TSTT Forum: GREENDOT INTERNET - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

GREENDOT INTERNET

#1 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

does greendot have service in caparo, central trinidad. i would like to know this because TSTT says they can't give me internet even though i have a landline with a brand new 1000 ft phone cable to my home.
also, why is it only 1mg that's the highest download speed? that's not even enough for skype to operate properly.
can anyone tell me if their internet at 1mg would operate faster than dsl internet same speed?

#2 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Their service should be available there.

If you're a gamer then this service may not be good for you since the latencies are somewhat high.

Greg

#3 User is offline   jpf Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

View Postscreeler, on 14 January 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

does greendot have service in caparo, central trinidad. i would like to know this because TSTT says they can't give me internet even though i have a landline with a brand new 1000 ft phone cable to my home.
also, why is it only 1mg that's the highest download speed? that's not even enough for skype to operate properly.
can anyone tell me if their internet at 1mg would operate faster than dsl internet same speed?

According to their site, 1mb is more than enough for high quality video, unless its HD u want or group video

https://support.skyp...does-skype-need

Perhaps its the latency that's the problem.

How far are you from TSTT exchange?

Ever considered the 3G/4G usb modem? i can make skype calls on it- well most of the time

#4 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

View Postgreall, on 21 January 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

Their service should be available there.

If you're a gamer then this service may not be good for you since the latencies are somewhat high.

Greg

hi again greg! well i called greendot and they said they don't have service here either. sigh. but it's only 1mg service. i'm not a gamer, but i do work from home. i've got 1mg on my wimax and that's acceptable, but i need more for skyping. so tstt it is. and they are pissing me off greatly. first it was my landline install that took 3 months. now it's my internet install so i can get rid of this wimax. dec 17 i applied. been given the run around. my sis in law living 40 feet away applied last week and is getting installed today. i have a hoarse voice now from all the yelling i've done to tstt. i've called public relations and they said they'll pass on the information and in 24 hours i'll get a call. i told them someone needs to call me in an hour or i will continually call the office and go into chaguanas office and let myself be heard. i'm not happy about this company at all. yes, i'm getting internet with my wimax, but why not have a fixed line if i can have it? and i have spoken to several agents and they say the programs are down and can't look into this for me. i work for a call centre too, and i know this can happen but i'm not a happy camper right now and this program 'updating' (which i've used a lot as an excuse as a csr myself lol.) isn't helping me!

#5 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

View Postscreeler, on 24 January 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

hi again greg! well i called greendot and they said they don't have service here either. sigh. but it's only 1mg service. i'm not a gamer, but i do work from home. i've got 1mg on my wimax and that's acceptable, but i need more for skyping. so tstt it is. and they are pissing me off greatly. first it was my landline install that took 3 months. now it's my internet install so i can get rid of this wimax. dec 17 i applied. been given the run around. my sis in law living 40 feet away applied last week and is getting installed today. i have a hoarse voice now from all the yelling i've done to tstt. i've called public relations and they said they'll pass on the information and in 24 hours i'll get a call. i told them someone needs to call me in an hour or i will continually call the office and go into chaguanas office and let myself be heard. i'm not happy about this company at all. yes, i'm getting internet with my wimax, but why not have a fixed line if i can have it? and i have spoken to several agents and they say the programs are down and can't look into this for me. i work for a call centre too, and i know this can happen but i'm not a happy camper right now and this program 'updating' (which i've used a lot as an excuse as a csr myself lol.) isn't helping me!

I feel your pain,man...

I HAD the wired Blink service which suddenly died.Letters to TSTT [I actually have a written timeline on this] bore no fruit in addition to three modem changes,rewiring and about eight technician visits to my home within two months.

I call the call centre one night and two reps help me after so long: one tells me that a technician's looking into the problem on that day and to call back in a few hours after the tech finishes work at the exchange. I call back and am told by another rep that the damage's so bad that they don't know when/if it would be fixed but he's seeing a suggestion that I get the WiMax service. This suggestion was made during the SECOND tech visit about a week after I made the complaint in October 2012.

That was the straw which broke the camel's back:all the calls that I was making to TSTT Customer Complaints almost DAILY would not have to be if I were just told of this suggestion.

I understand the limitations of WiMax but I'm grateful for it since my alternative would be Digicel's EDGE service in my area...aka '4G'...

Greg

#6 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

View Postgreall, on 25 January 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

I feel your pain,man...

I HAD the wired Blink service which suddenly died.Letters to TSTT [I actually have a written timeline on this] bore no fruit in addition to three modem changes,rewiring and about eight technician visits to my home within two months.

I call the call centre one night and two reps help me after so long: one tells me that a technician's looking into the problem on that day and to call back in a few hours after the tech finishes work at the exchange. I call back and am told by another rep that the damage's so bad that they don't know when/if it would be fixed but he's seeing a suggestion that I get the WiMax service. This suggestion was made during the SECOND tech visit about a week after I made the complaint in October 2012.

That was the straw which broke the camel's back:all the calls that I was making to TSTT Customer Complaints almost DAILY would not have to be if I were just told of this suggestion.

I understand the limitations of WiMax but I'm grateful for it since my alternative would be Digicel's EDGE service in my area...aka '4G'...

Greg

ya, the wimax is a good solution but it's frustrating when your signals are being interfered with. the call centre doesn't know their head from a hole in the ground. i've tried doing a google dns server, but that's too slow.i've notice posts about open dns. i went to their page but sales isn't in to chat with right now. wondering if that will work. when i do speedtest.net it has flow and digicel. flow is faster. when i disable my norton, i get over 1 mg but not the 2 mg i just went in to the office to apply for. however, on my smart tv, you tube videos actually play now. a bit of buffering but not bad....
so if the exchange is so bad why not fix it? i was told that there's no space for me in my cabinet. i don't get that because the guy that did my landline put in a brand new wire and he said one port was damaged but there were 2 more that were good. he went to the main box and fixed thigns up for me. i told tstt i want a tech to come out to explain things to me. the agent i spoke to told me that the landline tech doesn't know anything about internet connections. but how does she know if it's true or not being an agent.
as a csr myself, i know that csr's will say anything to you to get you to go away. for myself, i always tried to find out information and told them i can't be sure what the problem is, but i can pass it on to my supervisor or the appropriate dept. i always kept the account number to make sure if it was being looked into and if it wasn't then i would call back to inquire if anyone called anyway. if not, then i would ask my supervisor what else we could do. the supervisor was able to in many cases contact the appropriate dept because we didn't have access to email or ph numbers for them.
i find tstt agents like the worst agents in my office. and most of them are really rude. you aren't supposed to interrupt a customer while they are talking. you aren't supposed to mute them while they are talking. they do all that.
this is a very frustrating company when it comes to telecommunications. lol.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users