• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

problems with torrent ares and hola on blink vpn

#1 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

i downloaded torennt, bit torrent, bit lord, ares, chili torrent and finally hola. i can't for the life of me figure out whats wrong that i can't access any of these sites. i went into my zhone router provided by blink and disabled the firewall. what else do i need to do so i can have these working properly? i have actually followed instructions from other posts when i googled the issue but nothing is working. i'm thinking it's my router. otherwise everything else works properly.

#2 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

ok, i called blink to disable my firewall. i'm still not getting results with ares, bit torrent, veetle etc. this is driving me crazy! is there something in the zhone gateway settings that i need to enable? i'm wondering about this IPsec setting. don't know why, but it seems like i should have something done with that? anyone that's savvy with vpn's please let me know what i need to do to access these programs. blink says they don't have anything to do with vpn, which makes sense, because that's not their product, but i'm sure there's something else i haven't looked at. a person that has flow doesn't have to go through all this, he said he was able to access immediately. oh and btw, my magic jack didn't work either with this modem.

#3 User is offline   dr.tt Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

View Postscreeler, on 28 November 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

ok, i called blink to disable my firewall. i'm still not getting results with ares, bit torrent, veetle etc. this is driving me crazy! is there something in the zhone gateway settings that i need to enable? i'm wondering about this IPsec setting. don't know why, but it seems like i should have something done with that? anyone that's savvy with vpn's please let me know what i need to do to access these programs. blink says they don't have anything to do with vpn, which makes sense, because that's not their product, but i'm sure there's something else i haven't looked at. a person that has flow doesn't have to go through all this, he said he was able to access immediately. oh and btw, my magic jack didn't work either with this modem.

Did you reboot your router after TSTT disabled your firewall?
If not then you are still behind the firewall.

DR.TT

#4 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

View Postdr.tt, on 29 November 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Did you reboot your router after TSTT disabled your firewall?
If not then you are still behind the firewall.

DR.TT

yes, and still no luck. makes me mad because my friend who is with flow didn't have to do anything. he just connected. i'm wondering if it's something in the NAT settings in my zhone router or something? i've allowed the programs to go through when mcaffee has it's pop ups and it's controlling my windows firewall. i even went so far as to disable my firewall for an hour to see what happens. nothing.

#5 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

You need to forward a port for torrents

#6 User is offline   screeler Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostSkylined, on 17 December 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

You need to forward a port for torrents

hi, thanks for the reply! i finally did get access because of a really good agent named kurt (i think, it's been so long now) and he said the agent the previous night had unblocked my firewall, but didn't do one more thing. he corrected that and voila! i was able to get hola, and anything else i wanted! my magic jack was even working (except for the fact that i needed to renew my subscription.lol) i was also able to access knctr which is an internet phone that you can make free calls to canada and the states. i can watch netflix in any counttry setting i want, don't need green dot anymore because i can get all the major american networks online. all is well with the world! :)
so merry christmas to you and yours, and stay safe!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users