• +

Blink goes down for the Night Seriously no connection from 5pm to 5am

#16 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

View Postninja_55, on 10 November 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

No probs man..the amount of years I dealt with tstt and blink I ought to know their modem and technology inside out LOL. I suffered for years before flow came to my area as well. I had DSL 64kbps when they now started straight up to their blink packages but their infrastructure is way too outdated to handle the speeds and demand. They are now in the process of fiber roll out to compete with flow but still fall short. That trick I said in my earlier post is the mode used to communicate with the exchange. G.DMT yields a lower line rate but a more constant speed and stable connection. ADSL2+ is the ideal mode but you need a good line to maintain the line rate and connection, this is why you experienced so many drops because after 5pm is when it gets dark and yes believe it or not, a simple street light or rain affects that signal. I'm glad you switched to FLOW. You should be fine now, btw flow has upgraded their 5,15 and 25MB packages all by 5MB increments..so to save yourself some money you can reduce to the TURBO 15 for 299.99 and will get 20Mbps which to me is more than enough for anything HD but it's all up to you. Enjoy!

Regards,
ninja_55

I wait for Flow or even Greendot or Digicel to upgrade to WCDMA/HSPA here while TSTT/Blink's got me by the nuts...

Greg

#17 User is offline   ninja_55 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

View Postgreall, on 11 November 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

I wait for Flow or even Greendot or Digicel to upgrade to WCDMA/HSPA here while TSTT/Blink's got me by the nuts...

Greg

where you at greall? that is some serious frustration yes

#18 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

View Postninja_55, on 11 November 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

where you at greall? that is some serious frustration yes

Moruga-on-the-Sea...

Gregory

#19 User is offline   ninja_55 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

View Postgreall, on 11 November 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

Moruga-on-the-Sea...

Gregory

Moruga u say yes...wel boy that is some hard times and a looooooooong wait for any other ISP option. Your other option might be satellite internet?
Good Luck and hope you get another ISP soon!

#20 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

My FLOW problems begin here...
http://tsttproblems....?showtopic=1978

#21 User is offline   ninja_55 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostSkylined, on 16 November 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

My FLOW problems begin here...
http://tsttproblems....?showtopic=1978

WDA hoss? like yuh need some serious prayers or bush bath ahahah naaaaaaaa...anyway keep that blink for back up yes...and hopefully flow will sort you out asap..keep us updated...feel free to talk to me or any one of us here for help...

Regards,
Ninja

#22 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

View Postninja_55, on 13 November 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Moruga u say yes...wel boy that is some hard times and a looooooooong wait for any other ISP option. Your other option might be satellite internet?
Good Luck and hope you get another ISP soon!

The local cable company's rolling out new cable and I hope that it's digital to allow for Internet service...

Greg

#23 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

View Postninja_55, on 10 November 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

No probs man..the amount of years I dealt with tstt and blink I ought to know their modem and technology inside out LOL. I suffered for years before flow came to my area as well. I had DSL 64kbps when they now started straight up to their blink packages but their infrastructure is way too outdated to handle the speeds and demand. They are now in the process of fiber roll out to compete with flow but still fall short. That trick I said in my earlier post is the mode used to communicate with the exchange. G.DMT yields a lower line rate but a more constant speed and stable connection. ADSL2+ is the ideal mode but you need a good line to maintain the line rate and connection, this is why you experienced so many drops because after 5pm is when it gets dark and yes believe it or not, a simple street light or rain affects that signal. I'm glad you switched to FLOW. You should be fine now, btw flow has upgraded their 5,15 and 25MB packages all by 5MB increments..so to save yourself some money you can reduce to the TURBO 15 for 299.99 and will get 20Mbps which to me is more than enough for anything HD but it's all up to you. Enjoy!

Regards,
ninja_55

Just downgraded my package to the 20MB because of the faster upload speed...

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users