• +
  • Last »

why is dialup so slow during night??

#1 User is offline   shaneelal Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:06 PM

Hi,it took me about 10 minutes to reach this page to post and about 40 refreshes. It's 9pm and gosh the internet is slow. I have dialup,over the past few weeks it has just gotten worst. Surfing the net has become unbareable. I know it's probably as more users log on things will slow down,but can't TSTT anticipate this and do something??
What sense does it have internet if you can't use it. I connect at 49.2Kbps or 50.6Kbps yet pages toke forever to load or just don't.I don't care much about their fancy advertisement,just give us good service at a good price and I'll be happy.

I"m from carapichaima,serviced by chaguanas exchange.

#2 User is offline   Trini.tk Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:31 PM

I'm from Carapichaima as well and I know what you're saying.
Dial-up has gotten worse (didn't think that was possible).
Sometimes nothing seems to work...messengers cut off, web pages time out and downloads just stop completely.
Hopefully FLOW will save us from TSTT. I see some of their prices in Jamaica for broadband are actually cheaper than TSTT's dial-up when you convert the prices to TTD.
Who knows, there may be hope for us yet. ;)

#3 User is offline   Trini.tk Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:59 PM

OK so I'm doing some uploads...no big thing right...WRONG!!!

At about 10:40PM my FTP client starts timing out continuously. Well it's 101:57PM as I'm typing here and still experiencing difficulties in uploading.

It's like when a certain time reaches TSTT just shuts down.

You know their tech support closes at 10PM so I guess it's quite alright for everything to cease functioning properly (or at least what we are accustomed to accepting as working properly) until 7 in the morning when tech support is open again.

Sometimes I wish all those bomb scares were real and all of TSTT's offices were blown up :angry: :angry: :angry:

#4 User is offline   Trini.tk Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:35 AM

It's about 12:34AM on Sunday June 25th, 2006.

Guess what?....The internet is crawling again.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

#5 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:53 AM

I'm in Moruga and getting no problems here to get online.

Greg

#6 User is offline   jevolution Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:39 PM

It's true, over the last few days, well especially nights, i've noticed the crawling internet. Its unbearable and im so sick of dail up. Cant wait for high speed prices to drop just a little more.
I wonder if this is being done on purpose by tstt...

#7 User is offline   kemraj Icon

• Moto Modder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Developing and administrating of websites.
    www.TriniMotors.com

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:57 PM

:rolleyes: :D Well i does be on the net all day and night and i really don't exprience any slow net, the only thing is that when some one calls the line it disconnects. Well why don't u all use some internet optimizers i helps and increase your download and uploads even faster. Well it makes my net speed reach at 57.6 no lie every day.

#8 User is offline   shaneelal Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:49 AM

kemraj, on Jul 5 2006, 11:57 PM, said:

:rolleyes:  :D Well i does be on the net all day and night and i really don't exprience any slow net, the only thing is that when some one calls the line it disconnects. Well why don't u all use some internet optimizers i helps and increase your download and uploads even faster. Well it makes my net speed reach at 57.6 no lie every day. I live arounf people like Trini.tk who constantly use their net. My pc is almost on 24/7,I only take it off when net is dead.It can't be like this forever,so I'm just waiting.

That 57.6Kbps,is the speed you connect at,your modem and one of TSTT's modem handshakes on that speed depending on quality of line and availiable speed. I usually connect at 50.6. Internet optimizers won't make sense if their's no internet,if you get my drift. Pages don't load at all sometimes,I use TweakMaster pro but that can't help if no data can be recieved.You probably live in a rural area where not many people have internet access,tell me if I'm right.I live around people like Trini.tk who constantly use their net. My pc is almost on 24/7,I only take it off when net is dead.It can't be like this forever,so I'm just waiting.

#9 User is offline   kemraj Icon

• Moto Modder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Developing and administrating of websites.
    www.TriniMotors.com

Post icon  Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:09 PM

Amm nope almost 97% of every house in tabaquite has internet and thats not the reason. I'm telling u internet optimizer works my friend and a dude next dooor connect at 50.6 and sometimes 55.6 so its notting to do will much or little people were i live will affect the speed. It may but not the extent u are carrying out your point. And i do connect at 56.7 :D lol

#10 User is offline   jevolution Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:03 AM

kemraj, on Jul 5 2006, 11:57 PM, said:

:rolleyes: :D Well i does be on the net all day and night and i really don't exprience any slow net, the only thing is that when some one calls the line it disconnects. Well why don't u all use some internet optimizers i helps and increase your download and uploads even faster. Well it makes my net speed reach at 57.6 no lie every day.

lol I connect at 115.2 Kbps and i'm on dial up but that amounts to no speed. I partially agree with shaneelal, cos connecting at 115.2 doesnt do a thing because the service tstt is givin isn't that fast and well also cos i have i dial up modem which is not meant for 115.2 spds but i dont even get the speeds i'm supposed to be getting.
Also internet optimizers do help to an extend as i hav fiddled with quite a few of them a few years back and i did notice an effect however i must admit that there has been a noticeable drop in a quality of tstt's dial up service in some areas.

#11 User is offline   shaneelal Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:25 AM

Interesting thread,well I don't believe tabaquite has close to the amount of internet users as the chaguanas exchange serves. Anyhow lastnight TSTT served me well,I left my download manager running (flashget) and was able to download 196MB in less than 9hours. I got between 5.8kbps and 6.2kbps all night. Why do you think TSTT boasts about DSL being a direct connect to them and not shared. They're dialup is shared among the dialup users. I"ll monitor dialup and see how it goes,usually on a friday night it's impossible to surf the net.

#12 User is offline   jevolution Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:39 PM

Yes, dail up is shared, and highly depends on network traffic of the area and its true that tabaquite does not have close to the amount of internet users as the chaguanas exchange.

#13 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:34 PM

I don't think that there are a lot of Internet users here in Moruga so that might account for the steady service but TSTT sometimes bounces my connect call to places such as Siparia and San Juan if I can't connect at Princes Town which is closest to me.

Greg

#14 User is offline   halajeet Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

Don't be misled by connection speeds of 57.6 and 115.2. This is actually the baud rate between the modem and the PC's central bus. It does not represent the true connection rate between the modem and the ISP. Theoretically the maximum attainable connection rate is around 53kbps. Modems need to have the proper drivers installed so as to report accurate statistics including connection rate. Without these drivers, that is, if a generic driver is used, the modem will not have the intelligence to report the correct stats and instead will tell you that you're connected at 57.6 or 115.2

http://www.cuhk.edu....0up.html#dual56

#15 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:22 PM

I connect at 50.6K here at Moruga but I know that really means that my throughput is more like 35-40K with download speeds at about 3.6K but sometimes I get to download at maximum 8K.

Greg

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users