Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bittorrent

#1 User is offline   davecc Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Is anyone out there experiencing no connection to the Bittorrents after Flow's breakdown on Monday 13th, 2013? I am also unable to connect to Graboid.

#2 User is offline   dartzreunion Icon

• Pip

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I just got flow 2 days now and torrent download speeds are terrible.Signed up for the 25Mbps package.Kinda get the speed 'sometimes' for direct downloads but really slow speeds for torrents.

#3 User is offline   shivy Icon

• PipPip

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

View Postdartzreunion, on 05 June 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

I just got flow 2 days now and torrent download speeds are terrible.Signed up for the 25Mbps package.Kinda get the speed 'sometimes' for direct downloads but really slow speeds for torrents.

Flow does traffic shaping on torrents and other types of traffic. You may find your torrent work better during off peak as opposed to peak time. You will never get your full rate on torrent. Might see it with downloads like ftp etc, but it depends on their policies. Check out their fair usage policy in your contract and that should help clear it up for you.

#4 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

View Postshivy, on 08 June 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Flow does traffic shaping on torrents and other types of traffic. You may find your torrent work better during off peak as opposed to peak time. You will never get your full rate on torrent. Might see it with downloads like ftp etc, but it depends on their policies. Check out their fair usage policy in your contract and that should help clear it up for you.

You need to have your bit torrent client configured correctly.
Also you need more than one torrent or a torrent with a lot of seeds to get that speed.

AFAik on their website, they do not throttle torrent traffic

#5 User is offline   dartzreunion Icon

• Pip

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostSkylined, on 09 June 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

You need to have your bit torrent client configured correctly.
Also you need more than one torrent or a torrent with a lot of seeds to get that speed.

AFAik on their website, they do not throttle torrent traffic

my torrent client is configured correctly and i only download from private trackers..and yes it seems they are throttling..i also have a 10 meg tstt connection and always gets faster speeds on same torrents which flows internet gets crappy speeds.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users