TSTT Forum: Setting up Blink Broadband with a 3rd party router - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Setting up Blink Broadband with a 3rd party router Router seems like its not taking the connection

#1 User is offline   deathwinger Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm setting up a router for a friend of mine who has Blink Broadband, I believe the 2mbit package. When the ethernet is plugged directly into the computer, the internet works just fine. However, when the WAN Ethernet is plugged into the router, even though the MAC address of the computer has been cloned to the router, it does not get assigned any IP addresses from Blink. (even if you use the release and refresh options for WAN configuration). I'm assuming its something to do with 'connection type' option in the router which is Automatic/DHCP right now (other options are PPPOE, etc.)

We called Blink and they do not give assistance with 3rd party routers. The router is a Medialink Easy Setup Wireless Router http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B0044YU60M

Anyone have any idea what might be the issue?

#2 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:51 AM

Make sure that the Blink router and the Medialink router do not use the same IP network for the LAN interface.
Blink usually uses 192.168.1.x. Use a network different than 192.168.1.x, e.g. 192.168.2.x. (or 192.168.0.x with 192.168.0.1 as the router's default IP).
Don't see why you need to clone the MAC address.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users