Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Status of 3G and 4G? %^$@

#1 User is offline   gfxripper Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

I went into TSTT recently was told that the 3g service is being phased out. So what am I suppose to do?

When I sign up for blink via land-line they telling me the line don't have enough BW ok, this is an ongoing thing for like 3 yrs now. So now you want to cut off 3g when I can't get 4g service?What's the logic? I feel link TSTT is moving forward with trying to provide the latest and greatest (iphone,Galaxy etc)but all I and many others who live the country side want is a good reliable internet service. Come on, Trinidad is a small place. That being said, even Digicel say I they don't have coverage in B/pore. We need more competition in this space. I heard recently a talk of another Mobile company. I hope this happens. We suffering .Access to the web is a necessity now.But this really one part in the story of T&T.

#2 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

View Postgfxripper, on 31 December 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

I went into TSTT recently was told that the 3g service is being phased out. So what am I suppose to do?

When I sign up for blink via land-line they telling me the line don't have enough BW ok, this is an ongoing thing for like 3 yrs now. So now you want to cut off 3g when I can't get 4g service?What's the logic? I feel link TSTT is moving forward with trying to provide the latest and greatest (iphone,Galaxy etc)but all I and many others who live the country side want is a good reliable internet service. Come on, Trinidad is a small place. That being said, even Digicel say I they don't have coverage in B/pore. We need more competition in this space. I heard recently a talk of another Mobile company. I hope this happens. We suffering .Access to the web is a necessity now.But this really one part in the story of T&T.

I got WiMax last month after a battle with some incompetence from TSTT for about a month.

I had Blink wired service before but the cables went down and they don't know when they'll fix it.

I think that they'll provide the WiMax service once you can't get the wired service.

I thought that Digicel offered good 4G coverage in Barrackpore.

Greg

#3 User is offline   jpf Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

View Postgreall, on 31 December 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

I got WiMax last month after a battle with some incompetence from TSTT for about a month.

I had Blink wired service before but the cables went down and they don't know when they'll fix it.

I think that they'll provide the WiMax service once you can't get the wired service.

I thought that Digicel offered good 4G coverage in Barrackpore.

Greg

Happy New Year everyone!

I don't have Flow or Blink lines in my area (Cleaver Heights, Arima) but I have a blink wimax modem which, according to blink's website has both 3G & 4G capability. Ask them for that or the wimax box- u can get a test box to check the signal too

#4 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

View Postjpf, on 01 January 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Happy New Year everyone!

I don't have Flow or Blink lines in my area (Cleaver Heights, Arima) but I have a blink wimax modem which, according to blink's website has both 3G & 4G capability. Ask them for that or the wimax box- u can get a test box to check the signal too

You get '4G' if the towers close to where you're at have been upgraded.

Greg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users