• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flow Support really?

#1 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

Today, after fighting some Flow connectivity issues with Check Point Safe@Office units, cloning MAC addresses to get the Internet connection back online, sending an email request via their website, I unfortunately decided to give them a call.

After stating that I am and three other business clients are experiencing the same Flow connectivity problems, solvable via cloning the MAC address to just another one, the support lady told me to set all configurations back to when it was working.

I told her that at the same time four Check Point Safe@Office units are experiencing the same problem and she insisted that it is not on the Flow side and must be the 'customer equipment'. Well, I told her that I did not really expected anything else from Flow support and asked for the supervisor. ... well, that was the end of that. She just hung up.
As a result I decided to downgrade my Flow package and save $1,200 a year.

#2 User is offline   Skylined Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:The Internet ;)

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:25 AM

A little secret... when I use any other equipment (or change the MAC address via clone feature in router) connected to my cable modem I get a different IP address...
The best performance I got so far is from using the mac address from the first notebook I connected to the modem.

Now when I applied for the service (residential) they told me that a static IP would cost $100 extra per month.
I didn't go for it, but I've noticed that my IP doesn't change (at least not that often ~6months)
Very bad for people who "hit and run" torrents as the trackers blacklist your ip and/or pool of ips.
When I want a new IP, I spoof a new MAC address.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I'm sure they will fix it!

Maybe this information will help you with your checkpoint appliances.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users