answers and not to email customer service because they don't do a damned thing except maybe do their nails or talk amongst themselves. who is supervising them anyway that theynever answer my email...and i suspect don't answer any of the local customer's email either.

#6 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

View Postadmin, on 15 November 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

admin

i don't see my reply to you from yesterday.. maybe it hasn't been approved yet. but i'd like to know why you would give out that email address when no one replies. i've emailed them numerous times and never get a response.

#7 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

View Postscreeler, on 15 November 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well well well.... look, it's been 5 days and i STILL have not heard from anyone about my installation. am i surprised? nope. tstt really could care less if anyone enjoys their service? i guess they don't need the money that badly then? i guess i'm going to have to go in AGAIN and demand to know why i'm being treated so shabbily and being lied to. this is definitely VERY poor customer service.

#8 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

View Postscreeler, on 20 November 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well well well.... look, it's been 5 days and i STILL have not heard from anyone about my installation. am i surprised? nope. tstt really could care less if anyone enjoys their service? i guess they don't need the money that badly then? i guess i'm going to have to go in AGAIN and demand to know why i'm being treated so shabbily and being lied to. this is definitely VERY poor customer service.

====================================================================================================

well FINALLY someone called me and told me that within 3 days i should be hearing from a contractor to set up my phone line. she also gave me her contact number WITH an extension if i have any issues. i'm very grateful to jennifer for calling me and being so pleasant (which everyone usually is i'll just say that). i have no idea if internet will be included because i was told there might not be enough internet equipment to be had here...which i find strange. most people have dsl blink internet in my village...... i will of course let you all know when i have the installation. this has been a most frustrating experience and this is the reason why customers will get irate. i already know that from being in this job for many years handling customer complaints. wish me luck on this one. sigh.

#9 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

i see no one wished me luck. sigh. so the contractors came yesterday to install me. they were told to bring a suitable length of wire. they did. but the boxes close to me are full and i couldn't be installed in those cabinets. i called today. the woman on the phone was snotty and told me that i couldn't tell her that i needed a new cabinet, only the techs can say that. well the contractors were the ones that told me.. &^8%. she kept insisting there was no dial tone. of course there isn't any fraking dial tone. i don't have a line installed. she kept saying there's problems on the line that had to be resolved. there is no problem other than i can't fit into the available cabinets. she made me sooo angry with her tone that i ended up yelling. i want someone to come and successfully install me and it seems like there is no one in this d.m country that will listen to what i'm saying. i'm almost ready to give up, but that's not in my nature. like i told this jerk i spoke to today, i will go to tstt EVERY day from tomorrow on and SOMEone will be installing me very quickly. i might not yell in the office, seeing as how there are security guards..lol... but i'm not going to be as pleasant as i normally am. is this what tstt does to all of their customers???????

#10 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

why doesn't the contact us tab in the tstt website work. i keep getting a no delivery message in my inbox through my email. maybe the moderator could tell me that? and by the way, i've sent 2 email to the addy you gave me and no one has responded.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users