• You cannot reply to this topic

My FLOW Installation 25MB installed but not working properly

#1 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hello, I must be the most unlucky guy in Trinidad when it comes to internet services.

I paid my reconnection on the 4/11/2013 and they came and installed digital everything on the 11/11/2013.
I got two Motorola DCT700 SD cable boxes and one Arris TM822G modem.

After the technicians left it was about 3 hours before FLOW called me and asked for the serial numbers.
They guy then said he would call me back, the techs came back and said one of the cable boxes were associated with another account and they needed to change it.
Isn't this supposed to be brand new equipment?

Well after changing it, the cable tv service worked fine after about 2 hours again.
To my surprise, the US (upstream light) on my modem was only flashing, after calling several times, I got a technician to come out on the 13/11/2013.
He used some type of device and said that there was a problem with the Upstream and that most likely the "tap" on the pole connecting my street would have to be changed.
After he left my home FLOW called me and told me that same thing and that someone would check it that evening or in the morning.

Well nothing, I called them the next day and they confirmed there was a maintenance schedules for 15/11/2013, still nothing...just keep resetting the modem and still seeing the US light blinking.

I called them this morning, and the guy told me Monday now, so those contractors/techs don't work on weekends?
It will be a week on Monday no phone service or internet, I sure they can't charge me for that period.

Good thing I didn't disconnect my Blink service yet!

TBC...

#2 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

I've learnt to have my Digicel USB dongle as backup for when TSTT crashes here...

Greg

#3 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

I use 4G Digicel Internet from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus when all else fails, sometimes I get a good 2MB, but that damn 3GB data cap!

#4 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

Monday morning, I got up and saw that all the lights were lit on the arris modem.
After getting excited, I hooked up my laptop and did a speed test... 30MB Down and 1.5MB Up.
And the phone even works too!

Nice...I will monitor it for a while before I disconnect my Blink.

#5 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Works flawlessly, I just had to reset my arris modem once to get my full speed one morning...
Gonna give TSTT notice now.

PS: utorrent works great, I really don't know what throttling issue some people having?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users