• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FLOW INTERNET

#1 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

just found out that flow has service in caparo and i'm wondering how reliable it is? i'm using a wimax modem right now because TSTT says due to technical difficulties, that they can't give me internet through my phone line. and flow looks pretty good with a 5mg download speed for 199... and TSTT is 2 mgs for 249.... hopefully someone can let me know how they like flow internet? thanks.

#2 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

View Postscreeler, on 14 January 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

just found out that flow has service in caparo and i'm wondering how reliable it is? i'm using a wimax modem right now because TSTT says due to technical difficulties, that they can't give me internet through my phone line. and flow looks pretty good with a 5mg download speed for 199... and TSTT is 2 mgs for 249.... hopefully someone can let me know how they like flow internet? thanks.

I've been getting so not so kind reviews about their Internet service.

Greg

#3 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

View Postgreall, on 21 January 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

I've been getting so not so kind reviews about their Internet service.

Greg

thanks greg, i guess they don't have lines going to caparo anyway. sigh.

#4 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Flow internet is one of the most misrepresented bogus internet connection money could buy in this country. The speed they offer you is to their network, your international bandwidth with flow is trash. I know because I had Flow 5Mb and at certain times of the day I get under 1Mb speeds to servers in USA. Recently upgraded to Flow 15Mb package and I get the 15Mb to Flow Trinidad but outbound to USA the variation is large and not in my favour. Also based on some limited testing I believe Flow throttles torrent connections. One of the problems within Flow Trinidad is the corruption within the company, I asked the cable guy if people were still stealing cable TV and he said no sir you cannot steal cable TV anymore but for $3000 he could hook me up with stolen 25Mb Internet for life. So with all the people stealing Internet from Flow it may be a contributor to the issue.

#5 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostLich King, on 26 January 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Flow internet is one of the most misrepresented bogus internet connection money could buy in this country. The speed they offer you is to their network, your international bandwidth with flow is trash. I know because I had Flow 5Mb and at certain times of the day I get under 1Mb speeds to servers in USA. Recently upgraded to Flow 15Mb package and I get the 15Mb to Flow Trinidad but outbound to USA the variation is large and not in my favour. Also based on some limited testing I believe Flow throttles torrent connections. One of the problems within Flow Trinidad is the corruption within the company, I asked the cable guy if people were still stealing cable TV and he said no sir you cannot steal cable TV anymore but for $3000 he could hook me up with stolen 25Mb Internet for life. So with all the people stealing Internet from Flow it may be a contributor to the issue.

I see...

Greg

#6 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Yup, I tried again today with a known fast downloading torrent and Flow 15Mb connection could not even go past 200KB/s which is pathetic so back to using Blink. Greg do you know if anyone else has torrent throttling issues with Flow? Ofcourse I suspected Flow Internet as being hogwash from the day they announced 25Mb and higher but I finally had a chance to confirm with my own testing.

#7 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Yes, from my experience using the 5Mbps or 15Mbps Flow package there is no difference at all (most of the times).
Most likely streams are throttled.
The only way to get 'full speed' is by combining several streams when downloading via http or ftp with e.g. 'Free Download Manager'.
Unfortunately audio/video streams cannot (yet) use multiple streams and the result is a buffering youtube or many other video sources.
Flow's backbone speed is at times extremely low. I sometimes get better results when using a proxy server somewhere in a different country, routing streams differently.

#8 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

[quote name='admin' date='28 January 2013 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1359384027' post='22036']
Yes, from my experience using the 5Mbps or 15Mbps Flow package there is no difference at all (most of the times).
Most likely streams are throttled.
The only way to get 'full speed' is by combining several streams when downloading via http or ftp with e.g. 'Free Download Manager'.
Unfortunately audio/video streams cannot (yet) use multiple streams and the result is a buffering youtube or many other video sources.
Flow's backbone speed is at times extremely low. I sometimes get better results when using a proxy server somewhere in a different country, routing streams differently.
[/quote

what do you think of the opendns thing i've seen posted here?

#9 User is offline   Musa Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

In what area do you live. I'm in San Fernando and I'm not getting lower that 4.61Mbps down (http://www.speedtest.net/ , http://www.bandwidthplace.com/) and I sometimes get between 500Kbps - 800Kbps on torrents. Makes me wonder if it has to be your location.

#10 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostMusa, on 20 February 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

In what area do you live. I'm in San Fernando and I'm not getting lower that 4.61Mbps down (http://www.speedtest.net/ , http://www.bandwidthplace.com/) and I sometimes get between 500Kbps - 800Kbps on torrents. Makes me wonder if it has to be your location.
Look at what my 15Mbps connection looks like at night. I just tested this, about 9:10pm. Whether the problem is my location or not this speed is still total trash and unacceptable.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2532318807.png
It was so slow that the first time I tried loading speedtest.net it gave an error and I had to refresh. And this is why I am glad I didn't cancel my blink account because right now even though it says 1.35Mbps trying to load a webpage is moving like dial up speeds.

#11 User is offline   davecc Icon

• PipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

I have to disagree with you as I have both the 50Mb at home and the 15Mb at work and they both perform as advertised. I use Graboid to get my Movies and TV shows. Graboid shows the speeds the files are being downloaded which are true to each package. As for the stealing on Internet, the Technician should be fired and reported to the Police.

#12 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

Well, at 1:02 am my Flow connection went down and did not come back again as one would usually expect.

I called Flow at 1:30am and they told me that they are doing some maintenance until around 6am.
The CSR told me that they would usually announce this in the papers or via radio ...
Haven't they heard about the Internet yet?
Not even their Facebroke site is announcing any outage.
So, my Flaw phone is down for 5 hours, no Internet connection via Flow ... I am not impressed at all.
Well, and that is probably why I pay for 3 Internet connections and a mobile Internet connection ... just to cover my providers flaws.
Back to 100% Blink, 4G etc!

#13 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

View Postadmin, on 19 March 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

Well, at 1:02 am my Flow connection went down and did not come back again as one would usually expect.

I called Flow at 1:30am and they told me that they are doing some maintenance until around 6am.
The CSR told me that they would usually announce this in the papers or via radio ...
Haven't they heard about the Internet yet?
Not even their Facebroke site is announcing any outage.
So, my Flaw phone is down for 5 hours, no Internet connection via Flow ... I am not impressed at all.
Well, and that is probably why I pay for 3 Internet connections and a mobile Internet connection ... just to cover my providers flaws.
Back to 100% Blink, 4G etc!

*make sure you record the day in your calendar and call them repeatedly. i worked in a call centre so i know that different agents give different answers if they aren't properly trained. when i call tstt to find out about connection issues, i will call at least 3 times in an hour. maybe a bit excessive but i know when i'm being fed a line that way. plus you'll want to get credit if you've been out for the day as well* i'm using a wimax modem still and upgraded to 2mg and i'm very happy with the service now. rarely do i have an internet outtage. i can also watch youtube on my tv without buffering (depending on the internet traffic in the area, but 99% of the time, it's awesome)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users